Brandon Quick (outspoken bravo student) challenged in the UG

nefti

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Dear Mr. Brandon Quick, I would like to propose a friendly challenge match between myself (Paul Schreiner) and you, Mr. Brandon Quick. I am a 185 lb gi jiu jitsu player (and would even be willing to wear the gi in our match if you prefer). I will restrain myself to only using ibjjf legal techniques, however, you are free to choose the rules you would like to compete under. You can also choose the date, time, location, scoring (or submission only) and time limit for the match. I will provide my own transportation to the match. I would prefer for it to be held in a public venue but would not be opposed to doing a closed door match. I would like to reserve the right to bring one person with me to the match as a witness. Additionally the match will be recorded on video and we will both receive a copy of the video at the conclusion of the event. An anonymous donor has already pledged $1000 towards the purse and I am sure we can get more people to contribute to make it worth our time. Thank you for your time and consideration, Paul Schreiner

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.frame&page=1

awesome dude, nice find! Brandon's instructional was pretty cool, but it would be nice to see him do his techniques live against an unwilling opponent. I've never seen any competition footage of him.

i'm not Paul Schreiner is. BTW Ryan Hall just co signed paul as a legit guy.

The more I think about it the dumber it is.

A: Why would a black belt call out a brown belt for no reason?
B: Why would Schreiner challenge B. Quick?
C: Would this prove anything?

I don't know. I don't like blind challenges unless someone is saying they are the best and Quick didn't say that about himself. All he did was imply that his style is better and their is endless proof that it isn't so this "challenge" is pointless IMO.

B: Why would Schreiner challenge B. Quick?
C: Would this prove anything?

I don't know. I don't like blind challenges unless someone is saying they are the best and Quick didn't say that about himself. All he did was imply that his style is better and their is endless proof that it isn't so this "challenge" is pointless IMO.

Where's the proof? No offence, I'm not denying it I'm just legitimately interested in seeing the proof. I don't really know much about either of these guys besides the fade to black set and I'd like to see why one style is better than the other. I do think it's weird that a black belt is calling out a brown belt. I've also never heard anything about Brandon Quick being outspoken(or anything else for the matter). Have any links?

If this is a no-gi competition it won't make a difference. Either or I am rooting against the 10th Planet guy, never been a fan of the 10th Planet system.

Brandon was challenged because people on the UG grappling forum think he overpeddles 10th planet stuff, and really isn't even that good. He is one of the few 10th planet guys who competes, and he went to the Naga in Dallas.

He lost 2 of 3 matches. He was subbed by a random Travis Lutter purple belt. He won't put these matches online, which is funny because he puts EVERYTHING online. Part of this challenge requires it to be on video. People are sick of him touting 10th planet as the future, when he doesn't even place in a Naga division.

If this guy is a black belt and wants to prove 10th planet isn't legit then why doesn't he challenge Eddie? If it's touting 10th planet as the future of jiu jitsu that makes him angry then Bravo would be the guy to go after.

If this guy is a black belt and wants to prove 10th planet isn't legit then why doesn't he challenge Eddie? If it's touting 10th planet as the future of jiu jitsu that makes him angry then Bravo would be the guy to go after.

Sometimes a methodology or instructor is best evaluated by looking at the students?

bravo is a BB under machado and he would resort to using good old regular BJJ in a second.
i think eddies top student is boller though.

Too bad this is being touted as a match to find out if 10th Planet is legit. I'm sure brandon doesn't want that burden. It also wouldn't prove that. Brandon already competes so there is already a gauge of how well he does in competition. But he should take the match because, well.... he's a competitive grappler and here is an opportunity for him to win 1 match and get a purse. If you're gonna pay money to enter a tourney, why wouldn't you do one for free with a purse. If he declines, it would just look bad. My instructor tells us that in the combat sports business, your reputation is everything.

because eddie bravo hasn't competed since loosing to Leo.

Too bad this is being touted as a match to find out if 10th Planet is legit. I'm sure brandon doesn't want that burden. It also wouldn't prove that. Brandon already competes so there is already a gauge of how well he does in competition. But he should take the match because, well.... he's a competitive grappler and here is an opportunity for him to win 1 match and get a purse. If you're gonna pay money to enter a tourney, why wouldn't you do one for free with a purse. If he declines, it would just look bad. My instructor tells us that in the combat sports business, your reputation is everything.

"Brandon competes" is plural. He's competed once, and lost every match (won the first by the ref screwing up and raising the wrong hand).

I think this match SHOULD happen, because now Brandon gets to back up all of his talk. He's made a lot of comments down talking the Gi, and now Schreiner is willing to have a match NoGi against Quick while still wearing the gi.

Boller is definitely Eddie's best (IMO), but you don't see him online down talking the Gi, or saying much of anything for that matter. That's why people haven't included him in this mess.

Quick may not be 10thPJJ's best, but I mean damn, he's a brown shirt right??? That *does* mean that he's really solid, right??? People saying that Brandon isn't Eddie's best I think is downplaying the integrity of Eddie's brown shirts (because the purple shirt has already been degraded by Sensei Ari Bolden).

Back