Brandon Quick (outspoken bravo student) challenged in the UG

i like brandons dvds --he's a good teacher

would love to see him fight

let me clear up a few misconceptions about 10th planet (i actually train with eddie):

*eddie did not promote brandon to brown belt. some other instructor that brandon trained with prior to joining 10th planet promoted him (i don't know who).

*brandon knows the 10th planet system well, but he is not one of the top students. (i wouldn't even put him in the top 10).

"Brandon competes" is plural. He's competed once, and lost every match (won the first by the ref screwing up and raising the wrong hand).

I think this match SHOULD happen, because now Brandon gets to back up all of his talk. He's made a lot of comments down talking the Gi, and now Schreiner is willing to have a match NoGi against Quick while still wearing the gi.

Boller is definitely Eddie's best (IMO), but you don't see him online down talking the Gi, or saying much of anything for that matter. That's why people haven't included him in this mess.

Quick may not be 10thPJJ's best, but I mean damn, he's a brown shirt right??? That *does* mean that he's really solid, right??? People saying that Brandon isn't Eddie's best I think is downplaying the integrity of Eddie's brown shirts (because the purple shirt has already been degraded by Sensei Ari Bolden).

I think he should also. I don't see what the big deal is. If he loses, he still stepped up and took on a black belt. A brown who runs his own school and puts out dvds should be able to show some skills even in defeat. I don't think people are even expecting him to win, just showing up would show some heart on his part.

let me clear up a few misconceptions about 10th planet (i actually train with eddie):

*eddie did not promote brandon to brown belt. some other instructor that brandon trained with prior to joining 10th planet promoted him (i don't know who).

*brandon knows the 10th planet system well, but he is not one of the top students. (i wouldn't even put him in the top 10).

So what is Brandon's lineage then? Is his brown from the gi or is there some other instructor out there giving out shirts also?

*eddie did not promote brandon to brown belt. some otheor instructor that brandon trained with prior to joining 10th planet promoted him (i don't know who).

I was under the impression that BQ was a brown shirt under Eddie.

Who are the top 10 under Eddie then? Seems like a bunch of no nothings receive the rank of purple or greater from Eddie and then they get to open up a school. Eddie is contributing to the McDojo population. He just wants to line his pockets with more money, doesn't seem like he cares about what he puts his name on.

Brandon's web site just states he is a brown belt....I wonder who promoted him to that. I also thought he was strictly no-gi, so him being a brown belt is confusing to me.

I was under the impression that BQ was a brown shirt under Eddie.

Who are the top 10 under Eddie then? Seems like a bunch of no nothings receive the rank of purple or greater from Eddie and then they get to open up a school. Eddie is contributing to the McDojo population. He just wants to line his pockets with more money, doesn't seem like he cares about what he puts his name on.

Brandon's web site just states he is a brown belt....I wonder who promoted him to that. I also thought he was strictly no-gi, so him being a brown belt is confusing to me.

Does seem a little fishy. I go to a small school. We could use more students. My instructor wasn't promoted by Eddie, but I guess that doesn't matter. Maybe we could change our name to 10th Planet.

because eddie bravo hasn't competed since GETTING KILLED to Leo.

Fixed that for ya.

Brandon was challenged because people on the UG grappling forum think he overpeddles 10th planet stuff, and really isn't even that good. He is one of the few 10th planet guys who competes, and he went to the Naga in Dallas.

He lost 2 of 3 matches. He was subbed by a random Travis Lutter purple belt. He won't put these matches online, which is funny because he puts EVERYTHING online. Part of this challenge requires it to be on video. People are sick of him touting 10th planet as the future, when he doesn't even place in a Naga division.

Lol thats funny stuff.

just saying 10th planet has changed jiu jitsu over and over doesn't make it true. Step one change jiu jitsu. Step two now you can say it's changed jiu jitsu.
One side note. He calls traditional bjj boring and 10th planet exciting. I find the opposite true. 10th planet is step 1 to step 2 etc ... Traditional bjj is more flow and feel and instinct

The whole 10th Planet system is a joke. It has been a quiet inside joke for a while now, and lately with Sensei Ari Bolden and the rest of the 10th Planet crew it's become a flat out joke.

It used to be that the mark of a total beginner in BJJ was that he thought Royce Gracie was the greatest BJJ competitor of all time. Now that has changed and the new mark of a total beginner is that he believes that the 10th Planet system is the most revolutionary and effective system of grappling ever created.

Paul Schreiner (Delicious Bass) is legit. He just did the ADCC pro trials - didn't win but was had to weigh in right before his match after cutting a significant amount. Props to him for manning up even in a weakened state. Also, Brandon Quick also signed up for the trials, but he didn't show up if I recall correctly. I figured he couldn't make it, but that still blows. I was looking forward to meeting him after that thread a few weeks back.

Paul Schreiner (Delicious Bass) is legit. He just did the ADCC pro trials - didn't win but was had to weigh in right before his match after cutting a significant amount. Props to him for manning up even in a weakened state. Also, Brandon Quick also signed up for the trials, but he didn't show up if I recall correctly. I figured he couldn't make it, but that still blows. I was looking forward to meeting him after that thread a few weeks back.

You are correct. Brandon was registered, but did not come to the trials. They were calling his name, but he was not there. For some reason he was stuck in Texas.

Why is there so much BQ hate? Most people are fanatical about their system and their school, right? Personally, I liked what I saw from his DVD set.

I think everyone needs to layoff Brandon, he has the right to say and feel however he wants about his system. He wasn

We don't even know where he got this brown belt rank he claims. He is starting to stink just as bad as Ari. Odd that two instructors at 10th p schools can't simply answer a lineage question. Ari won't even talk about his JJJ black belt. They are some shady fuckers.

Back