Brandon Quick (outspoken bravo student) challenged in the UG

too much drama, too much gossip, everyone should just stick 2 doing their own BJJ unless u r directly involved or u can prove ur points. The posters that are just here either adding to the hate or refuting others with hate should stop talkign about it, tehse types of issues needs to be handled calmly

too much drama, too much gossip, everyone should just stick 2 doing their own BJJ unless u r directly involved or u can prove ur points. The posters that are just here either adding to the hate or refuting others with hate should stop talkign about it, tehse types of issues needs to be handled calmly

EB and BQ are the ones going on the net and talking about their dirty laundry.

People are just discussing the issue.

In fact, I do not hate EB an BQ.

They make money of teaching their stuff.

EB and BQ are the ones going on the net and talking about their dirty laundry.

eddie is not on the net airing out brandon's dirty laundry.

eddie has not posted anything regarding brandon quick since he went on the UG and said that he did not give brandon his (fake) brown belt.

the people who are airing out brandon's dirty laundry are people who know him personally, and they are posting his mess here:

TXMMA.com - The Home of Mixed Martial Arts in Texas Forums-viewtopic-The Truth about Brandon Quick (10th Planet JJ DFW)..........

eddie is not on the net airing out brandon's dirty laundry.

eddie has not posted anything regarding brandon quick since he went on the UG and said that he did not give brandon his (fake) brown belt.

the people who are airing out brandon's dirty laundry are people who know him personally, and they are posting his mess here:

TXMMA.com - The Home of Mixed Martial Arts in Texas Forums-viewtopic-The Truth about Brandon Quick (10th Planet JJ DFW)..........

Not sure if I used the airing someone dirty laundry correctly.

Eddie must have known that his thread would have been the catalyst of his affiliate downfall.

Know the discussion is pretty much over, but just saying this thread saved me a lot of money from potentially buying the Fade to Black dvd set.

well my only issue with all of this is the fact that I payed so much for the Fade to Black DVD. If I would have known that he in all reality wasn't one of the top students, I wouldn't have payed for it. I hear the Mastering the Twister DVD by Eddie Bravo will be coming out late 2009 & I will get that but is definitly makes you question weather or not to go through any 10th Planet Affiliates & just train with only Eddie's school. I know Submissions 101 aren't the best grapplers & that is why I don't buy their products. But even Eddie Bravo said on the DVD that Brandon Quick is one of his best students. The DVD is great but it shouldn't have been $90 since Brandon Quick isn't a lagitimate brown belt. I still believe that 10th Planet JJ is the best style to know in MMA or no gi JJ but I think I will only purchase 10th Planet products that are actually by Eddie Bravo from now on.

Lazarus.gif

;)

. I still believe that 10th Planet JJ is the best style to know in MMA or no gi JJ but I think I will only purchase 10th Planet products that are actually by Eddie Bravo from now on.

How can you make such statement about 10th JJ being the best style to know for MMA and NOGI?

How do you base your believes on? the sucess of 10th planet in MMA and NOGI competition. Or you are just been brainwashed by Joe Rogan Zealots comments?

Are you a EB disciple?:rolleyes:

well my only issue with all of this is the fact that I payed so much for the Fade to Black DVD. If I would have known that he in all reality wasn't one of the top students, I wouldn't have payed for it. I hear the Mastering the Twister DVD by Eddie Bravo will be coming out late 2009 & I will get that but is definitly makes you question weather or not to go through any 10th Planet Affiliates & just train with only Eddie's school. I know Submissions 101 aren't the best grapplers & that is why I don't buy their products. But even Eddie Bravo said on the DVD that Brandon Quick is one of his best students. The DVD is great but it shouldn't have been $90 since Brandon Quick isn't a lagitimate brown belt. I still believe that 10th Planet JJ is the best style to know in MMA or no gi JJ but I think I will only purchase 10th Planet products that are actually by Eddie Bravo from now on.

This discussion is a month old and you failed to realize it? If it's the best style then why are there no EB champs in No-gi or MMA? If you can't prove it's effectiveness then you can't prove shit.

Just wanted to quote Theadore Roosevelt:

It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

Anyone who paid 90 bucks for F2B is a sucker when you can just download it for free.

I am not saying anything either way about BQ's credentials but i will say that it is easy for someone to criticize. Also i think this "Challenge" would be a lot more credible if it were a Brown Belt challenging him.

Just wanted to quote Theadore Roosevelt:

It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

Anyone who paid 90 bucks for F2B is a sucker when you can just download it for free.

I am not saying anything either way about BQ's credentials but i will say that it is easy for someone to criticize. Also i think this "Challenge" would be a lot more credible if it were a Brown Belt challenging him.

Your right. It's easy to criticize.

It's not easy, however, to expose a fraud. That's been done here.

Hooray.

This discussion is a month old and you failed to realize it? If it's the best style then why are there no EB champs in No-gi or MMA? If you can't prove it's effectiveness then you can't prove shit.

I'm not trying to prove anything & I don't have to prove anything. 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu is what I wanna learn & that is what I'm gonna learn. If you don't agree or you don't like 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu than don't train it, go train with someone else or with a teacher that you think is better. Only little kids will argue over something like that over the internet. Also I didn't know that this discussion was a month old, I just read all of this today. Honestly weather he is a fraud or not, the product was great but with him lying about his rank, I shouldn't have had to pay $90 for the DVD. I don't purchase Submissions 101 products because I know they aren't the real deal. Honestly people should still purchase the DVD because it is a great product but keep in mind that the guy showing all the chokes isn't the high caliber Jiu Jitsu artist that you think he is. Now that the news is out, the value of the DVD dropped & that is what I feel ripped off of.

I do hear that Eddie Bravo finished the Mastering the Twister DVD & is currently negotiating a contract with Victory Belt & hopes the DVD will be released late 2009 & I will definitly be purchasing that. Eddie Bravo also said on an interview with Bas Rutten that he will probably release an Advanced Rubber Guard DVD regarding all the updates over the past 2 years.

How can you make such statement about 10th JJ being the best style to know for MMA and NOGI?

How do you base your believes on? the sucess of 10th planet in MMA and NOGI competition. Or you are just been brainwashed by Joe Rogan Zealots comments?

Are you a EB disciple?:rolleyes:

What does it matter to you what Jiu Jitsu I think is the best? I'll tell you too, If you don't like 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu or you don't think that Eddie Bravo is a good teacher, then don't learn it. Go to a teacher that you think is better or learn a style of Jiu Jitsu that you think is better. Only little kids argue over the internet.

Some would rather be suckers than be a thief.

If i wanted to donate money to 10th planet i would write a check and send it. I treat dvds the same as i do cds, if i really like someone and want to offer my financial support i will buy their product. Let the markets deal with the problem of piracy i am only a single market participant. Furthermore if the product were marketed properly it would make a profit, if i watch it and choke someone out with a slick RAT and they are like " Where did you learn that?" then they can can call it a marketing cost. :icon_chee

If i wanted to donate money to 10th planet i would write a check and send it. I treat dvds the same as i do cds, if i really like someone and want to offer my financial support i will buy their product. Let the markets deal with the problem of piracy i am only a single market participant. Furthermore if the product were marketed properly it would make a profit, if i watch it and choke someone out with a slick RAT and they are like " Where did you learn that?" then they can can call it a marketing cost. :icon_chee

The markets shouldn't deal with you. The police should, you thief.

Moral relativism is destroying mankind.

I'm not trying to prove anything & I don't have to prove anything. 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu is what I wanna learn & that is what I'm gonna learn. If you don't agree or you don't like 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu than don't train it, go train with someone else or with a teacher that you think is better. Only little kids will argue over something like that over the internet. Also I didn't know that this discussion was a month old, I just read all of this today. Honestly weather he is a fraud or not, the product was great but with him lying about his rank, I shouldn't have had to pay $90 for the DVD. I don't purchase Submissions 101 products because I know they aren't the real deal. Honestly people should still purchase the DVD because it is a great product but keep in mind that the guy showing all the chokes isn't the high caliber Jiu Jitsu artist that you think he is. Now that the news is out, the value of the DVD dropped & that is what I feel ripped off of.

I do hear that Eddie Bravo finished the Mastering the Twister DVD & is currently negotiating a contract with Victory Belt & hopes the DVD will be released late 2009 & I will definitly be purchasing that. Eddie Bravo also said on an interview with Bas Rutten that he will probably release an Advanced Rubber Guard DVD regarding all the updates over the past 2 years.

I'm not saying it's worse. I'm just saying that lot's of people who don't know shit about BJJ say it's like the best thing ever. How can you know it's the best style if you yourself ain't the best?

Back