News Bomac arrested for trying to take a gun in his hand luggage.

when you arrived to manchester?

i've only ever landed in the UK from the EU, so i'm not sure if it's different for transatlantic flights, but no one really checked anything other than my passport when leaving the airport. coming into one, and boarding a plane, that's a different story. they'll damn near strip you naked when you're going through security to enter the airport.

it makes sense that no such checks are performed when you arrive, because they're supposed to be done on the other end. if he flew in privately and carried a gun, the fuck up happened on the US security check that let him through with that shit for a flight to the UK.

True, I don't know about international private flights but we've charted private jets for domestic flights and the security is lax if you aren't carrying a lot of people. The crew can check your luggage but its not a guaranteed thing. The only time I carried firearms (shotguns for skeet) I just told them up front and secured them. Why the fuck did he feel the need to carry a personal weapon to the UK? That's wild, what did he think was going to happen at the hotel or venue?

are you in the UK?

have to go through heat sensor scanners, take everything metal off your person and put it in a box(jewellery, belts etc etc)

i nearly always get frisked because i go into heat mode walking through the scanners

You would not get searched on arrival in the UK unless they pull you aside when going through the “nothing to declare” part. In fact I’ve not once been searched on arrival anywhere in Europe.

You would not get searched on arrival in the UK unless they pull you aside when going through the “nothing to declare” part. In fact I’ve not once been searched on arrival anywhere in Europe.

yep that’s pretty much my experience. I’ve never even been searched coming back from the dam either, and I’ve been at least 15-20 times as well

the brits do not fuck around on airports, not in the slightest. you have cops walking around with assault rifles, don't know if they still have those but i saw a checkpoint with a literal machine gun in it. it looked like some shit out of a war movie, like they were expecting someone to invade them coming into the airport.

the security check is classic, metal detectors, body scanners, xraying carry on luggage, the whole nine yards. there is zero chance of smuggling a gun through. zero. but, this is on the way out. i don't know how international non EU flights are handled on the way in.
Coming into UK from Australia was surprisingly easy. Just scanned passport and said no items to declare and was on my way. No one looked at luggage at all unless it was scanned as it came of plane

Your shit gets scanned in the way in and in the way out, if you have a gun with you it's going to get flagged. It's very simple. We are talking about a metal item, any airport in the world has at least metal detectors you know.

Coming into UK from Australia was surprisingly easy. Just scanned passport and said no items to declare and was on my way. No one looked at luggage at all unless it was scanned as it came of plane

Even so you have metal detectors. Unless his gun is made of plastic.

A 1 pound metal item is going to get flagged very easily.

yep that’s pretty much my experience. I’ve never even been searched coming back from the dam either, and I’ve been at least 15-20 times as well

Maybe because you were coming back to your own country.

A citizen from another country though, coming in to the UK ? They don't usually go to a different hall even ?

The crew can check your luggage but its not a guaranteed thing. The only time I carried firearms (shotguns for skeet) I just told them up front and secured them.

Here we have it !
We don't know if Bomac told them the same, and only on the way back a different staff acted like he was doing a crime.

Your shit gets scanned in the way in and in the way out, if you have a gun with you it's going to get flagged. It's very simple. We are talking about a metal item, any airport in the world has at least metal detectors you know.
I dunno man - they scan your luggage at the airport you leave from for security reasons, having a firearm in hold luggage (the thread title is incorrect and if you read article in OP it says it was his hold luggage) wouldn't be any kind of crime in the US as far as I'm aware (maybe loaded but perhaps for some insane reason he loaded it while in the UK).

In terms of customs on entry to the UK its going to be lax as fuck, more so if you fly in private. Our border force has hardly any resources and as such customs checks are very minimal.

Its entirely possible the first time anyone from the UK side realised he had a loaded gun in his luggage was when it was scanned for security for the lfight back to the US.

I dunno man - they scan your luggage at the airport you leave from for security reasons, having a firearm in hold luggage (the thread title is incorrect and if you read article in OP it says it was his hold luggage) wouldn't be any kind of crime in the US as far as I'm aware (maybe loaded but perhaps for some insane reason he loaded it while in the UK).

In terms of customs on entry to the UK its going to be lax as fuck, more so if you fly in private. Our border force has hardly any resources and as such customs checks are very minimal.

Its entirely possible the first time anyone from the UK side realised he had a loaded gun in his luggage was when it was scanned for security for the lfight back to the US.

I just can't believe it would be that easy to enter a first world country with a firearm. Via state Airpot of all places.
What if he never returned to US ?....well, then he would be fine with his gun in anti-gun England. Very bad look.

You can't rely on what the security staff of the other country did on the landing.
It's not on their best interests to prevent anyone to commit a crime in another country (especially if it is not a crime in this countr). It should be your interest if your law says you can't carry guns around like that. We are not talking about someone swalling a drug, this is a metal firearm with bullets, GUNPOWDER, Jesus.

Maybe because you were coming back to your own country.

A citizen from another country though, coming in to the UK ? They don't usually go to a different hall even ?

on all the flights back in from Amsterdam, there is a general mix of brits, and non brits. Unsurprisingly quite a few Dutch as well. I’ve hardly seen anyone searched going through the ‘nothing to declare’ gate. I have always flown back on a Sunday so my guess is less people working so fewer people getting searched

on all the flights back in from Amsterdam, there is a general mix of brits, and non brits. Unsurprisingly quite a few Dutch as well. I’ve hardly seen anyone searched going through the ‘nothing to declare’ gate. I have always flown back on a Sunday so my guess is less people working so fewer people getting searched

If that happened, it is a HUGE fuck up that should not happen in 2023.

If that happened, it is a HUGE fuck up that should not happen in 2023.
Haha "it's 2023, this shouldn't be happening", is just another way of saying "I won't provide a solution but I will complain".

Haha "it's 2023, this shouldn't be happening", is just another way of saying "I won't provide a solution but I will complain".

The only thing between our homes...and Port Newark is a chainlink fence.
There's a nuclear bomb in a container and we're fucking dead.

Back