News Bomac arrested for trying to take a gun in his hand luggage.

he could have the certificate gold plated and on a chain around his neck, it still wouldn't change anything.

you get caught with a smith and wesson in england, you go to jail. nobody gives a fuck about what's allowed elsewhere.

He did buy this gun from a criminal in England then.

Private jets go through customs same way, no difference.

Dumbass move , 14 years seems like a lot

Dumbass move , 14 years seems like a lot

Probably won't be 14 years, looking into it a bit more around 4 years seems more likely. Probably out in 2 with good behaviour.

What do you think happened? I have no idea how your airports work over there.
the brits do not fuck around on airports, not in the slightest. you have cops walking around with assault rifles, don't know if they still have those but i saw a checkpoint with a literal machine gun in it. it looked like some shit out of a war movie, like they were expecting someone to invade them coming into the airport.

the security check is classic, metal detectors, body scanners, xraying carry on luggage, the whole nine yards. there is zero chance of smuggling a gun through. zero. but, this is on the way out. i don't know how international non EU flights are handled on the way in.

maybe he lost his certificate though while he was in manchester...LOL

HIlariously stupid thing to do - I saw Bud just posting some casual workout photos flexing yesterday so he doesen't seem to upset about it at this point.

What do you think happened? I have no idea how your airports work over there.

he must’ve bought the gun with him? That’s the only explanation I can think of. He’s not going to be able to buy a smiths and Wesson on the streets of Manchester!

he must’ve bought the gun with him? That’s the only explanation I can think of. He’s not going to be able to buy a smiths and Wesson on the streets of Manchester!
That's what I would have originally guessed. However, all these people in the thread are saying it would be impossible for him to get the gun through the airport coming in through customs...???
So a bit confused.

Probably won't be 14 years, looking into it a bit more around 4 years seems more likely. Probably out in 2 with good behaviour.

I’m not up to date with the law but I know someone that only got 2 years for possession in the uk and he had a previous firearm conviction, he was expecting 5 years. That was about 10 years ago though. I’d say he’ll get 2 years with 1 suspended

I’ve only been to Manchester for boxing and it’s a reasonably rough place. It used to have the nickname “gunchester” for a reason. I have no doubt he could have got his hands on a gun in a hour or so. There would be plenty of people within the team with contacts.

Id still bet he brought it with him though and that the security when arriving via private jet is far more lax then what you or I would imagine.

That's what I would have originally guessed. However, all these people in the thread are saying it would be impossible for him to get the gun through the airport coming in through customs...???
So a bit confused.
Does the airport check all arriving luggage through security? Thought that only happened when you’re departing, as the previous airport should have already checked. If that’s the case possible TSA fucked up and missed it when he was departing.

Does the airport check all arriving luggage through security? Thought that only happened when you’re departing, as the previous airport should have already checked. If that’s the case possible TSA fucked up and missed it when he was departing.
I have no idea. Never been to a UK airport. Just reading post from people who are pretty dam adamant that it couldn't happen.
Thought maybe it worked differently in a foreign country where guns were banned.

I have no idea. Never been to a UK airport. Just reading post from people who are pretty dam adamant that it couldn't happen.
Thought maybe it worked differently in a foreign country where guns were banned.

It can happen. People inflate the capability of their security, but when governments actually check what’s going on — pull back the curtain on these overworked airports/airport workers — they routinely find security failures. As I said, I have dealt with Border Force; they aren’t infallible, and can make mistakes like the just ok security in America.

I don’t think we’ll know which theory is correct for some time. It would be surprising, like, really stupid, if he purchased the gun somewhere in the UK and then attempted to bring it back, though.

It can happen. People inflate the capability of their security, but when governments actually check what’s going on — pull back the curtain on these overworked airports/airport workers — they routinely find security failures. As I said, I have dealt with Border Force; they aren’t infallible, and can make mistakes like the just ok security in America.

I don’t think we’ll know which theory is correct for some time. It would be surprising, like, really stupid, if he purchased the gun somewhere in the UK and then attempted to bring it back, though.
Yeah that makes more sense. Just was surprised people were claiming it was so infallible. I'm like how much different or what kind of a more fail proof process do they have over there. Like you said though same human error and lapses.

I’m not up to date with the law but I know someone that only got 2 years for possession in the uk and he had a previous firearm conviction, he was expecting 5 years. That was about 10 years ago though. I’d say he’ll get 2 years with 1 suspended

I’ve only been to Manchester for boxing and it’s a reasonably rough place. It used to have the nickname “gunchester” for a reason. I have no doubt he could have got his hands on a gun in a hour or so. There would be plenty of people within the team with contacts.

Id still bet he brought it with him though and that the security when arriving via private jet is far more lax then what you or I would imagine.

The ‘gunchester’ nickname was overblown media attention in the 90s surrounding certain gangs and areas of the city. They are not readily available to the vast majority of people and if you did get an illegal shooter on the streets, it’ll likely be a modified replica or a relic. Smith and Wessons will be rarer that rocking horse shit on the streets of the big cities in Britain

So a bit confused.

Indeed, but it is the easily the most realistic explanation. If he didn’t bring it with him then where did he get it from, and why did he need to buy it in the uk to smuggle it back to the Wild West, where he can go in to a store and buy it? No one can answer this?

Last edited:
Back