Blizzard Announces Starcraft: Remastered

This actually looks amazing, if its cheap and you can go multiplayer on battle net its gonna be pretty cool

Really enjoyed the campaign and online play with this game. I remember me and my cousin would team up against like 6 other PC players shit would get rough sometimes.

Oh I'm on board like a motherfucker.

Diablo needs the facelift more tho.

Yeah because the 1st one is outdated !

;)

I played the shit outta Starcraft growing up.

Don't get the remaster tho isnt that like saying the second one sucks so we are rereleasing the first one?

Never played the second one so wouldnt know.

Perhaps I'm ignorant but it doesn't look that different to me. It's still good news though, as far as I'm concerned Blizzard hasn't made a good game since Warcraft 3. I'd love a Warcraft 3 and Diablo 2 remake.

Wish they would do the same with the first couple of Warcraft games. It's a whole song and dance trying to run one of those on Windows 10.

Perhaps I'm ignorant but it doesn't look that different to me. It's still good news though, as far as I'm concerned Blizzard hasn't made a good game since Warcraft 3. I'd love a Warcraft 3 and Diablo 2 remake.

I'm pretty sure that it just runs at a higher resolution so everything looks a little less pixelated. I don't think it's anything at all more dramatic than that.

Perhaps I'm ignorant but it doesn't look that different to me.

That's what I thought as I watched the trailer.

If they updated the original game with SC2's graphics and gameplay, I'm on board.

But if they go back to the originals 'only allowed to select 12 units at one time...' Fuck that.

That was the #1 complaint I had with the original game, and There's no way I could go back to that.

Any word on Broodwar?

I'm playing Diablo II right now.
Playing online or solo? What are you building? I would play the shit out of a D2 remake. My two favorite builds were a full Tals fire Sorc, and a full blown Auradin. The Auradin was crazy expensive, but shit just died while I ran around.

Started playing competitively in the 5th grade. Before I knew it I was playing elite S. Koreans. Got so fucking sucked in SC. Was the start of my gaming life.

Having a 2nd look, it doesnt look that much better.

Not liking the 12 selections either.

Damn. Guess ill stick to the original.

It looks like a poor effort cash grab.

Very poor.

I understand nostalgia, but people have a habit of remembering old school games being better than they actually were in comparison to modern games.

I'm guilty of this, when I recently played Star Wars Jedi Academy.

Those that played SC1 back in the day, then quit, and years later played SC2, and are thinking the SC2 upgrades in gameplay were minimal are going to have a rude awakening when they play the Remastered SC1.

It wouldn't have taken very much additional development to remake SC1 with the graphics and gameplay of SC2.

I don't give a shit, I can still play StarCraft on my current computer and have. What I want is to be able to play Diablo 1 again. They dont even sell it. I tried burning a copy from a torrent but it crashes on my computer.

i'm sort of torn.

on one hand, it looks like a good idea (if not many years too late) and a 'remaster' done right.

on the other, i vowed to never give blizzard one cent after d3 and this will probably also be another online-only pain the ass to get around piracy... so i'll probably never play it.

Back