Blizzard Announces Starcraft: Remastered

I guess it's cool for those who don't have Starcraft3.

p.s. - New Diablo3 season starts tomorrow, some nice new changes they added. I'll be playing like crazy till i get bored in a month. :)

I'm playing Diablo II right now.

One of may favorite games of all times...but I just could not do a remaster. I played for so so long, had every type of build you could think of and had most of them at level 100 or close to. I even had pack mule characters and had collected every Unique.

name 1 aspect, technology improvements aside (ie: graphics)

edit: although, ironically... for the time, the graphics of sc2 were/are quite subpar, anyway.

The gameplay.

-Literally no one has ever said 'I hate this, I should only be allowed to select 12 units.'
-Double-clicking one unit makes all units on that type selected.
-The view spectrum had been expanded from SC1's day, with widescreen support.

Aug.... I could make a list 50 points long at this rate... let me get to the meat of this.

-The Maps/Campaign/Levels. No one has ever said 'SC1's campaign was so much better than SC2's. Period. In fact, Wings Of Liberty is still considered by many to be the best damn RAT campaign ever. And that's due to the maps, and unique gameplay mission twists that each level has to keep things fun.

And if you're insulting the graphics, your rig sucks. Try playing it at full 1920×1080 resolution, details on Ultra, and rocking it at 60 FPS. You're complaining about SC2's graphics while not complaining about SC1 Remastered graphics? Get the fuck out of here.

The gameplay.

-Literally no one has ever said 'I hate this, I should only be allowed to select 12 units.'

already retorted on page 2. try to keep up?

-Double-clicking one unit makes all units on that type selected.

you mean... JUST LIKE IT DID IN SC1? good job!

-The view spectrum had been expanded from SC1's day, with widescreen support.

*facepalm* ie: hardware improvement? wow. it's as if tech is constantly improving! i guess every game is better now because we have 4k. *facepalm* it's as if i already mentioned tech improvements aside, or something. oh, wait. i did. and you even quoted it. and then typed up all this dumb shit, anyway.

Aug.... I could make a list 50 points long at this rate... let me get to the meat of this.

-The Maps/Campaign/Levels. No one has ever said 'SC1's campaign was so much better than SC2's. Period. In fact, Wings Of Liberty is still considered by many to be the best damn RAT campaign ever. And that's due to the maps, and unique gameplay mission twists that each level has to keep things fun.

you can't be serious.

1. another retard who thinks the campaign is "the meat of this."

cool. n00b detected. no wonder you think sc2 is better. you probably think candy crush is a great game.

2. "considered by many" - wow, i'm sold! so much for facts, evidence, and objectivity! rando says that many consider something!!! it's an argument, right?

3. ironically... the maps kind of sucked in sc2. especially in contrast to the original, which had bajillions of custom maps and new/good ones popping up all the time. did sc2 even have custom maps? real question, because i don't even know. because if they existed, no one seemed to notice during the 1 week i played that POS.

And if you're insulting the graphics, your rig sucks. Try playing it at full 1920×1080 resolution, details on Ultra, and rocking it at 60 FPS.

yeah, i did. the graphics SUCKED. it's as i mentioned how full of pastels it was, or something. it's as if i mentioned it being all shitty cartoonish, or something. wtf. i mention graphics and you bring up frame rate.

you SUCK at this. you can't even retort one thing, apparently.

You're complaining about SC2's graphics while not complaining about SC1 Remastered graphics? Get the fuck out of here.

...umm... what? why would i complain about a 20 year old game not looking like an actual current game? you're fucking brilliant!

tl;dr - not one actual point. terribad.

already retorted on page 2. try to keep up?

you mean... JUST LIKE IT DID IN SC1? good job!

*facepalm* ie: hardware improvement? wow. it's as if tech is constantly improving! i guess every game is better now because we have 4k. *facepalm* it's as if i already mentioned tech improvements aside, or something. oh, wait. i did. and you even quoted it. and then typed up all this dumb shit, anyway.

you can't be serious.

1. another retard who thinks the campaign is "the meat of this."

cool. n00b detected. no wonder you think sc2 is better. you probably think candy crush is a great game.

2. "considered by many" - wow, i'm sold! so much for facts, evidence, and objectivity! rando says that many consider something!!! it's an argument, right?

3. ironically... the maps kind of sucked in sc2. especially in contrast to the original, which had bajillions of custom maps and new/good ones popping up all the time. did sc2 even have custom maps? real question, because i don't even know. because if they existed, no one seemed to notice during the 1 week i played that POS.

yeah, i did. the graphics SUCKED. it's as i mentioned how full of pastels it was, or something. it's as if i mentioned it being all shitty cartoonish, or something. wtf. i mention graphics and you bring up frame rate.

you SUCK at this. you can't even retort one thing, apparently.

...umm... what? why would i complain about a 20 year old game not looking like an actual current game? you're fucking brilliant!

tl;dr - not one actual point. terribad.

This entire post was written by...

babd-baby-names-crying-baby-e1333102292894.jpg

You're clearly not mature or intelligent enough to hold a conversation with. Can't hold your belligerent opinions to yourself while others are stating opposing opinions to your own.

You're in the extreme minority, which is obvious from the over 10 million units SC2 has moved across the three campaigns over the last 7 years.

i think they pitched this the wrong way, its graphics remastered but people somehow expect a different game, when a different starcraft game already exists its called starcraft 2

This entire post was written by...

babd-baby-names-crying-baby-e1333102292894.jpg

You're clearly not mature or intelligent enough to hold a conversation with. Can't hold your belligerent opinions to yourself while others are stating opposing opinions to your own.

You're in the extreme minority, which is obvious from the over 10 million units SC2 has moved across the three campaigns over the last 7 years.

lolz. nothing but ad-hom and a weird goalpost shift.

pretty much exactly as expected. i like how you think selling 10m units means it's good - diablow 3 must be one of the best games ever, then! (it sucked even worse than sc2).

as for the red, holy hypocrisy. you lost, get over it. also, you gave the impression that you never actuallllllly played either sc (multiplayer, where the real game was).

lolz. nothing but ad-hom and a weird goalpost shift.

pretty much exactly as expected. i like how you think selling 10m units means it's good - diablow 3 must be one of the best games ever, then! (it sucked even worse than sc2).

as for the red, holy hypocrisy. you lost, get over it. also, you gave the impression that you never actuallllllly played either sc (multiplayer, where the real game was).

This is the nerd equivalent of an argument with a Flat-Earther. Every single point refuted, with no common agreement, because the flat-earther has no basis of reality.

And you didn't bring up multiplayer, which no one but you and other hipster purists have had a problem with since every problem was patched years ago.

Can't get out of Bronze League? That's your problem, noob.

And you didn't bring up multiplayer

wow. just... WOW. you n00bs are seriously posting about the freakin' campaign as if it's all the game is. unbelievable. what did you think i was referring to, this whole time? i only mocked the campaign and you guys calling it 'the meat of this' repeatedly. gee, could it be multiplayer?

also, yes, i DID bring up multiplayer. almost immediately.

wow. where to begin...

1. lolwut? who plays multiplayer rts games for the campaign? seriously? SERIOUSLY?

which no one but you and other hipster purists have had a problem with since every problem was patched years ago.

you mean years after every real player quit? how many years did it take to "fix" that trash? and what, was i expected to play that awful crap for years so that i could be happier when it was "fixed?"

clowned. all you have is an inept listing of cliche insults.

wow. just... WOW. you n00bs are seriously posting about the freakin' campaign as if it's all the game is. unbelievable. what did you think i was referring to, this whole time? i only mocked the campaign and you guys calling it 'the meat of this' repeatedly. gee, could it be multiplayer?

all you have is an inept listing of cliche insults.

you mean years after every real player quit? how many years did it take to "fix" that trash? and what, was i expected to play that awful crap for years so that i could be happier when it was "fixed?"

clowned.

You sound like the type that was pretty decent at SC1, then upgraded to SC2 and got dominated repeatedly, ragequitted, and uninstalled the game.

:p

I'd bet money that's the truth.

"you mean years after every real player quit?"

Lol... pure delusion.

What a odd thread to turn into a dumpster fire.
Upon hearing about this my thought was 'neat, I hope they do this for more classics so people that enjoyed those games can have fun' and moved on.

You sound like the type that was pretty decent at SC1, then upgraded to SC2 and got dominated repeatedly, ragequitted, and uninstalled the game.

:p

I'd bet money that's the truth.

Lol... pure delusion.

more strawman. i see you realized you had no argument, at all, so you just stopped even pretending to try.

can't make objective arguments? just make up fiction and then run with it. and keep running with it...

Lol... pure delusion.

when hypocrisy and irony meet.

What a odd thread to turn into a dumpster fire.
Upon hearing about this my thought was 'neat, I hope they do this for more classics so people that enjoyed those games can have fun' and moved on.

Yeah. When I made this thread I was not expecting it to fall apart so badly.

<Fedor23>

To the people unhappy that they're not changing the game enough, this isn't for us. It's for the Koreans. They even made the announcement in Korea, with four of the great legends of Broodwar on stage. They want the exact same game, that runs at modern resolutions on modern PCs, with a modern matchmaking system.

The 12 unit groups thing is part of what they want, they want the 'hardest competitive game ever made™'. Also the only way the game is balanced is with all the limitations like that, they would have to completely rebalance the game or Zerg would be insanely OP.

This is a remake for the purists, they're even leaving in the derpy pathfinding. I think there's one gameplay bug they're removing, all the others are now considered 'features' and the fans would be pissed if they were removed.
Hmm
That's a very interesting point. It has to be for the Koreans--the competition players. Kind of explains a lot, actually.

Bah, SC was OK for it's time. I never understood how it was so popular, in my opinion it is terribly overrated.

more strawman. i see you realized you had no argument, at all, so you just stopped even pretending to try.

can't make objective arguments? just make up fiction and then run with it. and keep running with it...

when hypocrisy and irony meet.

In all of your whining in this thread, you've never said a single statement as to why SC1 is better. You've just slapped down the dozens of reasons why SC2 isn't better with dismissive statements, and then you move the goal posts by saying 'You didn't even mention multiplayer!'

So, go ahead, the ball is in your court, state why SC1 is unequivocally better than SC2.

In all of your whining in this thread, you've never said a single statement as to why SC1 is better. You've just slapped down the dozens of reasons why SC2 isn't better with dismissive statements, and then you move the goal posts by saying 'You didn't even mention multiplayer!'

So, go ahead, the ball is in your court, state why SC1 is unequivocally better than SC2.

lying hypocrite:

i immediately DID mention multiplayer. and i even quoted the FIRST time (of many) that i did so, in the last post. i can't help but notice that you evaded that. again. just like you've evaded literally every point i made in this thread. fact: you have not argued about one point i made, this entire time. disagree? prove it - show ONE thing you didn't evade. you won't. because you can't.

stating reasons why sc2 is worse isn't moving any goalpost, it's exactly why it's worse than sc1. but i guess you're just not smart enough to figure out that the same reasons why sc2 is worse than sc1 also make the argument that sc1 is better. because mutually exclusive. derp. it's as if it's the same argument, or something.

for added hypocrisy - you stated that "SC2 is better in every aspect" - and failed to mention a single aspect that wasn't based on having better hardware. not one. you ran the fuck away from your own claim, just as you ran from my points. at least you're consistently kalib.

it's funny that you conceded sc2 was broken (needing a patch to correct "every problem") - yet somehow, insist it was a better game.

Last edited:
Back