Blizzard Announces Starcraft: Remastered

lying hypocrite:

i immediately DID mention multiplayer. and i even quoted the FIRST time (of many) that i did so, in the last post. i can't help but notice that you evaded that. again. just like you've evaded literally every point i made in this thread. fact: you have not argued about one point i made, this entire time. disagree? prove it - show ONE thing you didn't evade. you won't. because you can't.

stating reasons why sc2 is worse isn't moving any goalpost, it's exactly why it's worse than sc1. but i guess you're just not smart enough to figure out that the same reasons why sc2 is worse than sc1 also make the argument that sc1 is better. because mutually exclusive. derp. it's as if it's the same argument, or something.

for added hypocrisy - you stated that "SC2 is better in every aspect" - and failed to mention a single aspect that wasn't based on having better hardware. not one. you ran the fuck away from your own claim, just as you ran from my points. at least you're consistently kalib.

it's funny that you conceded sc2 was broken (needing a patch to correct "every problem") - yet somehow, insist it was a better game.

You've never mentioned anything about Multiplayer, just stated Multiplayer. Care to go into anything more specific?

And one of the reasons why it's been so awesome is because it's updated on a regular basis so that all three races are evenly matched. And yeah, with the new units being added after each expansion, it needs to be updated.

That's why it, and Counterstrike, are the most popular free multiplayer games on the web.

But here you are, insisting the 19 year old game is the clear winner between the two. You've never made an argument as to why selecting 12 units at a time is better than selecting all of them. That's how weak your argument is, you're constantly going on the attack and slapping down claims as if I have to make you concede Sc2 is better, and if you don't concede, you win.

You lost when SC2 was released 7 years ago. Sorry to break it to you bro. Sorry that you couldn't hang in the SC2 league you were assigned (Bronze, I assume), and so you crawled back to SC1.

You're a part of a small minority, who like being assfucked by nostalgia.

You've never mentioned anything about Multiplayer, just stated Multiplayer. Care to go into anything more specific?

READ page 2.

wow. where to begin...

1. lolwut? who plays multiplayer rts games for the campaign? seriously? SERIOUSLY? your opinion is already self-trashed.
2. (campaign-wise, since that's your inexplicable focus) i only played the first one (wings of liberty). it sucked. and it was short. it seemed to be about 1/3 the length of starcraft 1 - for the same price. additionally, the plot was garbage and the gameplay was dumbed down massively. i think a monkey could have beaten it with ease. there was no way i was going to fork over more money for the next 2 parts.

the campaigns of sc1 (and brood war) provided WAY more content. and it was more challenging. and it actually had a plot, too.

as for the multiplayer, it was trash. more imbalanced than pre-patch sc1, with cartoony graphics that seemed to need to hit a pastel quota. and they limited the hell out of the available units for no apparent reason, which only made the campaign (with way more unit types) even more insulting. it's shit. brood war > sc2. vanilla sc1 > sc2.

and it's funny to see so many posts bitching about a limit of 12 for selecting. as if it's so difficult to select 12 and hit ctrl+1, then another 12 and ctrl+2. or just select and send..

(snip)
3. ironically... the maps kind of sucked in sc2. especially in contrast to the original, which had bajillions of custom maps and new/good ones popping up all the time. did sc2 even have custom maps? real question, because i don't even know. because if they existed, no one seemed to notice during the 1 week i played that POS.

i noticed you STILL evaded all of it. again.
m79w1De.gif

and for added irony, your goalpost shift was units sold. sc1 sold more, anyway. so if one (*cough, you, cough*) foolishly thinks that sales is what determines a better game...

kind of like how you mentioned 'everyone thinks so except hipsters' - which is ALSO stupid and fallacious. but even using your own bad criteria, sc1 has a better rating, anyway. it's sad when you completely change the criteria (from how good a game is to how many it sold to what most think of it) - and IT STILL FAILS, ANYWAY. even your cherrypicked goalposts don't support your claim. it's embarrassing.

But here you are, insisting the 19 year old game is the clear winner between the two. You've never made an argument as to why selecting 12 units at a time is better than selecting all of them. That's how weak your argument is, you're constantly going on the attack and slapping down claims as if I have to make you concede Sc2 is better, and if you don't concede, you win.

jesus. there's strawman, and then there's this.

1. that's not my argument. funny how you make up fiction and tell me it's what my argument is... while you run from my actual argument. for 2 pages now.
2. even IF that actually was my argument - it's STILL more than anything you provided, anyway. you even lose to your own strawman! hahahahaha.

Last edited:
Perhaps I'm ignorant but it doesn't look that different to me. It's still good news though, as far as I'm concerned Blizzard hasn't made a good game since Warcraft 3. I'd love a Warcraft 3 and Diablo 2 remake.

Overwatch is a very good shooter.

Bah, SC was OK for it's time. I never understood how it was so popular, in my opinion it is terribly overrated.

it is VERY overrated there are way better RTS's its just that people get angry because it doesnt play like SC. i don't know, it looks exactly the same it dosnt look like anything special, its a cash grab
and sadly dumb dumbs will buy it.

TY for this will pick this up havent touched a RTS in about 5 years. Last RTS was a fun weekend of Starcraft 1 LAN games with a group of friends and family.

Same. I was pissed about SC2 not having LAN support.

it is VERY overrated there are way better RTS's its just that people get angry because it doesnt play like SC. i don't know, it looks exactly the same it dosnt look like anything special, its a cash grab
and sadly dumb dumbs will buy it.

cash grabs are kind of blizzard's thing, though. sc2 and each stupid campaign costing $, the atrocity that was diablow 3 (and the fraudulent promo video with literally zero gameplay in it), now with charging money just for a freakin' necro (hahaha), wow and the subscription and the 25353 DLCs... is normal.

"gameplay trailer" - 20 minutes of zero actual gameplay, including events that are keyed in (ie: were literally never gameplay). fraud out the ass.

Surprised that no one made a thread about this already. I don't know, maybe no one gives a shit about this anymore. Not sure I'll get this or not, but it's sort of intriguing. Would love to see a Diablo 1/2 remastered.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2017/03/26/starcraft-remastered-announced-coming-this-summer

Damn, I have the best memories playing Starcraft :(

I don't give a shit, I can still play StarCraft on my current computer and have. What I want is to be able to play Diablo 1 again. They dont even sell it. I tried burning a copy from a torrent but it crashes on my computer.

I have a copy of Diablo saved on my computer!

I don't give a shit, I can still play StarCraft on my current computer and have. What I want is to be able to play Diablo 1 again. They dont even sell it. I tried burning a copy from a torrent but it crashes on my computer.
I assume you have to run it through dosbox?

Why would he run Diablo 1 through dosbox? It was never a dos game, you needed Windows 95 to play it.
I think games on windows 95 still ran through dos when you started it

Looks ok. I am going to get to replay the story. I love the stories of all the major blizz RTS games. (WOW fucking gay tho)

I don't see why anyone would play the online versus of this tho. Warcraft3 (minus the heroes) greatly improved on the game play in terms of rallying units, command groups, hotkeying buildings, etc. Starcraft 2 only improved upon that. Who cares if 3D gfx.

War3 was a bit too cartooney with their 3rd gfx, but starcraft2 was perfect and the best RTS ever.

First live play of Starcraft Remastered, they've got the old legends like Boxer, Yellow, Flash and JaeDong here to play it.

I bit the bullet and forked over $14.99. I love these games so i thought it wasnt a bad move. So how is it?

The cut scenes are untouched. I suppose this is for nostalgia sakes, but god dammit, why not upgrade these?

No! No! They did NOT fix the selection. Its still fucking 9. Ugh, i had to babysit group after group again.

Dialogue in mission briefing is enhanced and the grimey HUD of the characters are much improved, but the lips dont match up with the speech . Fuck man, this was hard to sync?

The SVC is now a black guy. hahah

Same shit with your troops getting stuck amd going off on their own when commanding them through a bottle neck (ramps, stairs, congested areas, etc)

Units move a tad choppy, exactly like the orginal. Not improved.

Looks better tho.

So..i dont know. $15 isnt much but they really didnt work out the operational flaws. I have a TrueBias to this game, but id say a definitive purchase if it simply ran like SC 2.

Back