Economy Blackrock laying off employees from ESG division while abandoning ESG/DEI narrative's amid $4 Billion Losses

Scerpi

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Flashback Video - Larry Fink - CEO of Blackrock - Explaining how Blackrock uses its massive financial influence to "Force Behaviors" (for ESG/DEI) from Corporations

Investments in trendy 'ESG' assets collapsed by $5 trillion in just two years,​

Global investments in trendy sustainability assets shrank by nearly $5 trillion over two years, researchers say, as US and other financiers soured on investments seen as risky and opaque.

In its biannual assessment, the Global Sustainable Investment Alliance (GSIA) said on Wednesday that investors had $30.3 trillion in sustainable assets in 2022, down from $35.3 trillion in 2020.

In the US, where Republicans have railed against ESG funds, which push for environmental, social, and governance benefits, such assets plunged from more than $17 trillion to just $8.4 trillion over the same period.

Not terribly shocking... As using ESG as a base of investment strategy is complete retarded.

The latest Prime example is Boeing's ongoing saga. Boeing's 737 Max has turned into a giant clusterfuck of multiple issues. Maybe its coincidence?

Boeing's ongoing 737 MAX crisis​

CTOBER 2018: A Lion Air MAX plane crashes in Indonesia, killing all 189 people on board.

NOVEMBER 2018: The FAA and Boeing say they are evaluating the need for software or design changes to 737 MAX jets following the Lion Air crash.

MARCH 2019: An Ethiopian Airlines MAX crashes, killing all 157 people on board. China's aviation regulator becomes the first in the world to ground the MAX, followed by others including the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration.

APRIL 2019: The FAA forms an international team to review the safety of the 737 MAX. Boeing cuts monthly production by nearly 20%.

JULY 2019: Boeing posts its largest-ever quarterly loss.

SEPTEMBER 2019: Boeing's board of directors creates a permanent safety committee to oversee development, manufacturing and operation of its aircraft.

OCTOBER 2019: Boeing fires Kevin McAllister, the top executive of its commercial airplanes division.

DECEMBER 2020: The company fires CEO Dennis Muilenburg in the wake of the twin crashes.

JANUARY 2020: Boeing suspends 737 production, its biggest assembly-line halt in more than 20 years.

MAY 2020: Boeing resumes 737 MAX production at a "low rate."

JUNE 2020: Boeing begins a series of long-delayed flight tests of its redesigned 737 MAX with regulators at the controls.

SEPTEMBER 2020: An 18-month investigation by a U.S. House of Representatives panel finds Boeing failed in its design and development of the MAX as well as its transparency with the FAA, and that the FAA failed in oversight and certification.

NOVEMBER 2020: The U.S. FAA lifts the grounding order, allowing the 737 MAX to fly again.

DECEMBER 2020: Congress passes legislation to reform how the FAA certifies new airplanes, including requiring manufacturers to disclose certain safety-critical information to the FAA.

JANUARY 2021: The European Union Aviation Safety Agency approves the MAX's return to service in Europe.

MARCH 2021: China's aviation regulator says major safety concerns with the MAX needed to be "properly addressed" before conducting flight tests.

APRIL 2021: Boeing halts 737 MAX deliveries after electrical problems re-ground part of the fleet.

NOVEMBER 2021: Current and former Boeing company directors reach a $237.5 million settlement with shareholders to settle lawsuits over safety oversight of the 737 MAX.

OCTOBER 2022: The FAA tells Boeing that some key documents submitted as part of the certification review of the 737 MAX 7 are incomplete and others need a reassessment.

DECEMBER 2022: Congress agrees to extend a deadline for new standards for modern cockpit alerts stemming from the 2020 legislation after intense lobbying from Boeing.

APRIL 2023: Boeing pauses deliveries of some 737 MAXs to deal with a new supplier quality problem involving noncompliant fittings.

JULY 2023: Boeing's first delivery of the 737 MAX 7 is delayed to 2024.

AUGUST 2023: Boeing identifies a new 737 MAX supplier quality problem involving improperly drilled holes on the aft pressure bulkhead.

SEPTEMBER 2023: Boeing 737 MAX deliveries fall to their lowest levels since August 2021.

DECEMBER 2023: Boeing makes its first direct delivery of a 787 Dreamliner to China since 2019, seen as a precursor to China potentially unfreezing deliveries of the 737 MAX.

JANUARY 2024: An Alaskan Air flight is forced to conduct an emergency landing after a cabin panel blowout on a brand-new 737 MAX 9 plane. The U.S. FAA grounds certain 737 MAX 9 aircraft for safety checks.

But hey... Boeing's focus on DEI is completely on point.

GDI9wR2bkAE5GLv

Why does the mere existence of people with skin that is a different color from your own, upset you that much? It's so, so, so fucking weird man.
Because not hiring the best people for jobs based on achievements and aptitude results in worse outcomes and is inherently anti-American, racist and sexist. And this is not limited to race, DEI often includes sex, gender identification, disabilities, etc.

I don't care if my surgeon is a black transgender. I do care if they only got there because of their race and gender identity, and I could die because they are less qualified than another surgeon who isn't there because they aren't a protected class.

And we constantly hear people saying there are "too many white men" in many different industries. I would think that hearing that as a white man would be annoying, given that white men also need to be able to purchase food and pay rent.

Because not hiring the best people for jobs based on achievements and aptitude results in worse outcomes and is inherently anti-American, racist and sexist. And this is not limited to race, DEI often includes sex, gender identification, disabilities, etc.

I don't care if my surgeon is a black transgender. I do care if they only got there because of their race and gender identity, and I could die because they are less qualified than another surgeon who isn't there because they aren't a protected class.

And we constantly hear people saying there are "too many white men" in many different industries. I would think that hearing that as a white man would be annoying, given that white men also need to be able to purchase food and pay rent.
I think the multinational corporation with countless billions at its disposal and entire buildings full of analysts and researchers, probably know more about what's going to make the most money, than you do.

Are you making the claim that the best people were always hired for the job prior to dei policies? Cause you living in la la land.

Also is op claiming dei hires are responsible for the Boeing debacle because that's some retarded racist shit.

I think DEI policies are generally stupid and counter productive but they do not cause planes to fall out of the sky you muppets

This has more to do with black and brown people siding with Palestinians than anything else

Don't these motherfuckers know who run these companies?

Why does the mere existence of people with skin that is a different color from your own, upset you that much? It's so, so, so fucking weird man.

Because gender or skin color shouldn't be a basis of hiring a candidates. Especially in critical industries where human safety is dependent on employees.

lol...

ESG and DIE programs are trash, but without proof, we shouldn't be attributing a defective plane with some sort of bad diversity hire.
It’s more from an executive who joined Boeing after being absorbed, making his way back up the ladder and implementing shit safety standards to increase profits.

This has more to do with black and brown people siding with Palestinians than anything else

Don't these motherfuckers know who run these companies?
Who runs these companies?

I think the multinational corporation with countless billions at its disposal and entire buildings full of analysts and researchers, probably know more about what's going to make the most money, than you do.

You think the clowns who run the DEI divisions of these large corporations know what they're doing? Using gender and racial quotas to determine hiring practices.

Equity is a garbage concept. Just means you're holding back the top performers.

Equality of Opportunity should be the only goal that matters.

Yes.. If a company is deliberately by-passing a superior candidate because of the color of their skin or gender, then sue the shit out of them.

I don't think it can be attributed to the 737 issues but not hiring the best person for the job, especially when safety is a key issue, is malpractice. Safety and profits don't go hand in hand.

ESG should be implemented in public education, giving children equal access to get them on the right path early on. Implementing it in the workforce is just flat out racism.

Who runs these companies?

You familar with the saying that Jewish people run Hollywood? Well, they don't just run Hollywood. They run some of the biggest corporations in the world. They've also had a ton of supreme court justices, run academia, among other things

Back