Economy Japan's Nippon Steel to acquire U.S. Steel for $14.9 billion

There should really be stronger restrictions on foreign countries buying American land and companies

It'll likely be an improvement to be honest, I used to work for a North American auto parts supplier which was bought out by Toyota and pretty much everything improved under the new owners. Toyota sent a team over for a few months to reorganize our processes, modernize our equipment, and train our workers, once everything was in place our productivity went up and quality was massively improved. Worker pay, hours, and work conditions all got better too.

Our union was not happy though since they couldn't make any more bullshit grievances to justify their existence.

- Dude. How did you make gifs work?
I think you're really a Snes console after all. The most important human invention in history.

gifs from this site work for some reason

Would you still say the same if a Chinese company bought it?
To take issue with this is to take issue with capitalism. Private ownership of capital is the distinguishing feature of capitalism. That private ownership can do what it wants with its capital. Capital doesn't give a fuck about borders or national allegiances. Those considerations get in the way of profits.

It'll likely be an improvement to be honest, I used to work for a North American auto parts supplier which was bought out by Toyota and pretty much everything improved under the new owners. Toyota sent a team over for a few months to reorganize our processes, modernize our equipment, and train our workers, once everything was in place our productivity went up and quality was massively improved. Worker pay, hours, and work conditions all got better too.

Our union was not happy though since they couldn't make any more bullshit grievances to justify their existence.
Were you played by Michael Keaton in the movie?

dc42be63-b013-429d-8b88-24711421afed_text.gif

But at least it wasn't sold to the Chy Neez.​

Good point. No, I wouldn't like it - because of the way the CCP operates and how their government has ultimate control over their companies. I think Tik Tok should be banned because of the shady shit they do operating in the US.

But Japan is a democracy and our ally. It's like getting mad about Sony having a movie studio in the US and making Hollywood movies. Or mad that Toyota sells a lot of cars in the US. They're as much an American company as Japanese at this point.
Unironically this is Bidenomics in action and its good akshually.

Back