Economy Blackrock laying off employees from ESG division while abandoning ESG/DEI narrative's amid $4 Billion Losses

Their position is much worse than what you’re describing. They are essentially saying that qualified people in minority demographics do not exist.
Nope, YOU are saying that. Everybody else is saying that "minority demographics" can apply for jobs like everybody else without requiring preferential treatment or lower standards, while you think they'd never qualify if they didn't hire based on skin color.

Nope, YOU are saying that. Everybody else is saying that "minority demographics" can apply for jobs like everybody else without requiring preferential treatment or lower standards, while you think they'd never qualify if they didn't hire based on skin color.

There are multiple posts in this thread blaming quality issues on DEI hires. They offer no proof or evidence but still blame it on it.

Why does the mere existence of people with skin that is a different color from your own, upset you that much? It's so, so, so fucking weird man.
They don't force DEI to make wealth, they have wealth so they force DEI.

This is Larry Fink literally saying that he is forcing companies to implement DEI or Blackrock would not invest in them:

This is billionaires literally controlling companies, the thing that I thought most people would be against.

There are multiple posts in this thread blaming quality issues on DEI hires. They offer no proof or evidence but still blame it on it.
Here's a hypothetical thought experiment for you: if there was some initiative that said 25% of a doctor's office has to be at least 7 feet tall, would you think that would impact the quality of care you received?

This is billionaires literally controlling companies, the thing that I thought most people would be against.
Most people would be against billionaires controlling companies? What? That is the one thing that billionaires do.

Most people would/should be against billionaires controlling government.

In my economic model, which is democratic, workers would be free to vote down DEI measures for their workplace.

In your preferred economic model (and the pre-dominant model of the planet), which is authoritarian, the ownership class is free to impose almost anything that they see fit from the top down.

Are you now against capital owners doing what they wish with their capital?

And they are correct. Do you at least agree that more qualified people do a better job than less qualified people? Let's at least start there. The racial or sexual makeup of your workforce isn't something you decide before you've even hired people unless you intend to cram in less qualified people. Maybe company A does manufacturing in Atlanta and has 30% black people and 10% women, and company B are wedding planners in Iowa and has 4% black people and 75% women. Instead, for some bizarre reason, both companies have to have 25% black people and 45% regardless of who's even in the industry.

As an example, graduate engineers are like 3.5% black, 9% hispanic, and around 20% are women, so what the hell sense does it make to decide beforehand that your company has to "reflect the demographics of the country"? Not the demographics of people in that industry, or even the demographics of whatever city the job is in, the demographics of the entire country that has nothing to do with what or where the job is. Yeah, you are necessarily hiring underqualified people because you decided beforehand that every company has to have the same numbers in order for Larry Fink to throw other people's money at your company.

And they are correct. Do you at least agree that more qualified people do a better job than less qualified people? Let's at least start there. The racial or sexual makeup of your workforce isn't something you decide before you've even hired people unless you intend to cram in less qualified people. Maybe company A does manufacturing in Atlanta and has 30% black people and 10% women, and company B are wedding planners in Iowa and has 4% black people and 75% women. Instead, for some bizarre reason, both companies have to have 25% black people and 45% regardless of who's even in the industry.

As an example, graduate engineers are like 3.5% black, 9% hispanic, and around 20% are women, so what the hell sense does it make to decide beforehand that your company has to "reflect the demographics of the country"? Not the demographics of people in that industry, or even the demographics of whatever city the job is in, the demographics of the entire country that has nothing to do with what or where the job is. Yeah, you are necessarily hiring underqualified people because you decided beforehand that every company has to have the same numbers in order for Larry Fink to throw other people's money at your company.

Youre admitting you automatically think they are unqualified without any evidence. All you did was expose yourself and prove my point for me.

Most people would be against billionaires controlling companies? What? That is the one thing that billionaires do.

Most people would/should be against billionaires controlling government.

In my economic model, which is democratic, workers would be free to vote down DEI measures for their workplace.

In your preferred economic model (and the pre-dominant model of the planet), which is authoritarian, the ownership class is free to impose almost anything that they see fit from the top down.

Are you now against capital owners doing what they wish with their capital?
No, but most people think that a cabal of billionaires shouldn't be controlling companies via threats from a global mega-investment company that is bigger than most governments, which also happens to be too big to fail and closely intertwined with our actual government and monetary supply (they advise and actively work with the Federal Reserve). Also, there is the concept of corporate fiduciary responsibility, where it is the duty of a company to act in the best interests of their stakeholders and not to push their own agenda at the expense of stakeholders.

Go easy on DEI hires, that lady in that brochure looks like she can fasten 8 bolts an hr.

Youre admitting you automatically think they are unqualified without any evidence. All you did was expose yourself and prove my point for me.
<Kpop01>

What the hell did you think the point of hiring based on skin color was? If a demographic group weren't under qualified, then they wouldn't have to mandate hiring a set number, they'd just hire them based on qualifications.

Here's a hypothetical thought experiment for you: if there was some initiative that said 25% of a doctor's office has to be at least 7 feet tall, would you think that would impact the quality of care you received?

Or unqualified pilots? United coming out claiming 50% DEI for their pilots... seriously. Wft

If anyone has been paying attention, there's been massive pilot shortages after the Airline imposed vaccine mandates ahead of Biden's OSHA mandate. Even though the Supreme Court shut down Biden's overreach, many Airlines kept the mandates in place.

Also, many experienced pilots accepted the nice early retirement packages being offered instead of being paid to not work during the shutdowns or take the mandated vaccines.

Fuck up #2 by the airlines.

The result, mass flight cancellations due to lack of staff. Especially when Pilots hit their max hours for the month (100 hours). Pro-tip, avoid scheduling a flight at the end of the month if possible.

Now... I totally get this. Offer education/training scholarships to lower income schools. Actively recruit early... don't force DEI hires. Enable them by providing the opportunities and letting them grab the wheel... literally. Like many fields, you can't coach or teach passion for a career field. But many kids might love flying, but have zero idea how to make that career field.

As long as there's equal opportunity for every young adult, I believe that's the best you can do and get the best results. The ones who are interested and motivated will do the rest if there's a route shown to them.

But mandating DEI goals is garbage. Why exclude motivated and qualified candidates because of gender or race? It's still racism, like it or not.

Kamala Harris should always be held up as the prime example of what can happen when DEI is the end goal Vs equality of opportunity.

Or unqualified pilots? United coming out claiming 50% DEI for their pilots... seriously. Wft
This shit has also hit the medical industry. Already been a few whistle blowers over here, sounding the alarm. If you thought their malpractice/death by error statistics were scary before...

They don't force DEI to make wealth, they have wealth so they force DEI.

This is Larry Fink literally saying that he is forcing companies to implement DEI or Blackrock would not invest in them:

It's billionaires essentially becoming governments. These billionaires are saying stuff leftists like, so now it's OK.

Leftists literally have no actual stance on any issue.

They will turn on a dime and support what they've been railing against for years when it's going their way.

The problem is you don't know if they were hired because they were qualified or to meet a quota.

GDQsi9tWsAAqhk9

The accusation about United is that a pilot who flamed out previously was rehired as part of the DEI programmed and then fucked up a landing so bad it almost broke the plane in half.

GDGjha-X0AAkg59

Is it true? Time will tell... but have you seen a plane almost folded in half like that before on what was supposed to be a routine landing?

Seeing as those people (let's be honest... virtually all white men) are the reason corporations like Boeing became so successful in the first place, yes, they were.
Nothing but respect to those white dudes who pioneered that industry...has little to do with my assertion.

This thread is a fairly good example of the problem on small scale.

The conversations in investment meetings or board meetings probably never even make it this far, as the last thing you want to appear is "racist"

Its only after sheer billions are lost that the problem starts to get acknowledged by these people

It's billionaires essentially becoming governments. These billionaires are saying stuff leftists like, so now it's OK.

Leftists literally have no actual stance on any issue.

They will turn on a dime and support what they've been railing against for years when it's going their way.
You mean like "OMG Ukraine is so corrupt impeach Trump !"

"I love Ukraine, even the racist nazi's there that are fighting a war"

black women are ~6% of the population and they want them representing 50% of pilots? how's that mathematically possible? somone with a PHD in woke do the math for me.

Either or…

They’re not as retarded as Biden

Back