Black people listen to Metallica's "One" for the very first time...

Goddamn, One is a great fucking song. One of my top 5 jams, of any genre. I wish I had the luxury of being able ti hear it again, for the first time.

Metallica really changed their sound on the Black album not the ...And Justice album. Some people might have been upset b/c they made a video (their first) for One

...And Justice was the first album without Cliff. Lars and Hetfield both admitted that they purposely buried the bass low in the mix. I think that's what drives some people's hate of it.

Try listening to Bleed slowed down. Heaviest fucking song ever.

Slowed down, or regular speed, Bleed is easily one of the heaviest songs I've ever heard... it's also probably my favourite Meshuggah song.

I particularly find the part from roughly 1:30 - 2:00 is impossible not to headbang to.

... But I can also see how it would be just too much for relative new comers like the guys in the videos.

Their reaction to hunker was hilarious, skip to 3:50 to see.

The video they did for Dream Theater was hilarious. Also, the one they did for Tool’s 46 & 2 was really good. They pretty much got the meaning of the song exactly correct.

Their reaction to hunker was hilarious, skip to 3:50 to see.

Slowed down, or regular speed, Bleed is easily one of the heaviest songs I've ever heard... it's also probably my favourite Meshuggah song.

I particularly find the part from roughly 1:30 - 2:00 is impossible not to headbang to.

... But I can also see how it would be just too much for relative new comers like the guys in the videos.

Primitive Man is super heavy

I love it at regular speed but hearing it slowed just gives it a more sludgy almost deathcorish sound. If they really wanted a song to jump into Meshuggah they should've did Rational Gaze.

The video they did for Dream Theater was hilarious. Also, the one they did for Tool’s 46 & 2 was really good. They pretty much got the meaning of the song exactly correct.
I actually enjoy watching these guys because they really listen to the song. The 46 & 2 one is my favourite.

Yeah, i check out Lost in Vegas from time to time. It's pretty cool to see how open minded they are and they seem to genuinely like some of the metal they play. They get way more views for their metal vids than their hip hop vids, which they've acknowledged, so it seems like they're gravitating more towards that genre.

They are metal heads blocked from the truth for too long. They definitely like the music they have been exposed to. It is awesome to see people opening their minds and willing to listen to stuff outside of their comfort zone. They didn't like danzig tho :(
Yeah, i was kind of bummed they didn't like Danzig, too. I have to agree with them that the song did have a basic beat (Twist of Cain) but it's still a decent song. I was laughing while they talked about how Glenn seems like a guy who does things to be funny and seems like a real people person. It's like, yeah, sure, try giving him a hug when you meet him, let me know how that goes. I would prefer they review some Misfits stuff instead, preferably off Legacy of Brutality.

I actually enjoy watching these guys because they really listen to the song. The 46 & 2 one is my favourite.

I like it because it’s like I am experiencing the song for the first time again. Especially Master of Puppets. Their reaction to hearing it is pretty much exactly the reaction I had when I first heard it. It’s like reliving the experience.

Where do these people (not race) come from that have never heard Metallica's One before? I grew up in the 80's and 90's and without the luxury of the internet I knew tons of music from the 60's and 70's. My dad used to marvel at the fact that at 15 I could sing along with most of his favorite tunes.

P.S. I was all about the b-boy life back then and I still knew music from other genre's

Funny video.

It's easy to forget how truly epic a song One is when you haven't heard it in a while. Classic.

Master of Puppets still gives me goosebumps when it slows down to the guitar solo.

Love those guy's videos.

I like it when you know there's about to be a bad ass part coming up and they have no idea. Then it hits and they just lose their shit over it.

Basically the same way we all did the first time we heard it.

Where do these people (not race) come from that have never heard Metallica's One before? I grew up in the 80's and 90's and without the luxury of the internet I knew tons of music from the 60's and 70's. My dad used to marvel at the fact that at 15 I could sing along with most of his favorite tunes.

P.S. I was all about the b-boy life back then and I still knew music from other genre's

Some people are just closed books....actually most are. If it isnt on top 40 or the "in" thing, they wont care. Thats humans for you.

Some people are just closed books....actually most are. If it isnt on top 40 or the "in" thing, they wont care. Thats humans for you.
I wouldn't say that's humans. I really find it's more of a recent generational thing. It's weird too. You'd think the internet would provide more opportunities to expand their experiences but really it's providing niche areas to hide away and only interact with likewise people.

Last edited:
It's amazing too see the faces of these kids when li

I wouldn't say that's humans. I really find it's more of a recent generational thing. It's weird too. You'd think the internet would provide more opportunities to expand their experiences but really it's providing niche areas to hide away and only interact with likewise people.

Just like cell phones....the internet is a wonderful thing, but greatly misused. Hell, Facebook could be a good tjing, but most people use it as a means to post junk and useless infirmation.

With music as with most things....people have a short term memory these days. This is why the arts, creativity and imagination are going to shits.

They talked over the "he's saying "kill me"" blinking Morse code part - unfortunately they missed it.

they just released a lamb of god song reaction, looked like they enjoyed it:

Back