Black people listen to Metallica's "One" for the very first time...

lost in vegas is great.
those 2 guys are definitely metal heads.

slayer was a bridge too far for them to cross though. hopefully they'll give slayer another shot.

How could anyone not like Raining Blood?

That song is just.... GOAT level.

I'd like to see them watch Death Cannibal Corpse or obituary

They wouldn’t like it. They didn’t really like Slayer’s Raining Blood. You have to ease people into metal before dropping harder shit on them. Once people get tired of Metallica, it’s time for Slayer. Pantera is a good stop along the way. Then it’s time for Lamb of God. Once that’s done, Cannibal Corpse followed by Cryptopsy (only when they’re ready though).

Then they can come full circle back to Metallica or Pantera.

This is fucking hilarious.

They watch Metallica's "One" video for the very first time

lol at 4:23, 6:25 love seeing them helplessly nodding along to those parts (my fav from the song). Such a goat tune.

...And Justice was the first album without Cliff. Lars and Hetfield both admitted that they purposely buried the bass low in the mix. I think that's what drives some people's hate of it.

Not what I was talking about. ....And justice still had tons of riff changes during the songs, long songs, etc. They changed that b/c most people couldn't get into that stuff

That reaction was totally legit. One is a great song, and the time I first heard it, it was my favorite Metallica song. Only the super hardcores would say One is not metal.

thanks for the find. Must have watched 10 of their videos in one night....i had no idea that Chris Stapleton dude (only knew he was a country artist) could sing like that.

...And Justice was the first album without Cliff. Lars and Hetfield both admitted that they purposely buried the bass low in the mix. I think that's what drives some people's hate of it.
There's an unofficial version called And Justice For Jason with the bass boosted. It gives the album more weight, but the mix isn't very good.

Where do these people (not race) come from that have never heard Metallica's One before? I grew up in the 80's and 90's and without the luxury of the internet I knew tons of music from the 60's and 70's. My dad used to marvel at the fact that at 15 I could sing along with most of his favorite tunes.

P.S. I was all about the b-boy life back then and I still knew music from other genre's
Im hearing this song for the first time right now in this thread.
Grew up in the same time period as you.

driving around in my parents car it was either Motown, RnB, or church music. Where would you hear something like Metallica when what you know of music is only that?
A lot of rap and pop makes it to the mainstream in the form of movies, commercials, or you just hear them at parties, clubs, or even in stores...so you could hear those kinds of songs without being a fan of the genre.
How often do you hear metal? I do know some Metallica songs, but this one isn't widely known to casuals, imo

That is the reason. The song is as heavy as they came but the band decided to make a music video and a good deal of the fans didn't like it.

Why would fans be mad about a music video? I've never heard of such a thing.

Dope video! One is a masterpiece and it's fun to watch these guys "get it"!

I still remember watching this on German MTV back when I was like 8 years old and wondering wtf is going on with that guy in the face mask, assuming it was some kind of horror movie.
I did watch "Johnny got his gun" a few years back because of this song, not the most fun experience, great movie / novel nonetheless.

How could anyone not like Raining Blood?

That song is just.... GOAT level.

Oh, c'mon. It's a cool song and all but I could definitely see how it would be a bit much for some people.

The vocals don't do it any favors.

those cats did a vid of one of my favorite Twista songs "kill us all'

also, if you showed random old white people watching say the Tipdrill video (unedited of course) they'd lose their mind

the credit card swiped down the crack is the ultimate showstopper. That or the chain doing the same move

Oh, c'mon. It's a cool song and all but I could definitely see how it would be a bit much for some people.

The vocals don't do it any favors.

I humbly disagree sir! :)

Lol. That was pretty good. The movie version of One is still my favourite of that song and gets me JACKED!
Every time I listen to the intro I can't unhear "what is democracy?-what is democracy"

Funny video.

It's easy to forget how truly epic a song One is when you haven't heard it in a while. Classic.
Probably listened to it hundreds of times and it still leaves me like "..goddamn" every time

Master of Puppets still gives me goosebumps when it slows down to the guitar solo.
Man I remember when I first learned that little "whoa-oh-oh-whooaaa-oh" part on guitar I must've walked around for hours just playing it over and over again with a big grin on my face. So much fun

they just released a lamb of god song reaction, looked like they enjoyed it:

That entire album by Lamb of God is a fucking masterpiece, Omertà is one of my favorite songs ever.

I've been watching a lot of Lost In Vegas (the dudes in the video). Idk I just think it's cool to see people's reaction that who aren't normally into that style of music. They've done more reactions to Metallica, Slipknot, Slayer, Rage Against The Machine, Korn, lots of bands.

My issue is it seems they always praise the song, I watched about 5-10 videos and there wasn't one criticism of any of the songs. Good channel though, very entertaining.

Back