BLACK MIRROR (Season 6 officially greenlit, in the works)

Enjoyed this season. The ones I like in order:

1. Black Museum
2. USS Callister
3. Hang The DJ
4. Metalhead
5. Crocodile
6. Arkangel

This is pretty much the same order for me, except I liked Arkangel better than Crocodile, despite it's anti climatic ending. USS Callister and Black Museum are the standouts for sure.

I like how the Black Museum low key tide in other episode.

Good season. Bit of a step down from past ones, but doesn't take away from it and thats not surprising.

Hang The DJ, while obviously trying to be this season's San Junipero, was still my favorite. I'm a sap.

USS Callister easy second. Then BM, Metalhead, Crocodile, and AA.

Even though I enjoyed Metalhead, I really hope this show doesn't start embracing such simple, run of the mill stories. It was different compared to the rest of the Black Mirror universe, but it needs to remain different by being the only episode like that that ever happens.

Checked out Hang The DJ.

Didn't hate it. Didn't love it. I guess it comes down to how much you like the reveal at the end. I just didn't find it all that clever, and I personally thought it made the episode a little hollow. It's like, that's it?

I get what it was trying to do, in drawing parallels to the computer program, and our lives today, and how we're letting these types of programs code us, not unlike the people within the program. I just thought it was a bit heavy handed, and not as profound of a statement as it wanted to be. So for me, not really caring about the overall message, I was left with a fairly boring episode, with an okay twist.

Another 6/10.

I think at this point into the season, I'm starting to believe that "Black Mirror" has hit a bit of a creative snag. These episodes individually would be some of the more forgettable episodes in any other season. As a whole, the mediocre heft of it all, is making me think they might not have much left in the tank.

Okay I didn't like it as much as the rest until someone I know pointed out that you are willfully signing a part of your soul to be tortured.

I think once you accept that, the episode has far more depth.

Then again I loved Black Museum so so much so wtf do I know.

S4 was just amazing. The quality is unbelievable.

Huh. I didn't see the black museum ending coming. Or the uss callister ending

People are jaded. It was a great season.

Also I pity the fool who watches a series like this trying to find a reason to tell themselves they're clever.

Seriously tho... Crocodile is getting hate? I felt sick to my stomach after watching it.

That’s the only episode of S4 I haven’t watched yet.
The rest of them have been superb IMO, especially Black Museum.
That was so well written, acted , and delightfully fucked up. Was that the lollipop and DNA scanner from USS Callister in the Black Museum?

Seriously tho... Crocodile is getting hate? I felt sick to my stomach after watching it.

That’s the only episode of S4 I haven’t watched yet.
The rest of them have been superb IMO, especially Black Museum.
That was so well written, acted , and delightfully fucked up. Was that the lollipop and DNA scanner from USS Callister in the Black Museum?

Yep! If I'm not mistaken Black Museum is a homage to every episode. Notice all the White Bear references?

Rewatching Black Museum now and honestly the second act is even more unsettling knowing what happens.

God imagine her existence...

Yeah especially since it was deemed illegal to delete her from the system, and the museum wasn’t getting traffic anymore so no interactions with others. Just sitting in that chair in silence forever. Fack. Until the black chick torched the museum, that should have cooked the stuffed monkey’s hardware and finally let her die.

Yep! If I'm not mistaken Black Museum is a homage to every episode. Notice all the White Bear references?

Rewatching Black Museum now and honestly the second act is even more unsettling knowing what happens.

God imagine her existence...

Yeah especially since it was deemed illegal to delete her from the system, and the museum wasn’t getting traffic anymore so no interactions with others. Just sitting in that chair in silence forever. Fack. Until the black chick torched the museum, that should have cooked the stuffed monkey’s hardware and finally let her die.

Bruh Im on LSD right now lol. This shit got me fucked up. I always drop acid when a new season of Black Mirror drops.

She doesn't die though.. she gets rescued. Tbh I would much rather be dead.

Hurry up and watch Crocodile!

LMFAO. No bullshit the wife and I watched 4 out of 6 episodes last night while chomping down about 15+\- mushrooms between us.
Good times.

Bruh Im on LSD right now lol. This shit got me fucked up. I always drop acid when a new season of Black Mirror drops.

She doesn't die though.. she gets rescued. Tbh I would much rather be dead.

Hurry up and watch Crocodile!

LMFAO. No bullshit the wife and I watched 4 out of 6 episodes last night while chomping down about 15+\- mushrooms between us.
Good times.

Lol I munched Acid on stage tonight as part of a joke, timed it out perfect. This show on LSD or shrooms is fucking nuts.. I know people keep shitting on this season but I just don't see the hate.

As to the first episode.. incredible acting. I didn't expect Down Syndrome Damon is be an actual evil person. The subtle hint at repression manifesting into an asshole online persona was great. I do wonder if the McPoyle bro ever escaped. He was burning to a crisp.

I think maybe the reason this season is getting mixed reviews in contrast to the last few, is that there was a lot of people (including me) that picked it up after the third season dropped and there had already been time for everyone to digest and dissect the earlier ones, and understand the creative brilliance at work.
This last season is at least as good as the last three IMO, and in time will be regarded as such. Also, some of the themes are intentionally recurring so the storylines might not seem as fresh to some.
I legit lol’d at dropping on stage.. that could have gone hilariously wrong depending on what you’d eaten today or other variables. Cheers!

Lol I munched Acid on stage tonight as part of a joke, timed it out perfect. This show on LSD or shrooms is fucking nuts.. I know people keep shitting on this season but I just don't see the hate.

As to the first episode.. incredible acting. I didn't expect Down Syndrome Damon is be an actual evil person. The subtle hint at repression manifesting into an asshole online persona was great. I do wonder if the McPoyle bro ever escaped. He was burning to a crisp.

I think maybe the reason this season is getting mixed reviews in contrast to the last few, is that there was a lot of people (including me) that picked it up after the third season dropped and there had already been time for everyone to digest and dissect the earlier ones, and understand the creative brilliance at work.
This last season is at least as good as the last three IMO, and in time will be regarded as such. Also, some of the themes are intentionally recurring so the storylines might not seem as fresh to some.
I legit lol’d at dropping on stage.. that could have gone hilariously wrong depending on what you’d eaten today or other variables. Cheers!

Oh of course, not to mention outside of White Christmas the first two seasons had very few episodes between them. Season 3 was an absolute masterpiece, and 4 is just incredible now that we know it's all connected.

And yeah I just asked the audience if they liked drugs as much as me. Got some applause. Ate the acid and winked and said "doubt it"

I'm pretty good at timing it out. I did end up lost in the bathroom for about twenty minutes but made it back home to sherdog and rewatch Black Mirror so all good.

Agreed season 3 was the shit as well. Hated in the Nation was my favorite of that one. For anybody that hasn’t checked out this show yet, that one (season 3, episode 6) might be my favorite of them all. There was something morbidly satisfying about people acting like cunts on Twitter for attention and then getting their brains drilled out by metal bee drones.
Also showing how aware the writers are on current events because bees really are critically threatened at the moment.

Oh of course, not to mention outside of White Christmas the first two seasons had very few episodes between them. Season 3 was an absolute masterpiece, and 4 is just incredible now that we know it's all connected.

And yeah I just asked the audience if they liked drugs as much as me. Got some applause. Ate the acid and winked and said "doubt it"

I'm pretty good at timing it out. I did end up lost in the bathroom for about twenty minutes but made it back home to sherdog and rewatch Black Mirror so all good.

Finished up the season. I guess I'm one of the few who thought "Metalhead" was one of the stronger episodes. Nothing too thought provoking, but it excelled at being just a tight little thriller. Post apocalyptic slasher flick, with a tech twist. It was fun, and I really liked the design of the killer dog bots.

7.5/10

"Black Museum" was also pretty good. I wish they would do more of those interconnected anthology episodes, like that and the "White Christmas" episode. This one had a bit of a "Tales From The Crypt" vibe, which was cool. Didn't care much for the final story, but two out of three ain't bad, and it all added up nicely at the end.

8/10

Overall, probably the weakest season for me, but it was still a pretty good ride nonetheless.

As someone who just jumped into the show on a buddies recommendation, I dug Metalhead. Maybe the older viewers expect every episode to be super complex with a twist at the end? Seemed like a solid short horror, albeit not the most original in the world.

I do agree however the reason they were out in the first place was pretty dumb though.
If you think about it as a standard post-apoc scenario, where the world has gone to shit but people have become accustomed to it, their reason isn't that dumb. Even if autonomous killbots are roaming the landscape, that doesn't negate people's humanity (in all its stupid sentimental motivations)

Plus if the teddy bear ended up being "not just a teddy bear" (many episodes seem to exist in a shared universe) there is also that.

I liked Metalhead for its plausibility, which is also why I liked Crocodile. I can definitely see those technologies going awry that way. USS Callister was too fantastic for me (digital clones from DNA? dafuq?) and Arkangel fell flat. Hang the DJ and Black Museum were the highlights of the season for me.

I thought it was the weakest episode but I still liked it.

I would've felt sick too had I not seen Man Bites Dog. That desensitized me to infanticide in movies a little.

Back