BLACK MIRROR (Season 6 officially greenlit, in the works)

Huh. I didn't see the black museum ending coming. Or the uss callister ending
Episodes were definitely not predictable, but I thought the season was definitely weak. Sucks, I was really looking forward to this season =/

Callister was great.
I’m sucker for post apocalyptic so I liked Metalhead.
Hang the DJ had a very San Junipero vibe which I liked.
Black Museum was very interesting.
Arkangel was meh.
Crocodile was just terrible.

Saw the first three. Pretty disappointed so far. I think I got too hyped up for Callister.

Episodes were definitely not predictable, but I thought the season was definitely weak. Sucks, I was really looking forward to this season =/

I thought it was a good season and I enjoyed all of the episodes. Arkangel was meh but I enjoyed it still.

Callister was great.
I’m sucker for post apocalyptic so I liked Metalhead.
Hang the DJ had a very San Junipero vibe which I liked.
Black Museum was very interesting.
Arkangel was meh.
Crocodile was just terrible.

Not sure why you think crocodile was bad. I enjoyed it aside from the forced diversity bullshit (I know rural scotland is totally overflowing with black men and muslims smh). The plot didn't really have a point but it was beautifully shot, well acted, well written and horrifying.

I thought it was a good season and I enjoyed all of the episodes. Arkangel was meh but I enjoyed it still.

Not sure why you think crocodile was bad. I enjoyed it aside from the forced diversity bullshit (I know rural scotland is totally overflowing with black men and muslims smh). The plot didn't really have a point but it was beautifully shot, well acted, well written and horrifying.

I enjoyed the episodes as well, just wasn't what I was expecting with Black Mirror. A weak BM season can still be a good time.

bolded:

<Huh2>

I enjoyed the episodes as well, just wasn't what I was expecting with Black Mirror. A weak BM season can still be a good time.

bolded:

<Huh2>
Minorities are over represented in western media and it leads to increased racial tensions. Crocodile takes place In rural Scotland and it's full of minority characters. How does that not grab your attention?

Minorities are over represented in western media and it leads to increased racial tensions. Crocodile takes place In rural Scotland and it's full of minority characters. How does that not grab your attention?

Are you suggesting that only white people should be cast for a lot of these roles so that people don't get mad? Is this the Western media you are referring to? C'mon man, thats just silly to even get into. I bet most people couldn't give two shits that a muslim supporting role was married to a black guy. The only time particular racial casting ever got my attention was in 30 days of night when the entire town of Barrow Alaska was white. Barrow Alaska is like 98% Inuit.

Anyways..

Are you suggesting that only white people should be cast for a lot of these roles so that people don't get mad? Is this the Western media you are referring to? C'mon man, thats just silly to even get into. I bet most people couldn't give two shits that a muslim supporting role was married to a black guy. The only time particular racial casting ever got my attention was in 30 days of night when the entire town of Barrow Alaska was white. Barrow Alaska is like 98% Inuit.

Anyways..
No I'm not suggesting that at all. I'm just pointing out that minorities are over represented in western media. What % of the UK is white? What % of black mirror characters are minorities? Simple math here. I don't want racial quotas or anything but it seems that there already are: to over represent minorities. For what it's worth I liked the characters and their acting.

Anyways..
I'd also like to mention I didn't give a shit about any racial stuff until the 2016 election and the left's hyper identity politics and the resulting pushback.

BBC forces racial diversity Bs all the time. It's not a problem when the character are written to be diverse but clearly some of the characters are just there to fill quota. Just not being white shouldn t be diverse, the characters are often written clearly by nerdy white guys and are just a face, doesn't sound very diverse to me.

I'd also like to mention I didn't give a shit about any racial stuff until the 2016 election and the left's hyper identity politics and the resulting pushback.
To each their own, I guess. I personally can find a plethora of more important things to get my jimmies rustled over.

BBC forces racial diversity Bs all the time. It's not a problem when the character are written to be diverse but clearly some of the characters are just there to fill quota. Just not being white shouldn t be diverse, the characters are often written clearly by nerdy white guys and are just a face, doesn't sound very diverse to me.
"diverse" is code for not white.

It was very beautifully shot and was well acted, but it didn’t feel very believable to me. The killer didn’t have to kill the baby. It hadn’t seen her. She went looking for it. The tech didn’t seem important to the storyline. You could have told the same story without it. There was no twist. It just didn’t resonate with me at all.

It was very beautifully shot and was well acted, but it didn’t feel very believable to me. The killer didn’t have to kill the baby. It hadn’t seen her. She went looking for it. The tech didn’t seem important to the storyline. You could have told the same story without it. There was no twist. It just didn’t resonate with me at all.

I'm thinking you're missing the shot where she was walking out of the house, heard the baby cry, stopped in her tracks, and then she saw the baby in the room with the door open looking right at her? Because the baby definitely saw as per that scene.

Enjoyed this season. The ones I like in order:

1. Black Museum
2. USS Callister
3. Hang The DJ
4. Metalhead
5. Crocodile
6. Arkangel

Yea, the believability factor is a big reason I didn't enjoy it either. If she was going around, freaking out and shooting/stabbing while apologising, I could see it, but to go from this random architect into an ice cold killer choking and callously bludgeoning people to death, ugh. I hate when shows/movies do that. Ruins them from that point on.

I'm thinking you're missing the shot where she was walking out of the house, heard the baby cry, stopped in her tracks, and then she saw the baby in the room with the door open looking right at her? Because the baby definitely saw as per that scene.
You may be right. I don’t care enough to rewatch it. I thought she heard the baby then went looking for it. Either way, I didn’t care for the episode.

Episode 3 was kinda crap but the other 5 were great, especially episode 1

Back