BLACK MIRROR (Season 6 officially greenlit, in the works)

Cut up my dad and released a 5 star vidya. Can’t complain.

BANDERSNATCH IS AWESOME!!!

what a bunch of jaded fuckers you guys are to not appreciate exactly what they just pulled off.

That shit was brilliant. Very meta, which usually I don't like but in this situation it was perfect.

They've basically just created a new medium for film. I see this being a very popular genre in the coming years.
I enjoyed it, the story was weaker compared to most every Black Mirror episode but the concept was well executed and thematically cohesive.

I think the limited number of choices is part of the theme, we have very little real control over anything. Even that first major choice of accepting or denying the deal. Yes seems obvious but leads you to an anticlimactic ending with a bad game because there's no real story there, we all often fall in to the system and make the obvious but safe choices that lead to disappointment and unfulfillment. This is touched on in the Netflix ending where the therapist implies we would pick a more exciting scenario if we had a choice, when in fact many of us failed by picking the safe and easy choice at the beginning, much like life where we claim to have a choice but all choose to live safe mundane lives.

The more I think on it the more I appreciate the episode, I'd give it an 8.7/10. This was the perfect show to try this and it tied together perfectly with the theme, but I don't see this ever being done well again if at all. It's too much involvement and ambiguity to catch on, and any other theme would waste the concept.

Also there's no true ending to this, it's kind of like Schrodinger's Cat where we have all these possibilities and they're all true if we don't open the box to look inside. The choices were actually a tool to tell the story rather than a tool to control the story like we were led to believe. Like Stefan thinking he has control by creating a game of choice, we also thought we had control by playing a game of choice, when in fact we're all controlled by influencing factors. The story itself becomes sort of meaningless with so many possibilities. It's not the endings that are important, it's the thought process along the way and the different perspectives we get from the choices that we make. Alone the endings don't say much but as a whole they tie together to create something meaningful.

Any new thread?

Season 5 Trailer. Only 3 episodes though. Starts June 5th

Three stinkin' episodes?

That's pretty weak.

Three stinkin' episodes?

That's pretty weak.

Yeah especially considering the long delay. Bandersnatch is my least favorite episode and I hope they redeem themselves from that.

Looks like a solid cast. Bummer about the limited number of episodes though. Should start a fresh thread @Zazen. People don't wanna discuss bandernatch lol.

Yeah especially considering the long delay. Bandersnatch is my least favorite episode and I hope they redeem themselves from that.

Yeah, it was decent idea, but the choices didn't really feel like actual choices. A lot of them just felt like if you didn't choose the "true" path the movie intended, you'd just get a quick scene, and essentially a game over screen. I want to see something like that done, but where the story doesn't end abruptly if you choose the path that goes away from the "true" path. Just have the movie go in wildly different directions with the same running time.

Started the S3 thread last year so lets get this shit going. They've been dropping a trailer a day, critics have had review copies for awhile, and the rumors are its gonna be a surprise release sometime very soon. Here are the trailers released so far, will update when rest come:

That 1st 1, hang the dj was a favorite.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a43710610/black-mirror-season-6-release-date/

...some glimpses of this season's stacked cast, which includes the likes of Aaron Paul, Ben Barnes, Michael Cera, Salma Hayek, Paapa Essiedu, Kate Mara, Rory Culkin and Annie Murphy.

Anjana Vasan, Auden Thornton, Clara Rugaard, Daniel Portman, Danny Ramirez, Himesh Patel, John Hannah, Josh Hartnett, Monica Dolan, Myha’la Herrold, Rob Delaney, Samuel Blenkin and Zazie Beetz will also star.

Speaking to Tudum, Brooker explained how season six "reinvents itself with each new episode" and stretches the "parameters of what a Black Mirror episode even is".

"I’ve always felt that Black Mirror should feature stories that are entirely distinct from one another, and keep surprising people — and myself — or else what’s the point? It should be a series that can’t be easily defined, and can keep reinventing itself," he said.

Brooker continued by revealing that there may be things fans haven't seen before, too. "We’ve also got a few new elements, including some I’ve previously sworn blind the show would never do, to stretch the parameters of what a Black Mirror episode even is," he shared.

"The stories are all still tonally Black Mirror through-and-through — but with some crazy swings and more variety than ever before."

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a43710610/black-mirror-season-6-release-date/

...some glimpses of this season's stacked cast, which includes the likes of Aaron Paul, Ben Barnes, Michael Cera, Salma Hayek, Paapa Essiedu, Kate Mara, Rory Culkin and Annie Murphy.

Anjana Vasan, Auden Thornton, Clara Rugaard, Daniel Portman, Danny Ramirez, Himesh Patel, John Hannah, Josh Hartnett, Monica Dolan, Myha’la Herrold, Rob Delaney, Samuel Blenkin and Zazie Beetz will also star.

Speaking to Tudum, Brooker explained how season six "reinvents itself with each new episode" and stretches the "parameters of what a Black Mirror episode even is".

"I’ve always felt that Black Mirror should feature stories that are entirely distinct from one another, and keep surprising people — and myself — or else what’s the point? It should be a series that can’t be easily defined, and can keep reinventing itself," he said.

Brooker continued by revealing that there may be things fans haven't seen before, too. "We’ve also got a few new elements, including some I’ve previously sworn blind the show would never do, to stretch the parameters of what a Black Mirror episode even is," he shared.

"The stories are all still tonally Black Mirror through-and-through — but with some crazy swings and more variety than ever before."

Finally ! I’ve been waiting for this show to return.

Back