BLACK MIRROR (Season 6 officially greenlit, in the works)

Joseph Budden

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Started the S3 thread last year so lets get this shit going. They've been dropping a trailer a day, critics have had review copies for awhile, and the rumors are its gonna be a surprise release sometime very soon. Here are the trailers released so far, will update when rest come:

Love it! Can't wait for the next season!

Started the S3 thread last year so lets get this shit going. They've been dropping a trailer a day, critics have had review copies for awhile, and the rumors are its gonna be a surprise release sometime very soon. Here are the trailers released so far, will update when rest come:

Awesome! Have a like.
tenor.gif

Newest trailers:

That completes the trailer drop, now we wait for the surprise release. Certain rumors peg it possibly as soon as tomorrow or Friday

I don't know why anyone would watch trailers on something like this.

All it can do is ruin surprises, and lessen the experience.

That's exactly what I was thinking, I would much prefer to go in blind.

That's exactly what I was thinking, I would much prefer to go in blind.
The trailers are literally nothing. Horrible assumption thinking Black Mirror would reveal anything in trailers. Charlie Brooker is well aware of all the magical elements of BM.

The trailers are literally nothing. Horrible assumption thinking Black Mirror would reveal anything in trailers. Charlie Brooker is well aware of all the magical elements of BM.
I'm sure, I just don't really want any clue as to what it will even look like until it's in front of me and I can immerse myself in it. Having expectations from what I've seen, it'll have me questioning if it matches up with the episode, where as if I see it totally blind, I get totally sucked in to what's happening.

I guess if you don't even want an idea to some sort of premise then avoid the trailers and google searching BM and coming in this thread. But I knew of certain premises for S3 (like the first episode "like" system) and knowing the general idea didn't remove from the story in any way

Good luck watching the Star Trek themed trailer and gaining anything from it other than "oh ok its kind of like star trek"

I guess if you don't even want an idea to some sort of premise then avoid the trailers and google searching BM and coming in this thread. But I knew of certain premises for S3 (like the first episode "like" system) and knowing the general idea didn't remove from the story in any way

Good luck watching the Star Trek themed trailer and gaining anything from it other than "oh ok its kind of like star trek"

I just wish they'd put out a goddamn release date, like every other show does. This whole 'maybe we'll release it soon, maybe we'll release it in 2018, here's a bunch of trailers' approach is obnoxious. #1stWorldProblems

Black Mirror is probably the only show I'd feel this way with. I don't mind spoilers at all usually. Studies show spoilers can improve the experience for a lot of people. I just love the atmosphere this show creates, it's hard for me to feel as engaged with damn near any other show. I like fostering that.

Wife and I watched every episode last year except for the first episode, we just didn't like it. We were surprised by quite a few episodes, but some are just flops for us.

We are rewatching some of these at work during our lunch hour for the next few weeks in preparation for Season 4, I just wish we had a date and that it was soon....

I just wish they'd put out a goddamn release date, like every other show does. This whole 'maybe we'll release it soon, maybe we'll release it in 2018, here's a bunch of trailers' approach is obnoxious. #1stWorldProblems
Lol I hate/love Rick & Morty for that shit. "See you in like a year and a half, or longer".

Wife and I watched every episode last year except for the first episode, we just didn't like it. We were surprised by quite a few episodes, but some are just flops for us.

We are rewatching some of these at work during our lunch hour for the next few weeks in preparation for Season 4, I just wish we had a date and that it was soon....
Yeah, the first episode was my least favorite by a wide margin. It really doesn't feel like anything happens, it sets an interesting tone but it doesn't do the show justice as an introduction. When a show's entire plot can be summarized in two-three short sentences, then it could use a little more work.

Lol I hate/love Rick & Morty for that shit. "See you in like a year and a half, or longer".

I don't mind if a show has to take an unknown amount of time off, but once the episodes are all done (like BM), just tell us when it's coming out already.

Its all but confirmed it'll be a surprise drop within the year. But yeah, I guess since its an "edgy" show they are going with the "edgy" marketing approach

Black Mirror is probably the only show I'd feel this way with. I don't mind spoilers at all usually. Studies show spoilers can improve the experience for a lot of people. I just love the atmosphere this show creates, it's hard for me to feel as engaged with damn near any other show. I like fostering that.
I get that. Part of me was kicking myself for googling shit before S3 and reading some of the general premises like that first episode "like" system. But literally none of what I read before S3 ended up spoiling anything beyond that, and that "spoiler" is revealed within like the first 2 min of that episode. These "trailers", if you watch them, are clearly designed the same way. Nothing they reveal won't be revealed within the first few mins, but what it does from there is a complete mystery.

Last edited:
Back