Bitcoin currency of the future?

[/QUOTE]
Supply chain management?
Just lol.

A block chain does nothing that a database does not.

I completely disagree. A database can be altered, changed, cooked the books. A Blockchain is MUCH harder to change depending on the level of decentralization. Supply Chain/Blockchain is a great use for the verification of consumer goods. If IBM can find a way to keep their Hyper Ledger decentralized, it’ll be great for automobile and aircraft parts and eventually having parts verified on a blockchain will be a line item on a parts PO.

I bought most of the top 10 cryptos. I don't know what one will come up on top but I'm confident I'll make way more then I invested years down the road. /shrug.

Last edited:
Can anyone here recommend a course or degree to learn about crypto/blockhain for a posible career shift?

No one with a brain says it can't be stolen. If anything given the nature of it (people protecting their own stuff rather than professionals) it's more likely to be stolen.

With enough hash and computing behind it it's unhackable though.

The OPs article literally says it cant be stolen and the article i linked literally says 50 million was stolen by hackers.....so everything you just said is bullshit.

Have you guys ever tried investing in an ICO? I would like to try it soon. I have found some interesting ICOs on http://iconica.io and can't decide which to choose. Maybe you can recommend me something about it? It would really be very nice!

Last edited:
I completely disagree. A database can be altered, changed, cooked the books. A Blockchain is MUCH harder to change depending on the level of decentralization. Supply Chain/Blockchain is a great use for the verification of consumer goods. If IBM can find a way to keep their Hyper Ledger decentralized, it’ll be great for automobile and aircraft parts and eventually having parts verified on a blockchain will be a line item on a parts PO.

Okay. Riddle me this: How can you put faith into a supply chain management blockchain to accurately show that the items are infact where they are said to be in the block chain?

We can go down this rabbit hole together, but it is a waste of time. The end result is that a supplychain management based block chain simply cannot be decentralized. It is not possible to accurately digitize a real world asset without having to trust a 3rd party to digitize it.

Without it being trustless, there is no reason to use a blockchain. It is literally a distributed database with worse latencies.

Care to elaborate?

Every time someone says Bitcoin has finally been hacked, it turns out it was just phished.

Currency of any type will always be subject to being conned out of a willing mark's hands. It's a lapse on part of the user (to believe in someone they shouldn't-- a "con") that caused it, not anything due to the currency's security being breached.

Every time someone says Bitcoin has finally been hacked, it turns out it was just phished.

Currency of any type will always be subject to being conned out of a willing mark's hands. It's a lapse on part of the user (to believe in someone they shouldn't-- a "con") that caused it, not anything due to the currency's security being breached.
The article clearly says it was the digital wallets that got hacked. So No. It wasnt the blockchain itself but if the wallets that are needed to "carry" the currency are vulnerable and there is no way to recover your money than its the same end result. You lose your bitcoin with no recourse. At least if someone robs my bank i can get my money back.

The article clearly says it was the digital wallets that got hacked. So No. It wasnt the blockchain itself but if the wallets that are needed to "carry" the currency are vulnerable and there is no way to recover your money than its the same end result. You lose your bitcoin with no recourse. At least if someone robs my bank i can get my money back.

The article used the word "hacked" to bait clicks.

In reality, false wallets were set up online in some sketchy no-name sites and people went there and just trusted public online wallets on a whim to store their bitcoins without checking the validity of them first.

You're supposed to use your own private wallet for security. You can keep them on an exchange but that's a lot more risky. Keeping them on a site without checking which site it is first is the most risky thing you could do, it's better just to leave it on the exchange you bought it from (but transferring to your own private wallet(s) for cold storage is default and best)

Care to elaborate?

When you buy bitcoin you get a public key and a private key.

Public key is your address that you can give to anyone and they can send you crypto.

Your private key is your password. Give someone both and they can easily steal your shit with little to no recourse.

That's why you're advised to safely store your private key yourself. It's been possible to steal peoples bitcoin since day one and I highly doubt that the article you're talking about ever stated that it can't be stolen. It's well known that it can be stolen.

What happens is people trick others into giving up both their public key and their private key with fake wallet sites or phishing scams (websites with a name similar names to the legit wallets) and then the money is gone. This is called phishing and is what your article is talking about.

They can also hack exchanges and steal it from people who store them there (Mt Gox being the most famous hack where 350mil was stolen)

It's never been the fault of bitcoins code though because to manipulate bitcoin addresses you need an insane amount of computing power to complete what is called a 51% attack and that's never been really obtainable.

Well that last bit isn't true. The ironic part is recently one of the mining companies (bitmain) has acquired other mining companies and actually does have enough processing power to actually complete a 51% attack right now.

Suspect list would be small though.

"This just in.....
Bitcoins have recently been likened to
s-l1000.jpg

WW's gold ticket or..
all_7_horcruxes_getting_destroyed.gif

a HP horcrux."
lol, invest in UnderArmor or BioFreeze before you lose your coin here.

Can anyone here recommend a course or degree to learn about crypto/blockhain for a posible career shift?

Any marketing course and a year working as a used car salesman/carny midway barker.

Most seminars/courses are horseshit cash grabs, so you are better off educating yourself. If you are serious, go to business school; it'll be your best defense against getting hosed and will help you to play any market correctly.

Okay. Riddle me this: How can you put faith into a supply chain management blockchain to accurately show that the items are infact where they are said to be in the block chain?

We can go down this rabbit hole together, but it is a waste of time. The end result is that a supplychain management based block chain simply cannot be decentralized. It is not possible to accurately digitize a real world asset without having to trust a 3rd party to digitize it.

Without it being trustless, there is no reason to use a blockchain. It is literally a distributed database with worse latencies.

Fair question. I’ll be the first to admit that my understanding of the technology is very high level.

I believe the process is that each piece/part will have an RFID enabled device that will track the item through its production life cycle. The RFID is tracked using antennas/ sensors connected to the machines which read back and write to the chain. In VeChains case, the blocks are then verified by one of the 101 Authority Nodes. It’ll be interesting to see what type of information is collected and added to the chain for verification because an RFID tag cannot withstand the temperatures of an autoclave so the temperature data and that specific part being made must somehow be linked. As this part flows through the process, it will cost a fee each time it transacts to the blockchain. Again in VeChains case, this fee would be VeThor. There’s much more to it no doubt, but that’s about as high level as it gets.

I agree that blockchain won’t solve the world’s problems and many companies are putting the name next to their business as a hype builder. But it does have Its use cases and will be implemented in many different industries.

Here’s a cool infograph for those that are trying to understand how it works.
http://graphics.reuters.com/TECHNOLOGY-BLOCKCHAIN/010070P11GN/index.html

I’ll take PWC and DNVGLs lead on this. They may have a bigger Risk Managment team and expertise that Davem10 on Sherdog.

Vechain currently worth $0.01

Looks like Davem10 on sherdog was indeed smarter than than PWC and DNVGLs risk management teams after all

I did warn you, multiple multiple times

Hopefully now you realise how insanely dumb you are for saying to me over and over "the price doesnt matter" as i continually pointed out its downward trajectory to you

When you buy bitcoin you get a public key and a private key.

Public key is your address that you can give to anyone and they can send you crypto.

Your private key is your password. Give someone both and they can easily steal your shit with little to no recourse.

That's why you're advised to safely store your private key yourself. It's been possible to steal peoples bitcoin since day one and I highly doubt that the article you're talking about ever stated that it can't be stolen. It's well known that it can be stolen.

What happens is people trick others into giving up both their public key and their private key with fake wallet sites or phishing scams (websites with a name similar names to the legit wallets) and then the money is gone. This is called phishing and is what your article is talking about.

They can also hack exchanges and steal it from people who store them there (Mt Gox being the most famous hack where 350mil was stolen)

It's never been the fault of bitcoins code though because to manipulate bitcoin addresses you need an insane amount of computing power to complete what is called a 51% attack and that's never been really obtainable.

Well that last bit isn't true. The ironic part is recently one of the mining companies (bitmain) has acquired other mining companies and actually does have enough processing power to actually complete a 51% attack right now.

Suspect list would be small though.
The article used the word "hacked" to bait clicks.

In reality, false wallets were set up online in some sketchy no-name sites and people went there and just trusted public online wallets on a whim to store their bitcoins without checking the validity of them first.

You're supposed to use your own private wallet for security. You can keep them on an exchange but that's a lot more risky. Keeping them on a site without checking which site it is first is the most risky thing you could do, it's better just to leave it on the exchange you bought it from (but transferring to your own private wallet(s) for cold storage is default and best)

I bought my bitcoin on Robbin hood trading. How safe is my bitcoin???

Vechain currently worth $0.01

Looks like Davem10 on sherdog was indeed smarter than than PWC and DNVGLs risk management teams after all

I did warn you, multiple multiple times

Hopefully now you realise how insanely dumb you are for saying to me over and over "the price doesnt matter" as i continually pointed out its downward trajectory to you

I don’t know how many times I have to tell you this, but I’m playing with free money. I don’t have my life savings in this so I’m not worried about the price right now.

Some important notes to consider though: The token swap hasn’t been completed, partners haven’t migrated to the public chain, VET just listed on CMC (look at the 7 day chart). Plenty of reasons for a price drop, none of which indicate any of their fundamentals have changed. My guess is price manipulation.

Anyways, here some recent news:

State Sponsered Partnership:

Partnership with NTT Docomo who own 45% of the market in Japan.

This is just in the last few days. If in 2 years VeChain fails, I will concede that it was a bad investment. Until then, keep pointing out price in a speculative market that no one knows how to value at the moment as the leading reason a project is crap. It totally makes sense.

God you're a moron haha

You were constantly saying price doesn't matter and ech time I popped up pointing out a price drop you tried to spin it saying how just just bought 1000 more in the dip or whatever.

Now you claim all this stuff is happening which everyone knew was gonna happen for ages, is the obvious reason for a catastrophic price crash, if it was so obvious why we're you still buying vechain as recent as a few weeks ago at 200x it's current price ha

So you obviously had a boatload of vechain let's say you had 10,000 of them a week or so ago that was worth $20,000 and now it's worth $100

Free money or not, you have lost $19,900 dollars because you were so dumb to keep believing the hype and you're still believing it

Back