Bitcoin currency of the future?

As of right now, we are only able to have the wallet in Robinhood itself. They are rolling out full futures for our own wallets in a couple months.

Well it should be safe for the time being, super safe if it can't be transferred-- then the only possible danger (right now) is from the people who run the RobinHood platform taking it themselves.

Well as you can see my math was perfectly accurate you simply explained poorly the whole 100 to 1 ratio

End of the day you have lost bank because you believed that the price continually falling didnt matter = yes you are the moron

Haha whatever, it’s my fault you can’t perform basics calculations. You couldn’t even get .01 x 13,000 right you goof.

Well it should be safe for the time being, super safe if it can't be transferred-- then the only possible danger (right now) is from the people who run the RobinHood platform taking it themselves.

Ya lol. I've been with Robinhood since it came out and never had an issue with them with my stocks.

I bought my bitcoin on Robbin hood trading. How safe is my bitcoin???

I'm Australian and AFAIK I can't use RH so my knowledge of RH is pretty poor.

I'd wager than RH is one of the safest exchanges to store your crypto on (up there with Binance, Huobi etc) given it's a multibillion dollar company but I don't know what security and safeguarding measures they provide (Binance stores most of its contents offline, has a separate wallet to repatriate users in case of hacks funded by their own profits and has some pretty good coding in there which was demonstrated when they stopped a large phishing attack)

Rule of thumb is Cold wallet (hardware wallet)> Software wallet> Exchange.

Essentially exchanges as storage are frowned upon by most crypto users as you're entrusting your security to someone else and if they're breached you're fucked. Also exchanges are the best targets of hackers because of the large amount of money they hold.

Is bitcoin the most massive waste of resources ever?

A study published in Energy Research & Social Science warns that failure to lower the energy use by Bitcoin and similar Blockchain designs may prevent nations from reaching their climate change mitigation obligations under the Paris Agreement.

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2018-07-energy-intensive-bitcoin-transactions-pose-environmental.html#jCp

Putting this into perspective, Dr. Truby said, "the processes involved in a single Bitcoin transaction could provide electricity to a British home for a month—with the environmental costs socialized for private benefit.

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2018-07-energy-intensive-bitcoin-transactions-pose-environmental.html#jCp

And you’re calling me a moron?

If I had 13,000 VEN, then yes at $.01 I would have $130 (not $260).

But I don’t, I have 1.3million. Like you mentioned above.

.01 x 1,300,000 = $13,000

Nothing changes during a split except the unit price of the coin. Market Cap stays the same but the entry point is lower.

I just noticed the the other day and came here to find some discussion about it. Why did they split the token, anyway? Not that I'm invested (think I had 70 VET, so 7000 VEN now).

I just noticed the the other day and came here to find some discussion about it. Why did they split the token, anyway? Not that I'm invested (think I had 70 VET, so 7000 VEN now).

I think they expect a greater rate of adoption and would rather have a lower entry point for enterprises to buy in.

I think they expect a greater rate of adoption and would rather have a lower entry point for enterprises to buy in.

That was my assumption. Hasn't worked out thusly, but I can see it. It's funny, though, as while it opened at 2 or 3 cents. Dropping just a penny now sliced off insane value.

That was my assumption. Hasn't worked out thusly, but I can see it. It's funny, though, as while it opened at 2 or 3 cents. Dropping just a penny now sliced off insane value.

They’re expecting a lot of traffic and that traffic will require payments (Thor) to interact with the chain. The dual token could solve the token velocity issue by incentivizing token lockup. They have a lot to live up to and if their chain doesn’t have the transaction traffic people are hoping for it will sink. It’s a crap shoot, but it’s a fun ride.

They’re expecting a lot of traffic and that traffic will require payments (Thor) to interact with the chain. The dual token could solve the token velocity issue by incentivizing token lockup. They have a lot to live up to and if their chain doesn’t have the transaction traffic people are hoping for it will sink. It’s a crap shoot, but it’s a fun ride.

Yeah. That's interesting.... Neighbor of mine is in sales for a block chain company looking to track inventory for high end auction goods and apparently.vechain contacted them to attempt to motivate them to use them.

Yeah. That's interesting.... Neighbor of mine is in sales for a block chain company looking to track inventory for high end auction goods and apparently.vechain contacted them to attempt to motivate them to use them.

That’s funny. I wonder how they found him and it also makes me wonder how small they’re willing to go. Not saying your buddy’s business isn’t in the millions, but they have multi-billion dollar companies signed up.

$4300..........wondering if I should wait until it gets lower before trying to buy in and ride it up a bit.
There is definately a point where the guys who bought in at 15,000 decided to divest totally so I expect a dip to the 3,000s soon.

On the bright side, pricing of good graphics cards will be great since the used market is going to be flooded with gtx1060s to gtx1080s that the miners have removed from their rigs.

I don't think mining is profitable at $4300.

$4300..........wondering if I should wait until it gets lower before trying to buy in and ride it up a bit.
There is definately a point where the guys who bought in at 15,000 decided to divest totally so I expect a dip to the 3,000s soon.

On the bright side, pricing of good graphics cards will be great since the used market is going to be flooded with gtx1060s to gtx1080s that the miners have removed from their rigs.

I definitely wouldn't be buying it right now , got a ways to fall imo.

It ain't, but also suppliers have made far too many boards, that situation is gonna drop prices. SSDs are set to drop radically .

So, is crypto currency basically a modern tulip phenomenon?

Back