Bitcoin currency of the future?

I have the chance to take a 6 module training course in Blockchain development next week for some $350.

Is it worth it? What career pluses can I get out of it? I work in the IT dept. of an insurance company, and open to the idea of starting a new job/new industry.

I have the chance to take a 6 module training course in Blockchain development next week for some $350.

Is it worth it? What career pluses can I get out of it? I work in the IT dept. of an insurance company, and open to the idea of starting a new job/new industry.

It could be worth. Even if the media calmed down a bit about the cryptocurrencies, plenty of companies and governments are wondering what this thing is and how it works.

Knowing the field better could make you more valuable to higher hierarchies or other companies, even if only on paper.

And maybe you could learn something really useful.

But maybe the most important question here:

Does it interest you?

@SwamiLeoni

Remember how you was hyping vechain despite me pointing out its shitty falling price and you refused to accept it and continued to believe the smoke and mirrors bullshit

You fell for it hard, bet you feel like a mug eh

@SwamiLeoni

Remember how you was hyping vechain despite me pointing out its shitty falling price and you refused to accept it and continued to believe the smoke and mirrors bullshit

You fell for it hard, bet you feel like a mug eh

Lol, you provided no context other than ‘look at its price, that’s why it sucks’. The only reason it has dropped is because they stopped monitoring X-Nodes due to the token swap. Once X-Node monitoring resumes (September 1st) the price will go back up. I don’t blame you for not know because obviously you’re not following VeChain, but that is what’s happening. Not worried in the slightest and just picked up another 1,000 at $1.66.

Lol, you provided no context other than ‘look at its price, that’s why it sucks’. The only reason it has dropped is because they stopped monitoring X-Nodes due to the token swap. Once X-Node monitoring resumes (September 1st) the price will go back up. I don’t blame you for not know because obviously you’re not following VeChain, but that is what’s happening. Not worried in the slightest and just picked up another 1,000 at $1.66.

No helping some people

No helping some people

The only thing that is really applicable, in the scheme of profits, is the relative price to bitcoin during all of this time, as that is the general benchmark and the most common currency one can actuslly sell back into cash.

What help have you provided?

Advised you VeChain was trash as can be seen by the continuing price drops despite all the bills hit and smoke and mirrors which you were balls deep into

You ignored it and the value is less than half it was when I made my comments

Advised you VeChain was trash as can be seen by the continuing price drops despite all the bills hit and smoke and mirrors which you were balls deep into

You ignored it and the value is less than half it was when I made my comments

Again, the price drop is only because they stopped monitoring X-Nodes. Nothing has changed, no news has came out to discredit the project and they just signed a partnership with the Uber of China.

You’d do more help providing ‘why’ you feel VeChain is smoke and mirrors other than ‘look at the price’ because that’s not a valid argument.

FYI, I was in VeChain before it was a $1. I still like the project and will continue to support unless they do something I completely disagree with.

Again, the price drop is only because they stopped monitoring X-Nodes. Nothing has changed, no news has came out to discredit the project and they just signed a partnership with the Uber of China.

You’d do more help providing ‘why’ you feel VeChain is smoke and mirrors other than ‘look at the price’ because that’s not a valid argument.

FYI, I was in VeChain before it was a $1. I still like the project and will continue to support unless they do something I completely disagree with.

Why is there always an excuse

Just watch the price it's perfectly simple

They keep announcing all these great partnerships and innovative stuff yet the price keeps crashing, they feed you excuses and you buy it

Just madness

The price doesn't lie

Why is there always an excuse

Just watch the price it's perfectly simple

They keep announcing all these great partnerships and innovative stuff yet the price keeps crashing, they feed you excuses and you buy it

Just madness

The price doesn't lie

Again, an argument against VeChain by only presenting the current price. Nothing of any substance as usual.

From PWC’s website: https://www.pwccn.com/en/press-room/press-releases/pr-150517.html

From DNVGL’s website: https://www.dnvgl.com/news/dnv-gl-p...rency-from-the-factory-to-the-consumer-110284

Those are two multibillion dollar companies who have their reputations on the line.

VeChain just moved to their own Blockchain and the 101 Authority Nodes have been selected. Give it a couple of months for companies to move from the private chain to the public chain.

I’ll follow DNVGL and PWC’s lead.

Again, an argument against VeChain by only presenting the current price. Nothing of any substance as usual.

From PWC’s website: https://www.pwccn.com/en/press-room/press-releases/pr-150517.html

From DNVGL’s website: https://www.dnvgl.com/news/dnv-gl-p...rency-from-the-factory-to-the-consumer-110284

Those are two multibillion dollar companies who have their reputations on the line.

VeChain just moved to their own Blockchain and the 101 Authority Nodes have been selected. Give it a couple of months for companies to move from the private chain to the public chain.

I’ll follow DNVGL and PWC’s lead.

You're trying to tell me actual numbers and market value is nothing of substsance, good god

Then you present another smoke and mirrors story while the price keeps on dropping

Gullible or what

You're trying to tell me actual numbers and market value is nothing of substsance, good god

Then you present another smoke and mirrors story while the price keeps on dropping

Gullible or what

Not in this market, it’s 100% speculation. There’s nothing to judge any of their worth outside of BTC. I’m not looking at current price, I could care less at the moment. I look at the fundamentals of what they’re doing and take a risk, just like 100% of the people investing are. Nothing is for sure in this game, nothing.

But hey, I’ll give you some VeChain critique outside of just looking at price (which isn’t a great indicator at the moment).

PoA: VeChain is using Proof of Authority as their consensus model. Basically it’s 101 nodes that verify the blocks. It allows for fast transaction speeds on the network in exchange for complete decentralization. Each Authority Node is required to hold $250k VET and they must pass an extensive KYC process to be selected. In order for the chain to be overran 51 nodes must collude. What I don’t like about this model is that if they keep the Authority nodes anonymous it could leave the door open for some nasty behavior. We know PWC & DNVGL are node holders, but who are the other 99? Will VeChain release that information to the public? I hope they do.

Supply Chain Tracking: I’m a Sr. Analyst at a major Aerospace & Defense firm. We’re just starting our Blockchain pilot program. We’re using a well known company who is developing an in-house chain. They’re big, have the money, the partners and expertise to do this. VeChain is a startup that’s only been operating since 2015. There’s a lot of competition in the Supply Chain market because it’s one of Blockchains best use cases. Still, they’re running a private chain and that could be fine for aerospace parts, but that won’t work for consumer goods.

There’s two reasons outside of just the price that have my skeptical antennas up. If you knew anything about the industry, you would have brought that up.

I’ll take PWC and DNVGLs lead on this. They may have a bigger Risk Managment team and expertise that Davem10 on Sherdog.

Bitcoin is almost as popular as...

real_fitness_products_designed_for_gullible_people_04.gif

As far as i am concerned, Bitcoin is the only crypto currency worth owning.

There is nothing more efficient about a blockchain for the vast variety of applications people are trying to apply them to.

Supply chain management?
Just lol. A block chain does nothing that a database does not.

Smart contracts? I have yet to see any use for them in business that something as primative as MySQL + PHP cannot do and do better.

The people that are attempting to "digitize assets" are barking up the wrong tree. There will never be a decentralized way to do this.

Btw, bitcoin is obviously still artificially inflated. Tether has not crashed to be worthless. I am waiting until then to put any more money into bitcoin.

Are the stolen credit card numbers on the deep web legit And worth buying? Asking for a friend

Back