Bitcoin currency of the future?

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by CauseImbetta, Jan 1, 2016.

1. xcvbn

xcvbn Silver Belt Platinum Member

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/15/amazon-is-moving-into-blockchain-with-a-new-partnership.html

Amazon is moving into blockchain with a new partnership
    Pretty massive move here with Amazon AWS partnering up with Consensys.

Reyesnuthugr likes this.
  2. CerebralKnievel

CerebralKnievel Silver Belt

3. xcvbn

Yep. Cuts out all the bullshit so companies can just order a proven and working prebuilt infrastructure to use.

It's exactly what I've been alluding to as hundreds of new blockchains continue to be developed but will ultimately be useless as the vast majority of companies dont want a proprietary solution that's unproven.

And there's also this(Tether competitor):

Cryptocurrency Startup Circle(owned by Goldman Sachs) Raised $110M For Ethereum Coin Backed By U.S. Dollars

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michae...10m-to-build-ethereum-coin-backed-by-dollars/

SwamiLeoni and CerebralKnievel like this.
  4. Reyesnuthugr

Reyesnuthugr Dominick Reyes Belt

Hasn't anyone informed Amazon and Goldman Sachs that blockchain = just another tulip bulb scam?

Seems odd that their lawyers and analysts haven't relayed this to them.

Cid and xcvbn like this.
  5. CerebralKnievel

They were scammed by the Fertittas, clearly.

6. Reyesnuthugr

If they had known that sherdoggers were going to be laughing at them for it, I'm certain Amazon and Goldman Sachs would never have even considered investing themselves in crypto.

CerebralKnievel likes this.
  7. CerebralKnievel

We are the center table of the world's elite. World leaders seek our wisdom. Women seek to birth our children. Men seek to stand in our shadows.

8. SwamiLeoni

SwamiLeoni Silver Belt

Some great stuff out of Consensus today. Really exciting stuff. Wish I was able to watch the live stream, but only caught Sunny Lu and the DNV rep’s 15 minute interview.

9. SwamiLeoni

SwamiLeoni Silver Belt

Lots of Mainnet’s releasing end of this month through the end of June. I might try to throw a $1000 on the pumps for Oyster to Tron to EOS to Origin Trail and see where it takes me.

10. Reyesnuthugr

Is Tron a viable thing now? It used to be ran like a scam coin, are they actually making some kind of progress?

11. SwamiLeoni

SwamiLeoni Silver Belt

The hype has definitely died down and the only thing I know about it is that they copied their white paper from other companies and blamed it on a translation error. As far as I know it’s a shit coin, but it should pump before mainnet.

I follow more than 1 facebook crypto group and people are always shilling it when threads like“if you had $1000 to invest in any coin” are made. I have a feeling that it’s shilled because people just do not understand circulating supply and market cap. They just look at the cost of the coin and think it could get to $5-10. Some lady was shilling EOS saying it would hit $1000 by EOY.

Attached Files:

xcvbn and Reyesnuthugr like this.
  12. xcvbn

SwamiLeoni likes this.
  13. SwamiLeoni

SwamiLeoni Silver Belt

That thread was hilarious to read. Half think Vitalik is helping out of the kindness of his heart and the reality checkers point out he’s mocking Larimer. Good stuff.

xcvbn likes this.
  14. Fraz

Fraz The Larry

Omg when did der eisbar get banned? I need advice on how to waste money right now and he was an expert in that field.

faustian likes this.
  15. CerebralKnievel

Riveting contribution.

16. xcvbn

You can just tell by the EOS dev responses how out of Vitalik's league they are. Which explains why they're months if not a year+ behind in solving scalablility. Worst of all EOS is branded by many uninformed people as an 'Ethereum killer'...it's pathetic. They're behind in development, lack decentralization, and still run on the Ethereum blockchain ffs- how can they possibly be a replacement?

These exaggerated projects will ultimately fail and attention will dial into the few that are actually viable long term. I know some guys in this thread also like VeChain and Tron but they're more of the same that will inevitably fail.

Reyesnuthugr likes this.
  17. SwamiLeoni

SwamiLeoni Silver Belt

I agree with what you’ve said for the most part, but as anyone here knows, I’m heavily invested in VeChain. So much so that after I get home from my business travel I’ll be reallocating some funds from my other coins into VeChain to pick up a strength node. I believe they have a shot at long term viability. Especially with DNV announcing they have purchased a minority stake in the company. When I read that I made up my mind for the strength node. Following the smart money has always been good for me. But to your point, a lot can change when their white paper releases and their code is public.

They’re using POA consensus which doesn’t bother me too much. I prefer a more decentralized network, but having a hybrid for what they’re trying to do isn’t bad either. It was also announced that all Authority Masternodes were enterprise users which makes me feel better.

That said, it’s going to be an interesting month of June and I’m looking forward to it/.

18. SwamiLeoni

SwamiLeoni Silver Belt

19. CerebralKnievel

I'm going to give this a 40/40 chance of success.

20. RagingBeringola

RagingBeringola Purple Belt

I'm less optimistic, but would still give a solid 5/7