bisping's last 16 fights.

Everybody knows the Rockhold win is just a fluke, if Mr. Salty take him seriously the MW division will not be what it supposed to be.

Yeah but he beat a bunch of welterweights to win it. Ross pointon and josh Haynes are natural welterweights. Just couldn't keep the pizza down
Ross was gifted tuf fights he's a nice guy but he has not beaten anyone he's known more for the just bleed fans

dan miller - mediocre fighter at best
yoshihiro akiyama - mediocre at best
Jorge rivera - over the hill journeyman
jason miller - not a top 20 fighter
chael - lost
Brian stann - decent fighter. decent win
Vitor - trt Vitor kicked his eyeball out
Alan belcher - decent fighter. decent win
tim kennedy - smoked bisping
cung le - over the hill old man
rockhold - choked with one arm
cb dollaway - mediocre at best
thales leites - decision coulda gone either way
anderson - shoulda been a loss
rockhold - landed a lucky punch. but still landed it. good on ya
hendo - I thought hendo won. either way, he barely squeaked out a W against a 45 year old.

yeah, I'm sure I'm coming off as a hater. but I'm just not impressed with his career in the past 6-7 years.
Anyone reasonable person will agree with you. But you can tell the lifelong Bisping fans and UK fans are gushing over it worse than when Forrest became LHW champ. Bisping has been a gatekeeper his whole career, and out of dumb luck, became champ after sticking around for too long. He'll never be in contention for record breaking title defenses, unless he keeps fighting top 20 fighters like he's planning on doing.

Lol 43? I think 44 gonzaga

Randy is a grappler(yeah technically Hendo too,but he basically never wrestled in the last 2 or 3 years of his career,searching only for that H-Bomb) and started fighting at 34 years old. Hendo started at 27. Age is important but mileage is probably even more important.

Also,picking Randy as an example is unfair. He is an exception,not a rule. It's like saying size doesn't matter because Frankie Edgar did excellent without weight cutting. Couture and Edgar are great because they did DESPITE their disadvantages.

People saying Bisping landed a fluke punch are just kind of pathetic at this point. Let's just ignore the fact that both Bisping and his boxing coach Jason Parillo predicted a left hook KO before the fight. Or how Bisping walked everyone through how he trained it over and over, explaining how Rockhold always drops his right to his waist after throwing his check hook or a jab.

Randy is a grappler(yeah technically Hendo too,but he basically never wrestled in the last 2 or 3 years of his career,searching only for that H-Bomb) and started fighting at 34 years old. Hendo started at 27. Age is important but mileage is probably even more important.

Also,picking Randy as an example is unfair. He is an exception,not a rule. It's like saying size doesn't matter because Frankie Edgar did excellent without weight cutting. Couture and Edgar are great because they did DESPITE their disadvantages.
dan is an exception to the rules,the guy fought from ww to hw,and stayed competitive into his 40s.

He was a gatekeeper for years, but then the stars aligned for him and became world champ.

why do people keep saying henderson was 50 when they fought again? and why do people always say rocksalt choked him out with one arm and not mention he nearly decapatatied bisping with a kick before the choke?

People also conveniently forget that Rockhold didn't do shit to Bisping before the accidental head butt. He was also competitive in every fight he lost except the Tim Kennedy fight.

Back