Biggest "what if" moments in MMA

What if Pride stayed in business?

What if the UFC somehow got a huge name like Mike Tyson or De La Hoya in their infancy?

What if Royce never left?

What if that Dana/Tito boxing match actually happened?

What if the UFC stayed old school rules, no rounds, no weight classes, tournament style? Who would the best fighter be under those rules?

And probably the biggest by far: What if the UFC couldn't find a buyer and folded in the 90's? Would it stay as an obscure foreign sport in Brazil and Japan? Would another org have risen from the ashes in the US? Could it have been even bigger under a more structured NFL/NBA style model?

Last edited:
What are your biggest "what if" moments/scenarios?

For me it's:

What if Jon Jones hadn't been in PEDs?

And

What if Anderson Silva didn't clown around with Teh Chrees
What if RDA didn't pull out from certain death vs Condor?

What if Rampage used his wrestling offensively and checked leg kicks? I'll tell you what.... He'd be the GOAT in MMA

What if the ref let Chael go until the end of the round against Jones.
That's the biggest "what if " in the history of the sport, no question. The fact Jon was even active and fighting after that injury is a testament to the savage he really is.

What if Diaz actually cared about fighting after coming over from Strikeforce.

What if Bob Sapp had been serious and not been kicked to near death experiences in K1.

The Jon Jones question is the biggest one for Daniel Cormier, if he really believes that he lost because of Turinabol, then I guess whatever protects his soul is best. LOL

Anderson Silva lost to Chris twice. That question doesn't need to be asked.
I mean silva didn't really lose, he was fooling around because he was winning hand then broke his leg, lol it's not like Weidman actually beat him off of skill

What if Shogun was always healthy or BJ was always motivated.

What if Vitor didn't let up and broke jones arm, I don't think he'd come back from that mentally.

What if Conor didn't duck Frankie and Frankie could have prevented his whole thing from happening and hurting the ufc?

What if Jardine hadnt schooled Rashad on how to beat Chuck.

What if Shogun didnt have bad kneees.

The Jon Jones question is the biggest one for Daniel Cormier, if he really believes that he lost because of Turinabol, then I guess whatever protects his soul is best. LOL

Anderson Silva lost to Chris twice. That question doesn't need to be asked.

Like it or not, it WILL always be asked about both fights

Had Nick Diaz stayed with the UFC the whole time as oppose to leaving the UFC around 2006 despite being on a two fight win streak.

He would have not been able to avoid wrestlers and top ranked WWs and would have not built the fan base he did. He never would have gotten to fight GSP or Anderson, and if he somehow did, no one would give him a chance at winning

I mean silva didn't really lose, he was fooling around because he was winning hand then broke his leg, lol it's not like Weidman actually beat him off of skill

He did really lose. He got knocked out. It's a loss on his record.

I'll agree that Silva's two losses to Weidman were somewhat strange (especially the second one).

However, if you look at Silva's career after Weidman vs Silva I & II, & then Weidman's career after Weidman vs Silva I & II, you see evidence that Silva had lost a step, & that Weidman was a legit fighter in his prime. So that makes me believe even though their two fights were flukey, they were still accurate representations of who was the better fighter at the time.

What if the absolute WORST thing in MMA wouldn’t have happened? You know....what if my fav fighter of all time, Mirko Cro Cop didn’t get kicked in the fucking head by a BJJ fighter? Mmmm mmmm mmmm idk. What if? Could you have imagined Cro Cop vs Brock??

What if the UFC actually cared about they're fighters and pay them fairly?

Back