Biggest "what if" moments in MMA

What if Pride was originally intended to be a gay rights organization, but there was so much hate towards it at the time that there would be massive fights that broke out during Pride rallies. It was so bad to a point where the meaning of the Pride events changed from celebrating gay rights to gay body builders fighting each other.

That's the best what if scenario I can think of.

What if Julian Lane had been allowed to bang bro?

It would have calmed him down and allowed him to think clearly for 5 minutes.

what if MVP fights Platinum?

what if Semtex fights Platinum?

would love to see that shit like right now

Jon Jones tested positive for T-bol and that is it. Anderson lost twice to Chris. The questions were answered. Chris broke his leg. It wasn't a freak accident. Winning by damage is part of the scoring system in MMA.

You don't seem to understand the point of the thread at all

What if Brock never had that severe illness in the stomach and was 100% after UFC 100.. would he have reigned for years.
Nah, Brock has no heart. He can't handle being hit even if his chin is a blessing from god himself.

What if Luke Kumho(sp???) ate meat

What are your biggest "what if" moments/scenarios?

For me it's:

What if Jon Jones hadn't been in PEDs?

And

What if Anderson Silva didn't clown around with Teh Chrees
the biggest one for me is, what if Royce hadnt lost some of his prime years during his exile?

another one:
what if Pride didnt suicide SAKU GOAT?

Last edited:
You don't seem to understand the point of the thread at all
I do. However, some questions don't need to be asked, because the answers were conclusive.

If you want to ask, what if RDA didn't break his foot and faced Conor? Would Conor KO him due to his terrible weight cuts or would he have choked Conor silly, and beaten him on the rematch (I don't think RDA will throw a fight for money like Nate Diaz) or maybe RDA would have had a bad weight cut on the rematch.

That is a real "what if question" because it leads down a rabbit hole of hypothetical alternative universe outcomes.

I am encouraging Sherdoggers to be smarter and ask more interesting questions, by shutting down the not so interesting ones.

The question is even bigger for Gus, because it is very reasonable to believe Jones was on PEDs against him as well and Jones still arguably lost.
Nope. It is not reasonable to think that, because both fighters were tested and there were no flags.

If you are going to say Jon Jones was on PEDs versus Gus, then somebody can say Gus was also on PEDs.

Only positive tests count, if the test is negative then the fighter is negative. The only time Jon Jones tested positive after a fight was versus DC following UFC214.

I think clowing the first fight is on Anderson so I also agree for that fight that is on him...he decided to go with that game plan and failed, the second fight was Bad luck though, however, no doubt Silva looked to have aged as well and it could easly ended the same way as before.
Anderson fought the same way he always fights and was KO'd. The second fight he threw a kick, Chris Weidman checked it, and broke Anderson in half.

Damage is part of the scoring system in MMA. I will take Anderson Silva's legacy over Chris Weidman's, but Chris beat him fair and square on two occasions.

It is not a question that needs to be asked by a person with some objectivity.

To me, it's what if Ronda lost to Liz in the very first ufc wmma fight.

Would we still be trying this silly experiment?

what if pride was never purchased by zuffa?

Last edited:
What if BJ didnt get robbed in the first Edgar fight?

He did really lose. He got knocked out. It's a loss on his record.

I'll agree that Silva's two losses to Weidman were somewhat strange (especially the second one).

However, if you look at Silva's career after Weidman vs Silva I & II, & then Weidman's career after Weidman vs Silva I & II, you see evidence that Silva had lost a step, & that Weidman was a legit fighter in his prime. So that makes me believe even though their two fights were flukey, they were still accurate representations of who was the better fighter at the time.
Not really silva was winning the first fight and then literally let himself get knocked out. Part of the reason he lost or hasn't been the same is that he was afraid to kick with the leg he broke which was a main tool. Also let's be real, he honstely won against bisping, he even kind of knocked him out. Then he loses to Cormier, the champion in the weight class above him who has finished people like rumble twice, and lasted and even hurt Cormier. Lol

What if Arlovski hadn't tried that flying knee on Emelianenko? I think there's a pretty big chance he would've beaten him.

He was outclassing him badely before that. It didn't need even look competive. That's got to be one of his biggest "why the f did I do that "moments in life lol

What if Alavrez vs Poirier didnt get stopped early

Back