Big John mistake... should it be reversed/changed to NC?

Whether it was a low blow or not, I found it pretty funny how quickly he went from being flat on the floor and unresponsive to walking around and protesting the stoppage. Apparently the fighters dont need 5 minutes they just need a good scare.

It's likely adrenalin. He was after all just told he lost a fight for being kicked in the groin.

Last edited:
It's amazing how so many people can see so many different things from that same damn video. No wonder there's so much controversy over the Kennedy shooting. People are retarded.

If you watch the slow mo gif you can see Greens leg made initial contact with Krause's leg and dragged up over his groin to just below the belt line. Considering there's an audible sound of the cup being impacted there's almost no doubt contact was made.

How could someone see watch this gif and not see the cup getting hit? We can actually see the cup move on impact.

This clearly hit the cup and should been a DQ for green or at worse a NC. Krause has never been knocked down or tko in his career and you honestly think a kick to the body would drop him like that? Clearly it hit his tender ass balls and he dropped from that... Krause has integrity and isn't trying to find a way out of the fight that he was in no danger of losing.

Lmao people actually believe that the 3rd was not a low blow?
You have some serious vision issues I suggest you go do something about that.

Lmao people actually believe that the 3rd was not a low blow?
You have some serious vision issues I suggest you go do something about that.

You would think it would be obvious.... but even Dana White said he thought it was legal. Sad, but true

1.If this was the first kick no way anyone would say this is a low blow.

2.Green didn't target the growing area at all it's clear he was going for the stomach.So why is everyone acting like he's dirty?.

3.Even if it tipped the top of the cup no way it constituted that reaction. For balls and penis are not one with the cup. The junk would be far lower then the top of the cup.

4.The kick maybe glanced the top of the pubic region where the cup can sit if it's high and loose.

5. If everyone is going to listen to Joe Rogan then how come no one listened to the part where he mentioned earlier that his cup was loose Which is why you see it move so easily, thats on him not green

6. Dude dove with his hand on his crotch, then when fell down his arms were too the side not covering his crotch.

7. Dude then shot up right after to dispute in no pain.

8. Big John is not one too take shit lightly he's the most intense ref around been straight by the book since the first UFC's. But he's Also not one to be played a fool. He probably also thought this guy was fighting for the troops and acted like a blatant P***Y in front of them. Trying to milk a shot that he saw was clearly and exaggeration he's been doing this for 20 years has seen 100's of nut kicks and can differentiate between a lowblow and shot to the stomach.

Also in the times I've been severely kicked in the junk. The general reaction is straight to fetal position. Because you feel like you have to take the most massive shit and you want to cup your balls at the same time.

Never have I seen anyone in my life fall flat like they got Ko'd from the hit to the cup region.

I think John handled the situation poorly. While it might be correct that the blow was legal, the decision to call it off immediately lacked a bit of fingerspitzengef

I think John handled the situation poorly. While it might be correct that the blow was legal, the decision to call it off immediately lacked a bit of fingerspitzengef

Last edited:
1.If this was the first kick no way anyone would say this is a low blow.
Yes we would... because it hit the cup. But theoretical points are silly to begin with.

2.Green didn't target the growing area at all it's clear he was going for the stomach.So why is everyone acting like he's dirty?.
When as what you're targeting ever mattered for low-blows? No one has ever said "I'm gonna kick this f#cker in the nuts."

3.Even if it tipped the top of the cup no way it constituted that reaction. For balls and penis are not one with the cup. The junk would be far lower then the top of the cup.
Why don't you go to a gym, get kicked in the nuts twice, then have someone kid the front of the cup with their shin... remember to record it so we can see how you react.

4.The kick maybe glanced the top of the pubic region where the cup can sit if it's high and loose.
It hit the cup. That's what matters. It started from below, clashed with the cup, lifted it, and then struck the very-low stomach..

5. If everyone is going to listen to Joe Rogan then how come no one listened to the part where he mentioned earlier that his cup was loose Which is why you see it move so easily, thats on him not green
Didn't hear the announcing and I assume others were either at bars or had the sound off as well. But nice try. No amount of loose cup makes up for kicking a man in the dick three times.

6. Dude dove with his hand on his crotch, then when fell down his arms were too the side not covering his crotch.
If you've ever been kicked in the balls multiple times, you probably fall rather fast. I've been hit twice in a single soccer match. The second time I dropped pretty quickly because I knew what pain was coming.

7. Dude then shot up right after to dispute in no pain.
This assertion doesn't matter because the kick hit the cup. But wouldn't it make sense he dropped because he felt the cup get hit? We all know there is the moment you get hit, then a usual slight delay... but if you've already be struck twice, any pain or knock will drop you pretty f'n fast.

8. Big John is not one too take shit lightly he's the most intense ref around been straight by the book since the first UFC's. But he's Also not one to be played a fool. He probably also thought this guy was fighting for the troops and acted like a blatant P***Y in front of them. Trying to milk a shot that he saw was clearly and exaggeration he's been doing this for 20 years has seen 100's of nut kicks and can differentiate between a lowblow and shot to the stomach.

The "p***y" was kicked in the balls three times. Even Green Berets cringe at that. Hell, unless you're a shaolin monk you are going to cringe at one, let a lone three. BJM was dead wrong in his decision. I really like the guy as a ref but that was a shit call.

For those who think it was a clean shot, wouldn't Bobby Green have known whether it was a clean shot or not? If HE thought it was a clean shot, why didn't he jump on Krause to pound him out instead of immediately looking to the referee? Can someone who thinks the shot was clean please explain Bobby's reaction immediately after the "perfectly legal" kick? I'll hang up and listen off air.

Looked fairly clean, but you can clearly hear it hit his cup...

I never saw or heard it hit the cup and I'm willing to swear by that.

But I also didn't watch the fight, so I might be biased.

Also in the times I've been severely kicked in the junk. The general reaction is straight to fetal position. Because you feel like you have to take the most massive shit and you want to cup your balls at the same time.

Never have I seen anyone in my life fall flat like they got Ko'd from the hit to the cup region.

sorry man, but reactions vary from person to person.

heck, I recall watching in amusement as Rich Franklin jumped like a frog when he was hit (against Wandi). Go watch that reaction and you tell me it was not since he didn't go to fetal position

I still laugh at all you kids who thought McCarthy was ever a good ref.

IMO he's the most overrated refs ever.

Even Lavigne is head & shoulders better then him.

I still laugh at all you kids who thought McCarthy was ever a good ref.

IMO he's the most overrated refs ever.

Even Lavigne is head & shoulders better then him.

Do you realy think that calling BJM a bad ref makes you look smart?

There's a saying: if you think some people are crazy, they might be. But when EVERYONE around you is crazy, the crazy might be YOU!

BJM is not only liked by the fans. He is one of the most knowledgeable referees in this sport and it is by everyone's perspective.

Even if you do not think he is the best, he is still a top ref. Calling him bad just makes anything you say something to be dismissed....

Big John thinks he part of the show. What fight was it where he was basically helping a fighter knee a guy, because the fighter was in a position where he could not personally see if the fighter was putting his hand on the mat or not, there for making him a down opponent. So what does John do? Become the fighters eyes, and starts quickly calling when his hand was down or up. Basically coaching the fighter.

Back