Big John mistake... should it be reversed/changed to NC?

He didn't demand shit. He told him to stop milking it like a troll and to take his 5 minute rest properly. He then proceeded to NOT take the 5 minutes.

Yeah he did he does it all the time, BJM upstages fighters all the time and its not up to BJM to tell a fighter the best position for the fighter to recover from a foul from.

What a shit show that was. Demanding Krause get up and stop complaining after the 2nd low blow... the ridiculous point deduction... then not hearing or seeing a foot hit his cup from 5 feet away and claiming it didn't.

Big John was an absolute disaster.

I think this might be the key. I don't know exactly what Krause and Big John said to each other after that second nutshot, but it looked like John got his ego hurt because Krause questioned his authority/reffing. The dude got two clear kicks to the groin in one round; I'd be pissed too. Instead of being the disciplined, experienced professional who's trained to de-escalate crises in the ring, John gets his jimmies severely rustled and lets his anger at Krause possibly affect the outcome of the fight? What the fuck?

The third kick looked borderline but it sounded like a cup hit and did appear that at least part of Green's foot hit Krause's cup. Frankly, I think the guy who's already suffered two obvious groin-shots in the same round should get the benefit of the doubt.

I think the claim that the third kick couldn't have been very painful because Krause jumped up after John's stoppage is also pretty silly. Was Scott Smith healthy just because he knocked out Pete Sell after Sell crushed him with that brutal body shot? Adrenaline does funny things, and I'd imagine Krause had plenty of it hearing that he was going to lose a fight that he took three groin-shots in.

I lost a lot of respect for Big John last night.

Yeah he did he does it all the time, BJM upstages fighters all the time and its not up to BJM to tell a fighter the best position for the fighter to recover from a foul from.

Actually, he's entitled to tell them where to go in the octagon.

Nobody cares if he's sick and tired. He had his chance to recover twice and the other guy got a point deducted. He then proceeded to drop like a sack of doorknobs when the third kick hit his belt line and may have skimmed his cup.

Skimmed the cup? There's a video on this thread where the audio has an obvious thud thats not grazing the cup. And if Green would have quit kicking him in the nuts he would have nothing to sick and tired of

Actually, he's entitled to tell them where to go in the octagon.

No he's not. The corner was not coaching Krause and if Krause wants to sit while recovering from a foul he has that right. You wouldn't hear Herzog, Goddard, or Dean demanding a fighter to stand up right after a nut shot.

No he's not. The corner was not coaching Krause and if Krause wants to sit while recovering from a foul he has that right. You wouldn't hear Herzog, Goddard, or Dean demanding a fighter to stand up right after a nut shot.

Yes, he is. When he stops the action he can order a fighter to move.

It was NOT a low blow.

You should try using eyeballs to see things. Works like a charm. There's only two pics and a gif that show it absolutely hit the cup..... cup = low blow.

It shouldn't be reversed since it wasn't a mistake. It was a legal blow.

But it doesn't really land there, so I'm not sure what's the point.

Toes dig into the thigh, so logically shin/feet cannot really make much contact with cup.

Then leg keeps going higher and hits his gut.

But really, the problem is that abdomen was probably close enough after two shots to the nads.

Dude should have rested longer after the second low blow, but hindsight is always 100%, I guess.
now tactic: fighters will start clipping their opponents dick tips, then following to the body.. because its perfectly legal
:rolleyes:

now tactic: fighters will start clipping their opponents dick tips, then following to the body.. because its perfectly legal
:rolleyes:

Why not? Just uppercut through to the stomach. Hell, with that logic you can use your inside-leg kick to kick the inner thigh by taking a route DIRECTLY though the balls. Just as long as you hit something non-ball/dick related, right idiots-who-think-its-not-an-illegal-strike?

i thought it was an illegal strike. obviously below the belt line and appears to graze the cup.

Whether it was a low blow or not, I found it pretty funny how quickly he went from being flat on the floor and unresponsive to walking around and protesting the stoppage. Apparently the fighters dont need 5 minutes they just need a good scare.

BYb0EBWIYAACnoq.jpg:large

This is on or above the belt line? Guess I need better glasses.

And I made money off a TKO win for green LOL

Great picture of a toe hitting his thigh before the kick landed. very good evidence here.

No there really should be a reviewing process for extreme cases. Like when Anthony Johnson got his eye gouged out and it was ruled a TKO even though he had been repeatedly fouled.

Ref's are not all seeing and mistakes happen. We shouldn't treat their word as gospel. Neither should we nitpick though, save it for the serious mistakes

Erick Silva shouldn't have a loss to Prater either, but shit happens. If that didn't get overturned, this one won't.

Apparently you didn't watch the bellator fight last weekend because that is EXACTLY what Jason Herzog did. And the ref can and should instruct them to move to a neutral corner, regardless of whether or not their corner is speaking to them.

Whether it was a low blow or not, I found it pretty funny how quickly he went from being flat on the floor and unresponsive to walking around and protesting the stoppage. Apparently the fighters dont need 5 minutes they just need a good scare.

Yep, this was stated by several people already but it is pretty much ignored. For a second, I thought Big John stopped the fight because he thought Kraus was faking it. (see: Unified Rules-Fouls #23- Timidity) Then I realized he called it as a TKO stoppage.

I can't believe some of you don't think that was a low blow. You can hear it clear as day. Just because the toe might have hit on the belt line, it doesn't excuse the rest of the foot hitting the cup. (Similarly, just because Eric Silva's hands might have been wrapping around and hitting near an ear, it doesn't excuse his entire forearm from slamming into the illegal back of the head area: any impact to that spot is illegal regardless).

Back