Better sniper Carlos "white feather" Hathcock or Chris Kyle?

Carlos Hathcock was probably one of the most well known snipers in American military history no matter what branch you're in. If you're in the shooting club, you've heard of him. His book is one of my top books about Vietnam from the individual experience.

He did lose my respect when he went and did some bullshit story about how "impossible" the JFK assassination shooting was and how Lee Harvey Oswald couldn't have made those basic shots. It's just such bullshit. Even a basic bitch Marine with a pizzabox can hit a human sized target at under 100 yards.

Kyle was a fucktard who likely was crazy and shot indiscriminately.

this was hard being ARMY because one was a filthy gyrene and the other a walrus(all respect both patriots I admire and respect)

But id have to go with Hathcock because he mounted a hunting scope on a M-2 fifty cal and capped a fool from a bout a mile away. What say you?

And the fist person to bring up the Russian female sniper from the battle of Leningrad is a communist heathen.
i remember seeing a show on those WWII snipers, some of them russians had near on 500 kills each, i googled this cunt Simo Häyhä could have had 700 russian kills during the russian/finnish war whenever the fuck that was

The guy who didn't get offed by his buddy is probably the better one. just sayin

this was hard being ARMY because one was a filthy gyrene and the other a walrus(all respect both patriots I admire and respect)

But id have to go with Hathcock because he mounted a hunting scope on a M-2 fifty cal and capped a fool from a bout a mile away. What say you?

And the fist person to bring up the Russian female sniper from the battle of Leningrad is a communist heathen.

Do we have archival photo of Harhcocks M-2?

It would be so rad to see a Machine gun with scope

The White Death,and that canadian guy who hit his target from 2 miles away.

Carlos Hathcock was probably one of the most well known snipers in American military history no matter what branch you're in. If you're in the shooting club, you've heard of him. His book is one of my top books about Vietnam from the individual experience.

He did lose my respect when he went and did some bullshit story about how "impossible" the JFK assassination shooting was and how Lee Harvey Oswald couldn't have made those basic shots. It's just such bullshit. Even a basic bitch Marine with a pizzabox can hit a human sized target at under 100 yards.

Well , slightly more difficult than " hitting a human sized target at 100 yards"

It was a moving target for one

Scored a head shot and a neck shot

Was using a bolt action rifle

Not an impossible shot , I mean someone obviously made it. I think more people than not have a worse showing than that in those circumstances though.

Well , slightly more difficult than " hitting a human sized target at 100 yards"

It was a moving target for one

Scored a head shot and a neck shot

Was using a bolt action rifle

Not an impossible shot , I mean someone obviously made it. I think more people than not have a worse showing than that in those circumstances though.

It wasn't much more difficult, and let's not forget that he missed a shot entirely. Hathcock claiming that they couldn't recreate this shot is just fucking absurd. That attack was completely in the realm of plausible shooting.

This is what it would look like to Oswald during the assassination. Hardly a difficult shot.

And let's not forget that modern ballistics points to the depository window as the location of the shooting.

Edit : And let's also not forget that LHO murdered a police officer in front of a witness afterwards, which led to his arrest in the first place. That's how he was caught. So if he's a patsy, why did he just happen to blast a cop minutes later after fleeing from the source of the shooting?

Last edited:
It wasn't much more difficult, and let's not forget that he missed a shot entirely. Hathcock claiming that they couldn't recreate this shot is just fucking absurd. That attack was completely in the realm of plausible shooting.

This is what it would look like to Oswald during the assassination. Hardly a difficult shot.

And let's not forget that modern ballistics points to the depository window as the location of the shooting.

Edit : And let's also not forget that LHO murdered a police officer in front of a witness afterwards, which led to his arrest in the first place. That's how he was caught. So if he's a patsy, why did he just happen to blast a cop minutes later after fleeing from the source of the shooting?

Who said anything about a patsy? My comments are mainly to take exception with your claim that its an elementary level shot.

I shoot a lot of bolt action rifles dude, and have a pretty good idea of what they are capable of and how fast most people can run them. I don't own anything nearly as shitty and rough as that Carcanno rifle Oswald had , and I'm quite sure my modern Nikons and leupolds are leagues above whatever piece of shit 1950s era optic he was using. I wouldn't feel confident that id pull that shot off cold in those circumstances with that equipment.

Just saying that most people aren't gonna hit a volleyball 2 outta 3 times in 6 seconds while its moving at 10 mph with a sloppy bolt gun and shit scope. Add in the extreme stress of that situation, and its hardly a fish in a barrel scenario.

Honestly Your time with a Semi auto M4 shooting at stationary silhouette targets makes you and I about equivalent experts on the matter.

Who said anything about a patsy? My comments are mainly to take exception with your claim that its an elementary level shot.

I shoot a lot of bolt action rifles dude, and have a pretty good idea of what they are capable of and how fast most people can run them. I don't own anything nearly as shitty and rough as that Carcanno rifle Oswald had , and I'm quite sure my modern Nikons and leupolds are leagues above whatever piece of shit 1950s era optic he was using. I wouldn't feel confident that id pull that shot off cold in those circumstances with that equipment.

Just saying that most people aren't gonna hit a volleyball 2 outta 3 times in 6 seconds while its moving at 10 mph with a sloppy bolt gun and shit scope. Add in the extreme stress of that situation, and its hardly a fish in a barrel scenario.

Honestly Your time with a Semi auto M4 shooting at stationary silhouette targets makes you and I about equivalent experts on the matter.

I happen to shoot a lot of bolt actions also! It's completely possible for someone to run that weapon like he did, especially an owner. Sure, if you put someone who's never handled the weapon system before, they will likely run it slower than he did. That's ignoring the fact that he purchased the weapon new, so any wear on the weapon is from him using it. Which means he was most likely proficient in the weapon system and any "shitty" parts of the rifle were something he was intimately familiar with.

And anyone calling the weapon shit pretending like a rough looking firearm isn't a deadly firearm clearly hasn't seen the weapon systems being used in the world today. I've found some shit fucking rifles in caches overseas that would fire perfectly straight for that distance. And I've actually done a decent amount of shooting on moving targets. The target isn't moving out of his scope that quickly from the angle it was moving away from him.

Let's also not forget that he probably wasn't aiming at the President's head. He would have at least been trained to fire center of mass. He likely hit higher than he actually aimed, either by chance, luck, or idiocy. So he was most likely aiming at a target way larger than a volleyball.

Combine that with the fact that 3 shell casings from the rifle were found there. The rifle was found there. He brought something shaped like a rifle into work that day. He ran from the scene. He murdered a cop who pulled him over after fleeing from the scene. And a dozen people heard the shots and claimed to see his rifle in that exact window. Then modern ballistics clearly show that to be the origin of the shots.

I'm sorry, but Carlos Hathcock is a fucking clown for saying that shit. You're talking about a man who made a shot at 2500 yards with a fucking heavy machine gun converted to a long range weapon claiming he couldn't hit a human sized target at 100 yards moving at jogging speed straight away from him? Just fucking absurd. That was an elementary shot for anyone trained to shoot at humans hundreds of yards away with iron sights.

I'm sure there was a deeper conspiracy with Jack Ruby and some other people, but LHO definitely made those shots for whatever reason.

I suspect some of Hathcock's stories were at least embellished if not complete fabrications. He might not believe others could make shots because he knew he had stretched the truth about his.

How do you know which snipers are telling the truth? Aren't they out there alone? I mean sure, they can make up all kinds of stories about almost being stepped or almost being bit by a viper, but really we're depending on the sniper himself to tell the truth.

I know in some cases the spotter can verify things, so that's a little better. But even then it's the word of 2 guys. I mean even Frank Dux has friends that claim they witnessed his kumite victories so it is possible to convince your buddies to back up your BS story.

The thing with Jesse the body Ventura is many seals from the Vietnam era resent UDT members claiming to be Seals because Seals were actually in the jungle doing Recon and ambushing Charlie

UDT's from what I can gather weren't

So Jesse the body's going around saying seal this and seal that and the fact that UDT from the nam era are recognized as Seals by the department of the Gayv I mean Navy lead to some heartburn by some Seals

I ran into one of those UDT-SEAL men in a tavern. When I told him I was a military veteran he kept on buying me drinks at the bar.

The guy who didn't get offed by his buddy is probably the better one. just sayin
Just FYI but Kyle wasn't killed by his " buddy ". It was a guy he barely knew that was introduced to him by a friend on the same day he and that friend were killed by the crazy ass dude.

The thing with Jesse the body Ventura is many seals from the Vietnam era resent UDT members claiming to be Seals because Seals were actually in the jungle doing Recon and ambushing Charlie

UDT's from what I can gather weren't

So Jesse the body's going around saying seal this and seal that and the fact that UDT from the nam era are recognized as Seals by the department of the Gayv I mean Navy lead to some heartburn by some Seals
I've softened a bit on Ventura's claim of being a SeAL (in his defense, SQT didn't exist at the time) but he damn sure wasn't one during his time in Southeast Asia, that's for sure. They even asked for volunteers for the teams and he never stepped up. He served with a team but not overseas. "You haven't lived until you've hunted man" my ass...

chuck_shirt_zps627xgeff.jpg

If no one has mentioned him yet the answer is the white death Simo "Simuna" Häyhä

.....nevermind he was mentioned about 15 times

Did Chris Kyle even snipe enemy officers or just mow down anything with a rag on its head?

Back