Better sniper Carlos "white feather" Hathcock or Chris Kyle?

He is GOAT but he has the best possible conditions of being in a clear snowy mountainous terrain picking off the Russian army who were under armed and sent bodies at bullets

Still think he's GOAT off accomplishments but I think hathcock could've killed at least the same amount in the same situation

Edit: my bad that that was simo. Both simo and hathcock>>>>

Simo Häyhä had 505 kills over 100 days, Vasily Zietsev has 202 over 90

zaitsev.jpg

carlos_h2.jpg

Hathcock murks him and Simo all day long.

Sniper training had advanced since Simo and VS in WWII -and Carlos had to go out and murk trained enemy snipers during nam in their own jungle. That's some srs shit.

PLUS, Gunny Hathcock had to balls to wear a white feather in his cap....
A sniper who wore a white feather... thats balls

Have to agree with the white feather it didn't exactly bode well for concealment purposes but yes it was friggin Schweet

Hathcock is the better sniper. Chris Kyle was known to bullshit quite a bit.

carlos_h2.jpg

Hathcock murks him and Simo all day long.

Sniper training had advanced since Simo and VS in WWII -and Carlos had to go out and murk trained enemy snipers during nam in their own jungle. That's some srs shit.
Simo and Vasily also had enemy snipers after them. Hell the Russians started to bomb areas where they thought Simo was in.
Hard to compare the 3 really, one was in finnish-russian forests during winter, one in vietnamese jungles with hot temperatures and one in a ruined & bombed city during winter. Different equipment, different opponents, different places they made their name in.

Simo Häyhä had 505 kills over 100 days, Vasily Zietsev has 202 over 90

That's why I said simo>>>>

If you read the bottom of my post, I had the picture confused and clarified that I was talking about simo

Simo is the GOAT in terms of raw numbers but he was in the best possible conditions to kill as many as possible

Hathcock didn't kill as many but he was in extremely difficult conditions and had to infiltrate enemy territory rather than hide in his and shoot all intruders

If you read the bottom of my post, I had the picture confused and clarified that I was talking about simo

Simo is the GOAT in terms of raw numbers but he was in the best possible conditions to kill as many as possible

Hathcock didn't kill as many but he was in extremely difficult conditions and had to infiltrate enemy territory rather than hide in his and shoot all intruders

PLUS he did it with iron sights... thats fucking amazing right there

Simo and Vasily also had enemy snipers after them. Hell the Russians started to bomb areas where they thought Simo was in.
Hard to compare the 3 really, one was in finnish-russian forests during winter, one in vietnamese jungles with hot temperatures and one in a ruined & bombed city during winter. Different equipment, different opponents, different places they made their name in.

All are badass -but Carlos did it in the enemy's own backyard and went up against trained enemy counter snipers that would have been familiar with the techniques of VS and Simo. Another thing that makes Carlos intriguing is the confirmation of much of his 'legend' whereas with Simo and VS there's potentially a lot of misinformation.

Carlos has 93 confirmed kills confirmed by a 3rd party -but by his own estimation and his spotters (which I don't think he always had) he's possibly closer to 300/400. I've read tons about all 3 guys, but Hathcocks stories always seem more impressive to me due to the fact that most of what you read about him is the confirmed stuff.

Last edited:

The numbers for Simo and VS can't be confirmed tho. Using the exact confirmation for numbers that Simo and VS used puts Carlos at around 300/400 kills. But that's based off his own word and so on.

For example, it's rumored that for morale the Russians greatly exaggerated VS's numbers for propaganda.

Whitefeather.

Two totally different snipers and two totally different eras too. Gunny is the epitome of what it meant to be a sniper. Stalking, long distance shots, etc.

Kyle's MOUT sniping was a target rich environment but he was still talented as shit.

Gunny Hathcock. I've always been a fan of White Feather.

Anybody that takes a mission with the information "you'll probably die" gets my vote.

that Finnish dude that had his face blown off >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Back