Beto for Texas senate, Lyin Ted get out

Bring up the Hillary-Trump polls incessantly... ignore the 200 other times polls were correct.

<mma4>

There was nothing wrong with the election polls. They were accurate.

It's a huge misconception that they weren't.

What i took offense however is you peddling ignorance of polls and attacking the very foundational science of statistics by claiming that the polls were wrong when they were within margin of error.

I'm not arguing the polls right before the election were innaccurate. That's what 7437 is attempting, and failing, to do.

I'm arguing that the scientific Houston University poll from Oct 19th, almost 3 weeks before the election was incredibly off. There's no way any nominee could nosedive with likely voters from -3 (within the margin of error) to -9.3 on election night.

And the polls taken now, 6 weeks out, are just as irrelevant in 2018.

But we can estimate as deep red as Texas is, and Cruz is more popular than Trump according to the 2016 primary there, and the recent events regaurding the debate and yesterday's harassment with Cruz's wife and daughters... well, as I said previously, everyone can believe what they want.

I'm arguing that the scientific Houston University poll from Oct 19th, almost 3 weeks before the election was incredibly off. There's no way any nominee could nosedive with likely voters from -3 (within the margin of error) to -9.3 on election night.

Why is it impossible?

How much did Roy Moore fell when he was outed as a teen girls predator?

There was nothing wrong with the election polls. They were accurate.

It's a huge misconception that they weren't.

Yeah, the popular vote poll got plenty of attention but the state (electoral college) polls had it as more or less a toss up and were mostly ignored.

Even overlooking this, it's pretty bizarre that people think polls are worthless.

Yeah, the popular vote poll got plenty of attention but the state (electoral college) polls had it as more or less a toss up and were mostly ignored.

Even overlooking this, it's pretty bizarre that people think polls are worthless.

The only thing way out there were a lot of the projections that people like to tout.

Showing Hillary 98% chance to win, etc.

But projections are literally just guesses and assumption based on some real data. That doesn't make the projections all bogus either.

538 for example had Trump at a 31% win in their projection, which if you ask me is about as spot on as you can get with the data we had at the time.

Trump won the election with 70,000 votes in 3 states... and those states all had incredibly accurate polling showing Trump +1 or Hillary +1-3.. all within margin of error.

The projections were deeply flawed in that they assumed too much based off 2012 and 2008, as though there is any parity between Hillary and Obama as Presidential candidates.

Are you seriously this incapable to understand the concept of time?

lol

"JFK was documented as being alive in 1962. Therefore, his assassination in 1963 was a hoax."

I don't see the hatred of Beto from across the aisle. He's a relatable dude up against a snake. You may not agree with every policy but that's what the checks and balances are for. I thought the Trump supporters were bout it bout it when it came to unconventional politicans that appeal to the everyman.

Also I don't care who you are this is funny.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/ted-cruz-spotted-flight-looking-140102437.html

Last edited:
The elections polls were not inaccurate though.

Bringing up the polls is one of the newest tactics the right wing uses.

It helps them discredit the entire system. This is one of their newer lies that they spread like wildfire and no matter what evidence you show them they stick to the same line over and over and over.

This is up there with mass voter fraud, trickle down economics and all their other blatant lies.

I don't see a guy that fled the scene of a DWI (and isn't a Kennedy) AND wants to take guns away from Texans winning, personally

I mean have you been to Texas?

for sure, my mother said she would try edibles if it became legalized but not smoke, she has a bad case of insomnia and takes sleeping pills regularly

Vaping cannabis is the way to go, imo. No smoke, just fog, and it works great. I think a lot of people would use cannabis if they tried vaping it instead of smoking it. It's easy on the lungs, much cheaper, and hardly smells of weed at all.

I listened to Beta debate Lion Ted the other night. He sounded like one of those green haired SJWs. Everything was race this or gender that. Shit was embarrassing. Texas would have to go full gay to elect this bitch boy.

I listened to Beta debate Lion Ted the other night. He sounded like one of those green haired SJWs. Everything was race this or gender that. Shit was embarrassing. Texas would have to go full gay to elect this bitch boy.

As opposed to guy that has had to cuckold himself to a president that debased both himself and his family? That's your pick of the alpha between the two?

Last edited:
He also supports expanding Obama-Care

All the Soccer moms jumping on this guys dick is embarrassing. I tried to talk to a few of our friends about it... No one knows anything about the issues. A few years ago all these same people were crying how the ACA doubled (or more in my case) insurance rates. I ask them if they know Beto's position on it... No fucking clue. Seriously, people are morons... mostly.

All I can say is this... Beto has a shot. Why? Because Ted Cruz comes off as extremely unlikable. Personally, I don't give a shit if a guy is unlikable or not. Can he do his job or not. Most successful business owners, CEO's, etc... are class A1 assholes. Why? Because they need to be to get shit done. But Cruz has a weird vibe at times.

It might be good for Texas to shake up the GOP and find another potential Senator to oust Beto if he wins the current election. These Senators tend to hang around too long anyway.

The ACA is actually proven quite popular once people got their head out of their assed and realized that it did not cause premiums to go up by itself, that was already occurring well before the ACA.

The GOP gave it's biggest boost by trying and completely failing to repeal and replace it. Nothing makes people appreciate what they have quite like seeing the party with both houses and the presidency come up with something so widely disliked they can't even base their own bills.

As opposed to guy that has had to cuckold himself to a president that debased both himself and his family? That's your pick of the alpha between the two?
Yes. He was beaten by the better man. That's the honorable thing to do.

So they both culturally appropriating and pandering to their target demographic lol?

Beto grew up in El Paso and got the nickname as a toddler and it stuck. Cruz chose his nickname himself when he was 13. I don't think there was any shady intentions with either but they are not likely to stop using them since they are politically convenient.

"When he was 13, Cruz decided to change his name to “Ted.”

Born Rafael Edward Cruz, he’d gone by the nickname “Felito” most of his life. Cruz describes the nickname often resulted in him being teased. He refers to that time of his life as a time where he was an “unpopular nerd.”

“The problem with that name was that it seemed to rhyme with every major corn chip on the market. Fritos, Cheetos, Doritos and Tostitos- a fact that other young children were quite happy to point out,” Cruz wrote.

Cruz wrote that his mother gave him the idea to change his name: “‘Ted’ immediately felt like me. But my father was furious with the decision. He viewed it as a rejection of him and his heritage, which was not my intention.”

Back