Beto for Texas senate, Lyin Ted get out

UFCBlackbelt

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
beto.jpg

Young Bernie tearing it up in Texas tying up with Cruz in a known RIGHT state. Is it time for the demos to take over?

Views...

Beto:
Legalize marijuana and reevaluate current system for bails/jail time
Give Daca dreamers an opportunity for citizenship and strengthen border entry points
Improve our funding to mental health and limit the use of high-capacity/large caliber rifles amongst gun owners
Reevaluate police interactions after the shooting of an unarmed black man in his own apartment in Dallas texas (google it)

Ted Cruz:

cruz-9805_sq-286a0e9cd92f88dd59f690a7a999825f8369be60-s800-c85.jpg

Wants to strengthen the view that states can define marriage as between a man and a woman under religious liberty stated in the First Amendment

Wants to banish Daca and ideally deport dreamers + strengthen borders

Advocates for more guns in schools (armed guards, teachers)

Does not support marijuana legalization, but is okay with leaving it to the States.

Dude, I'm becoming a fan of Beto day after day. He did a lot of work in my hometown of El Paso. Plus, Cruz is a putz. So insincere it makes me sick.

As a moderate, both of these guys have points and stances that I agree with, but when I watch Cruz speak, he comes off so condescending.

Also, this will probably end up in the War Room.

Last edited:
I hope Beto wins just because of the Marijuana would be huge for our state.

Is this guy Beto O'Rourke half Mexican? thats a nickname for Latinos named Roberto.

It’s becoming legal up here next month. Lots of municipalities putting all kinds of restrictions which is a good thing I think. I’m not too keen on public spaces smelling like a college dorm.

It’s becoming legal up here next month. Lots of municipalities putting all kinds of restrictions which is a good thing I think. I’m not too keen on public spaces smelling like a college dorm.

I honestly would be glad with any system that just eliminated you going to jail for it. Even if they made it so you still get fined like a traffic ticket that's not perfect but at least it's better than the threat of going to jail.

Ted Cruz will beat BETO by over 10 points, and that's being conservative.

I honestly would be glad with any system that just eliminated you going to jail for it. Even if they made it so you still get fined like a traffic ticket that's not perfect but at least it's better than the threat of going to jail.
Yep.

I also suspect that edibles will outsell the smokable stuff, which makes it less of an impact on neighbors.

Yep.

I also suspect that edibles will outsell the smokable stuff, which makes it less of an impact on neighbors.

for sure, my mother said she would try edibles if it became legalized but not smoke, she has a bad case of insomnia and takes sleeping pills regularly

Im with Cruz on everything but he needs to ease off of the marijuana fight.

Beto seems like a cool dude. I love how everytime Cruz tries to take shots at him it backfires.

Wouldn't that be up to the state legislature and Governor? A Senator wouldn't be deciding what was legal in one state...

"lyin Ted"

<Cage33>

Calling a politician a liar is like calling a UFC fighter a "tough guy/girl"...

Beto:
Legalize marijuana and reevaluate current system for bails/jail time
Give Daca dreamers an opportunity for citizenship and strengthen border entry points
Improve our funding to mental health and limit the use of high-capacity/large caliber rifles amongst gun owners
Reevaluate police interactions after the shooting of an unarmed black man in his own apartment in Dallas texas (google it)
The one where she was off-duty and in her building? That requires major action with police interactions? Yep, bodycams on cops even when they're home. Good call.

And strengthen the border my balls. Oh yeah, I'm sure that's real high up on his list, right after his hard stance on fleeing the scene of an accident.

Cruz doesn't have that hard of a stance on weed, but he should legalize just because potheads will vote for just that one issue.

Wouldn't that be up to the state legislature and Governor? A Senator wouldn't be deciding what was legal in one state...

Correct but him winning could start to push other Texas law makers in the right direction in hopes they don't get voted out as well.

Ted Cruz is extremely unlikable

But Beto wants California style assulat weapons bans

And this is Texas

Back