Beterbiev vs Bivol June 1st in Saudi ESPN+**** Postponed ***

Who wins ?

• Total voters
There was a lot of professional jealousy in the Russian amateur team. Beterbiev and Kovalev despised each other due to the politics of their amateur system. My guess is whatever beef exists between Bivol-Artur is about boxing politics. It seems like many of the Russian boxers were jealous of the treat Artur got, he was the crown jewel of the Russian team for many years. I'm thinking maybe Bivol and/or his team were back biting Beterbiev and it got back to him. Just a wild guess.
man, beterbiev and kovalev would've made for a dope fight when kovalev was still in his prime.

man, beterbiev and kovalev would've made for a dope fight when kovalev was still in his prime.
Would've love to have seen it, both Kovalev and Beterbiev always had pro styles that the amateur style didn't fully explore. But from what i've heard Beterbiev big brothered Kovalev and knocked him down in both their amateur fights. Kovalev is a bitter person and a sore loser so he presents it very differently and says he was robbed lol. I wish i could watch those fights on tape to know what really happened.

Would've love to have seen it, both Kovalev and Beterbiev always had pro styles that the amateur style didn't fully explore. But from what i've heard Beterbiev big brothered Kovalev and knocked him down in both their amateur fights. Kovalev is a bitter person and a sore loser so he presents it very differently and says he was robbed lol. I wish i could watch those fights on tape to know what really happened.
i mean i'd put money on beterbiev roughing him up. but kovalev has some serious power too and a bit cleaner style, i think it'd make for a really fun fight.

There was a lot of professional jealousy in the Russian amateur team. Beterbiev and Kovalev despised each other due to the politics of their amateur system. My guess is whatever beef exists between Bivol-Artur is about boxing politics. It seems like many of the Russian boxers were jealous of the treat Artur got, he was the crown jewel of the Russian team for many years. I'm thinking maybe Bivol and/or his team were back biting Beterbiev and it got back to him. Just a wild guess.

No doubt there was a lot of tension among the top amateurs, but BeterBivol both claim there was no rivalry between the two of them, basically because they were not at the same level. Dimitry openly says he was not at Artur's level (also smaller), and Artur claims to not even remember Dimitry.

The timeline seems to match their stories. Artur's last big amateur tournament was the 2012 Olympics, and at that stage Dimitry was still green. He was fighting at the youth/cadet level instead of the adult one, and in a smaller weight class indeed. Especially since Artur had to move up to give way to the new star Egor Mekhontsev.

Last edited:
No doubt there was a lot of tension among the top amateurs, but BeterBivol both claim there was no rivalry between the two of them, basically because they were not at the same level. Dimitry openly says he was not at Artur's level (also smaller), and Artur claims to not even remember Dimitry.

The timeline seems to match their stories. Artur's last big amateur tournament was the 2012 Olympics, and at that stage Dimitry was still green. He was fighting at the youth/cadet level instead of the adult one, and in a smaller weight class indeed. Especially since Artur had to move up to give way to the new star Egor Mekhontsev.
Then I wonder why Artur doesn’t like him lol. Artur doesn’t seem like a petty guy, he’s always been magnanimous as far as I can tell. He even went over to give props to that POS Marcus Browne who was blatantly cheating lol.

Then I wonder why Artur doesn’t like him lol. Artur doesn’t seem like a petty guy, he’s always been magnanimous as far as I can tell. He even went over to give props to that POS Marcus Browne who was blatantly cheating lol.
My theory is that Artur just doesn't like how Team Bivol has conducted themselves over the last several years. Telling the public that they were trying to make the fight when they were really looking to drag it out. Is it a coincidence that Bivol signed to fight him after he looked like he might be slipping against Yarde? I don't think it's a coincidence and I'm sure Artur and his team don't either. The timing says it all. Fans forget that the fight was signed before Artur looked impressive in smashing Callum Smith.

Yes, that is quite confusing. Artur seems like quite a laid back, happy go lucky guy.

And likewise Bivol is affable too, so doesn't seem to be much of a reason to dislike him.

Yes, that is quite confusing. Artur seems like quite a laid back, happy go lucky guy.

And likewise Bivol is affable too, so doesn't seem to be much of a reason to dislike him.
Marc Ramsay implied that team Bivol has been jerking Artur around in the negotiations for some time now. Maybe it's that.

Back