The reason Beterbiev KO's Bivol

And what makes you the expert on British fans? We live in a global boxing world where social media connects us, i don't have to live in the UK to have an opinion on this, and it's an opinion many people share. You're just butthurt buddy. I stand by everything i said, UK fans are the biggest homers in boxing. Go cry about it.

PS, US fans are notorious for being the least patriotic boxing fanbase. Majority of USA fans were rooting for GGG when he was fighting midlevel American contenders. Americans more than most fanbases root for excellence they don't root for passports.

You're just a braindead American asshole complaining about something you know nothing about. News flash kiddo, every country in the world has fans for every sport that believe their guy is the favourite to win when he's not, and the fact that you think UK fans are main ones for this is absolutely hilarious when literally everyone other country will say the same for the US.

You've had multiple British people tell you that you're wrong and you're like "Nah mate, i know what the Brits are like". Fucking clueless smackhead.

USA USA USA!

You're just a braindead American asshole complaining about something you know nothing about. News flash kiddo, every country in the world has fans for every sport that believe their guy is the favourite to win when he's not, and the fact that you think UK fans are main ones for this is absolutely hilarious when literally everyone other country will say the same for the US.

You've had multiple British people tell you that you're wrong and you're like "Nah mate, i know what the Brits are like". Fucking clueless smackhead.

USA USA USA!
You're a fucking moron buddy. You keep saying "everybody else does that" when thats patently false.

Americans more often that not rooted against Mayweather. Americans more often than not rooted FOR GGG against his American opponents. Stop with the bullshit comparison that isn't true.

You're a fucking moron buddy. You keep saying "everybody else does that" when thats patently false.

Americans always rooted against Mayweather. Americans more often than not rooted FOR GGG against his American opponents. Stop with the bullshit comparison that isn't true.

Fucking lol US fans are notorious around the world for having the most braindead support in any sport, and that's not my opinion, that's how EVERY country views the US lil bro. So stop smashing your face along the keyboard and try to do research before coming off as a retard.

Also, GGG like Usyk is universally loved, hence why most of the British public wants Usyk to beat Fury's ass.

I've just realized you're the clown boy who said anyone who think Naoya is #1 P4P over Crawford is just being a fanboy hahaha. Stick to making mma threads because you lack the basic intelligence needed to argue with me. Maybe i'll make a thread in the War Room claiming to know that the US education system is in a toilet and that Biden was elected through corruption, and my source can be "Well i know these things, and it's just my opinion, so cry".

Fucking lol US fans are notorious around the world for having the most braindead support in any sport, and that's not my opinion, that's how EVERY country views the US lil bro. So stop smashing your face along the keyboard and try to do research before coming off as a retard.

Also, GGG like Usyk is universally loved, hence why most of the British public wants Usyk to beat Fury's ass.

I've just realized you're the clown boy who said anyone who think Naoya is #1 P4P over Crawford is just being a fanboy hahaha. Stick to making mma threads because you lack the basic intelligence needed to argue with me. Maybe i'll make a thread in the War Room claiming to know that the US education system is in a toilet and that Biden was elected through corruption, and my source can be "Well i know these things, and it's just my opinion, so cry".
You’re truly retarded.

GGG fought Kell Brook in London, 99% of the fans were rooting for Brook. GGG fought Danny Jacobs in MSG (Jacob’s hometown!) and there majority of the arena was rooting for GGG. THAT in a nutshell is the difference between US boxing fans and UK boxing fans. I could give you about 20 other examples. Now go take your Butthurt and shove it up your crooked tooth limey ass.

Last edited:
You’re truly retarded.

GGG fought Kell Brook on London, 99% of the fans were rooting for Brook. GGG fought Danny Jacobs in MSG (Jacob’s hometown!) and there majority of the arena was rooting for GGG. THAT in a nutshell is the difference between US boxing fans and UK boxing fans. I could give you about 20 other examples. Now go take your Butthurt and shove it up your crooked tooth limey ass.

You're so retarded you forgot the point! The UK fans were rooting for Brook yes, because he was a nice guy who the UK public liked and wanted to see do well... 99% rooted for him, but 99% didn't think he'd beat GGG. You're so dumb you forgot we weren't talking about rooting, we were talking about thinking your own fighter is the favourite when he's not.

Typical braindead product of the US education system, can't even remember his original point. Do you need directions to the kitchen too?

• One American claims to know British public's views
  • Three Brits tell American he's wrong
  • American cries and insists he is right

Only in America do they raise 'em this dumb.

• One American claims to know British public's views
  • Three Brits tell American he's wrong
  • American cries and insists he is right

Only in America do they raise 'em this dumb.

To be fair, one idiot should not set the bar for a nation. On the other hand, the US is a leading exporter in idiocracy.

To be fair, one idiot should not set the bar for a nation. On the other hand, the US is a leading exporter in idiocracy.
By sheer weight of numbers surely in... you know what, never mind

You're so retarded you forgot the point! The UK fans were rooting for Brook yes, because he was a nice guy who the UK public liked and wanted to see do well... 99% rooted for him, but 99% didn't think he'd beat GGG. You're so dumb you forgot we weren't talking about rooting, we were talking about thinking your own fighter is the favourite when he's not.

Typical braindead product of the US education system, can't even remember his original point. Do you need directions to the kitchen too?
You fucking moron, YOU’RE the one that brought up Americans chanting USA USA! In the arena, I’m not the one who brought it up. You shifted the goal post and then pointed to me as though I did it. Also, you’re still butt hurt about a post I wrote literally two weeks ago, how fucking pathetic are you? What type of insecure little bitch looses his shit because of an innocuous and benign post on sherdog that’s 2 weeks old?? Get a life!

The type of pressure Beterbiev puts on opponents is difficult to overcome. I'm a Bivol fan, I'm not sure he can do that. This isn't like fighting Canelo where he knew that Canelo didn't jab, Beterbiev has a jab.

You fucking moron, YOU’RE the one that brought up Americans chanting USA USA! In the arena, I’m not the one who brought it up. You shifted the goal post and then pointed to me as though I did it. Also, you’re still butt hurt about a post I wrote literally two weeks ago, how fucking pathetic are you? What type of insecure little bitch looses his shit because of an innocuous and benign post on sherdog that’s 2 weeks old?? Get a life!

Where did i said Americans chant USA USA USA and link it to what i was saying? I didn't. I added USA USA USA to the end of my post simply because i was talking about braindead Americans.

Also, you posted about UK fans 3 days ago... so you have no concept on time and you misunderstood posts based on a three letter word.

Im best speaking to your caretaker next time i see you post something dumb.

Fucking lol US fans are notorious around the world for having the most braindead support in any sport, and that's not my opinion, that's how EVERY country views the US lil bro.

Most countries do not care enough about any of the sports Americans are good at to even have that opinion. They are more likely to think their neighboring countries are more brain dead. Also, I can think of a few countries that are more passionate about their athletes, which in turn is going to make them more bias (especially homogenous countries).

I don't really get why people are mentioning their nationalities as if that is a credential, but if it makes any difference I live in non-America and have lived in a few countries in general, and no one in those countries would think USA particularly more bias for their athletes than anywhere else.

I do agree with the overall point that the UK is no more bias than the United States. Both countries have hype jobs, and both countries enjoy the success and give credit to foreign athletes (at least occasionally).

Last edited:
I just re-watched a couple of Bivol fights. Bivol has never felt a combination of pace & power like he'll feel with Beterbiev.

People that pick Bivol are basing it off his ability to control distance and use a flurry of punches the same way he did against Canelo, Zurdo, and Lyndon Arthur. Neither of these guys have the best work rate, Canelo has serious gas tank issues, Zurdo has trouble getting down to 175, and Lyndon Arthur is Lyndon Arthur. Bivol has never been in the ring with someone who will make him work hard every minute of every round, that pressure will degrade is mobility and his skills over 12 rounds. Beterbiev has been in the ring with dozens of people (in pros and amateurs) who try to stick and move with him. I just don't think Bivol is prepared, mentally or physically.
DO you think Usyk beating Biev in the amateurs is not a sign that he is vulnerable to slick footwork ?

DO you think Usyk beating Biev in the amateurs is not a sign that he is vulnerable to slick footwork ?
Artur beat Usyk the first time they boxed (4x2 format). They met again on two occasions several years later (3x3 format) and Usyk won those bouts to end their rivalry. Now if you've seen them you'll know that Artur hurt him on multiple occasions and dropped him in there. According to Usyk he was the toughest opponent he ever faced in the amateurs.

Back then an elite boxer/mover could outpoint Artur but that's a whole lot easier to do when you only have to do it for 3 rounds. Bivol would have to be perfect for 12 rounds.

Artur beat Usyk the first time they boxed (4x2 format). They met again on two occasions several years later (3x3 format) and Usyk won those bouts to end their rivalry. Now if you've seen them you'll know that Artur hurt him on multiple occasions and dropped him in there. According to Usyk he was the toughest opponent he ever faced in the amateurs.

Back then an elite boxer/mover could outpoint Artur but that's a whole lot easier to do when you only have to do it for 3 rounds. Bivol would have to be perfect for 12 rounds.
I get that however there is something that I find a bit flawed in that logic. Biev is a very hard puncher but it s the accumulation, especially when the appanyent shells up. But i feel like Beterbiev typically does not always catch you off guard. That s why a fast apanyent with good cardio could typically evade him for 12R. Theoretically.

I get that however there is something that I find a bit flawed in that logic. Biev is a very hard puncher but it s the accumulation, especially when the appanyent shells up. But i feel like Beterbiev typically does not always catch you off guard. That s why a fast apanyent with good cardio could typically evade him for 12R. Theoretically.
Yeah it's usually the accumulation from shots that don't even appear to have much steam on them. Artur doesn't typically look for that one big homerun shot or throw haymakers very often. He prefers to conserve his energy and chip away to break down his opponents. Around the halfway mark he'll start to turn it up more. That's when he'll start throwing shots with more power on them and up the pressure.

Breaking guys down is just a preference. Against Joe Smith Jr., for example, he didn't even bother to do it. He started fast and finished him early. Against Bivol I think he'll start faster than normal and throw harder shots than he typically does. He'll need to because he won't be able to hit Bivol practically at will like he's able to do with these other guys. So, he'll need to be more selective and put more power on his shots.

I doubt Bivol has the durability to last 12 rounds. Theoretically he might be able to box & move the whole time and win a decision but I don't see it. We've seen Bivol hit clean and hurt before. Joe Smith hurt him and in his last fight Lyndon Arthur appeared to have hurt him to the body. Artur is a whole different animal compared to those guys. He's the best finisher in boxing.

Good post. 12 rounds is an eternity. If Bivol goes 12, decisions Beter then he is a pugilist god on the level of Pernell/Mayweather. (And If he frustrates/tires/confuses, picks apart and outgears Beter to a stoppage win, then my brain explodes. )

The fight tells us so much when the dust finally settles, can’t wait

Good post. 12 rounds is an eternity. If Bivol goes 12, decisions Beter then he is a pugilist god on the level of Pernell/Mayweather. (And If he frustrates/tires/confuses, picks apart and outgears Beter to a stoppage win, then my brain explodes. )

The fight tells us so much when the dust finally settles, can’t wait
It's a long ass time. Another thing that helped opponents against Artur back in the amateur days, aside from the shortened number of rounds, was the gloves. Artur was forced to wear 12 oz gloves where in the pros he gets to use 10's. It's not a huge difference or anything but over the course of 12 rounds it's significant.

Stephen “Breadman” Edwards' prediction over at BoxingScene:

“Bivol is looked at as a “better” boxer but Beterbiev was the better amateur….I think Beterbiev is used to dealing with that elite classy, in and out style that Bivol has. Again, Beterbiev was the better amateur. I think Beteriev’s jab can disrupt Bivol’s in and out feet.

Next we get down to the durability factor in the fight. Can Bivol take Beterbiev’s hammer fist? Bivol is undefeated and we haven’t seen him close to being stopped. But I’m going to guess that he won’t take Beterbiev smashing those bricks that he calls hands into him for 12 rounds. I’m comfortable believing that Beterbiev will figure out Bivol’s rhythm before Bivol will take Beterbiev’s punches.

However, Bivol definitely has a shot. The odds will be 50/50 and the “boxer” wins this fight 7 out of 10 times. But my eyes tell me Beterbiev boxes good enough to score enough points to keep it close and then sometime between 9-11, Beterbiev stops him to the body.”

Daily Bread Mailbag: Beterbiev-Bivol, Crawford, Andre Ward, Jones, More

1. Usyk was so much bigger than Biev so he could withstand the punishment better, and he still was knocked down. Bivol is not a natural 175, he’s a blown up 168. I don’t think he’ll be as durable as usyk against Biev.

2. The amateurs are tailor made for Usyk and Bivol’s style, Biev has always had more of a pro style (emphasis on power and accuracy instead of output) which is why he never won Olympic gold imo. Usyk barely outpointed Biev in a scoring system that favored his style. Just because Usyk beat him in the amateurs it doesn’t mean he would’ve beat him over 12 rounds (back then).

3. Usyk has much better lateral movement than Bivol. Bivol has fast feet but it’s mostly in and out of range, Usyk has much better circular and lateral movement, changing angles, etc. Much harder to cut off the ring against Usyk than Bivol.

4. Usyk had the punch to keep Biev off him, we’ve seen Bivol enough to say that he isn’t a big puncher. Dude hasn’t knocked anyone out in almost 6 years.

Back