Best young kickboxer/ muay thai fighter to look forward to in 2017?

wow! still 1 more month of 2016 and we are looking forward to 2017! :D

Varga probably wasn't housed and fed and looked from a young age, by his management either and doesn't live at his camp, his camp probably don't provide all his food, medical expenses and other outgoings the thai camps do

well eacht country/culture to their own, but in the western world that is called (some form of) enslavement

I'm pretty sure Panpayak's wasn't kidnapped and forced to fight...

no and im not claiming that either. even in western countries there are groups of people that do labour and live in groups where they are modern slaves. eastern europeans in western european countries sometimes are working/housed under these conditions.

what anorak describes is kinda like that. ya dont always have to be forced into these situations, sometimes it's the method of surviving, but still not good, imo.

but like i said, each country/culte to their own

what I described is nothing like that at all

what I described is nothing like that at all

well im not an expert on this matter, i respond to what i read. i did hear a yew years ago about buakaw having troubles leaving his camp back then. can any of these fighters on any given day pack up their stuff and fight for someone else or themselves? or are they obliged to stay, even thoug some of them have been fighting for the same camp their whole carreer?

how does that work? because in the west loyalty to the gym/manager can be broken easily if the fighter thinks he can get a better deal somewhere else

Buakao was very lucky let me tell you! If he wasn't such a high profile name could have been a lot harder for him! I've heard some scary stories, one time a boxer switched camps and then just disappeared, a short while later his new camp received a parcel
In the post, it was a pair of his boxing shorts with a dead fish in! Another time a camp in Isarn tried to poach a fighter from a ibig Bangkok gym, shortly after the owner of the gym in Isarn woke up in the middle of the night covered in blood, with the head of his favorite water buffalo at the end of the bed!

well im not an expert on this matter, i respond to what i read. i did hear a yew years ago about buakaw having troubles leaving his camp back then. can any of these fighters on any given day pack up their stuff and fight for someone else or themselves? or are they obliged to stay, even thoug some of them have been fighting for the same camp their whole carreer?

how does that work? because in the west loyalty to the gym/manager can be broken easily if the fighter thinks he can get a better deal somewhere else
they fighters have a signed contract with their camp that can not exceed more than a 7 year term. So no they can't just up and leave a go fight for who ever they want but they can get someone to buy their contact from the gym they are signed to

Yes, who needs contracts in sports anyway.

{<huh}

Yes, who needs contracts in sports anyway.

{<huh}

we've sene it time and time again, fighters decide to leave and they leave. not all fighters have written down agreements. there are dozens of examples of fighters siwtching gym and management when they feel like it.

well in Thailand most big fighters have. What's wrong with that?

there's nothing wrong with that, i never suggested it to be.

yes wel that was my question, i wonder what kind of agreements they have, since alot of fighters are with the same gym for years/decade. in western countries such loyalty has become very rare. the one example i can remember was the buakaw vs poramuk thing.

i know that mcgregor prides himself in staying with the same gym/coach etc, but he's more of an exception these days.

Muay Thai in its totality has a Marxist/Communist side to it. Of course it's viewed as horrible and most insist it be changed or fixed to suit their ways. That's how this always works. Here comes Yokkao, other outside interests and the influx of shows with large scale production. Muay Thai will be ruined within a decade.

Last edited:
Rade Opacic.

he is a young HW(only 19 years old),the kid haves 6.46 feet tall,he looks to be pretty technical for a youngster

he recently fought on the quarter finals of k-1 95kg Serbian tournament as the hometown hero,this kid can have a very good future on the sport when he accumulates more experience and strong team guidance

I don't know if he's a prospect proper (I don't know how old he is or whether he's ranked at any of the big stadiums) but Banluerit sor Siriluck/Sitwatcharachai might be someone to watch. He's had a very good year, five or six wins, that I've seen, and a few knockouts thrown in there. I assume as he grows into the light flyweight division he'll be on his way to getting fights with bigger name opponent's.

Last edited:
I don't know if he's a prospect proper (I don't know how old he is or whether he's ranked at any of the big stadiums) but Banluerit sor Siriluck/Sitwatcharachai might be someone to watch. He's had a very good year, five or six wins, that I've seen, and a few knockouts thrown in there. I assume as he grows into the light flyweight division he'll be on his way to getting fights with bigger name opponent's.

Any vids of him?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back