Best Muay Thai gyms in the US?

I wouldn't say it begins and ends with Fairtex. Just like it doesn't begin and end with Fairtex in Thailand. There are 3 or 4 schools in LA that are on par with Fairtex and just as many in NY. Which of the top American Muay Thai fighters fight out of Fairtex? I'm sure the training is great there but there are a lot of gyms with great authentic Muay Thai in the US these days.

No comparison between what goes on here and in Thailand. The question is about the US. After reading your post, im really curious, as I live in LA now and have dropped in on most gyms here. What 3-4 gyms in LA do you think are on par with Fairtex SF??

3 or 4??? Wow. So yeah please respond to this as it will tell me if I need to reply

Combat Sports Academy in Dublin, CA deserves a mention. Their Muay Thai instructor Kirian is the current Head Coach of the USMF (United States Muay Thai Federation) and the United States National Muay Thai Team, and takes fighters to Thailand to compete. They also have the #1 US Female Nak Muay Miriam Nakimoto on their team, and the #1 US Male Nak Muay Kevin Ross is affiliated with the gym and trains their when he's in CA. Probably the nicest and cleanest gym in the Bay Area too with all brand new equipment.

CSA - COMBAT SPORTS ACADEMY - Mixed Martual Arts - Dublin, CA

Just curious, are you a fighter there or just train? I ask because whenever someone makes a thread about gyms, I always see you post up CSA.

Just curious because I might end up knowing you or seeing you because I know Kirian and a lot of his fighters very well haha.
Posted via Mobile Device

No comparison between what goes on here and in Thailand. The question is about the US. After reading your post, im really curious, as I live in LA now and have dropped in on most gyms here. What 3-4 gyms in LA do you think are on par with Fairtex SF??

3 or 4??? Wow. So yeah please respond to this as it will tell me if I need to reply

The Yard
Muay Thai Academy of America
Sityodtong USA

The Yard
Muay Thai Academy of America
Sityodtong USA

Ok. Thanks for sharing. Now I notice your sig says VA which may be out dated or real but I have actual first hand experience with these gyms AND Fairtex. Do you? Just saying that as you might be sharing your opinion based on what you heard whereas I am speaking from my personal experience. When i moved to LA, i dropped in on these plus a few other muay thai gyms in LA :) looking to continue my training.

That said, I will say is that 1 of the gyms on your list is on par with Fairtex SF. the other two are not on par with Fairtex nor on par with the best gym on this list. I wont be specific as I respect every gym and trainer out there but to be clear there ARE NOT 3-4 gyms in LA that are on par with Fairtex SF.

And I chose not to study at any of those gyms. So there is no bias in comparing the gyms

Last edited:
Back