Best Muay Thai gyms in the US?

If you're in San Fran, don't forget Fight & Fitness, run by Bunkerd Fairtex & crew. I train at the Wat in NYC, but I visited San Fran back in November and trained at Fairtex because their class schedule better matched mine, but I stopped by Fight & Fitness to check out their schedule and it looked pretty good. If you've seen Bunkerd fight, you know he's gotta be a good trainer.

Fight & Fitness is about a mile away from Fairtex... couldn't tell you where exactly without a map, but they have a web site.

I got to train at Fight and Fitness about two and a half weeks ago. I did their no-gi BJJ class with Denny Prokopos and it was bad ass. Awesome experience.

trains under saekson janjira's affiliate gym. Good stuff

I know rob kaman is in the usa right now but where is he currently teaching out of?

Fairtex or Chute Boxe USA

I train at Kru Pong Muay Thai in Houston TX. He is in his 60s now but came here in 1983 and opened a gym. He's was a champion at the main stadium in Thailand and trained 7 world Champions before opening a gym here in Houston. He's trained now other instructors around here like Sal Solis who has trained guys like Tito Ortiz..And other local MMA guys
Posted via Mobile Device

No other kickboxing in the area of Houston compares to this nasty authentic first hand Muay Thai.. Is there any others put there in TX? I put it up there with anything in Cali.. It's just that Houston is still more popular in MMA gyms and boxing.. Not pure kickboxing only..
Posted via Mobile Device

sityodtong in boston is legit as hell im limping now because of that place!

Combat Sports Academy in Dublin, CA deserves a mention. Their Muay Thai instructor Kirian is the current Head Coach of the USMF (United States Muay Thai Federation) and the United States National Muay Thai Team, and takes fighters to Thailand to compete. They also have the #1 US Female Nak Muay Miriam Nakimoto on their team, and the #1 US Male Nak Muay Kevin Ross is affiliated with the gym and trains their when he's in CA. Probably the nicest and cleanest gym in the Bay Area too with all brand new equipment.

CSA - COMBAT SPORTS ACADEMY - Mixed Martual Arts - Dublin, CA

Most of the places mentioned have been in the North East or the South West. In having said that, I live in the Mid-West, and I do not know of anyone or any school notable in Muay Thai in Indiana, Ohio, or Kentucky. Correct me if I am wrong though. I know that Rich Franklin's Muay Thai trainer, Neal Rowe, has a school near me, and he is some how affiliated with Janjira. Otherwise, I cannot personally think of any. I bet there are a few in Chicago or even Indianapolis that are legitimate. The best though...I am not sure.

Just because they suspended them that takes absolutley nothing away from the gym. It is the best in canada and one of the best in North America. Not spoiled by the whole "MMA" Craze and has stuck to its roots. If you want Muay Thai there really is no other gym to go to Esspecially if your living in canada

Not even Mike Miles?

In the US, it really begins and ends with Fairtex San Francisco. You get top notch instruction from certified muay thai legends

In LA, Muay Thai School USA. Top notch authentic muay thai training.

In the US, it really begins and ends with Fairtex San Francisco. You get top notch instruction from certified muay thai legends

In LA, Muay Thai School USA. Top notch authentic muay thai training.

I wouldn't say it begins and ends with Fairtex. Just like it doesn't begin and end with Fairtex in Thailand. There are 3 or 4 schools in LA that are on par with Fairtex and just as many in NY. Which of the top American Muay Thai fighters fight out of Fairtex? I'm sure the training is great there but there are a lot of gyms with great authentic Muay Thai in the US these days.

Back