Best forgotten TV shows

250px-Liquid_tv.jpg

Why are we reminiscing tv shows that were shit?

Anyone remember obscure shows like Clarissa explains it all, Action or just shoot me?

Pleasant memories there ya go

I bought the 2 (or 3) seasons of BW a long time ago, and then the lone season of Beast Machines, and never watched them until my oldest son found them when we were unpacking after we moved. He loves that shit. Every time he plays Transformers at daycare, he's just on another level with his Transformer knowledge.

I liked Simon & Simon as a kid, not sure how good the program really is, haven't watched an episode in 25 years.

Well, in fairness, it was also before my time. I learned the show by watching re-runs with my parents when I was young. It was one of the only fictional TV shows they would ever actually watch. Any time it was on it was like it cast a spell. No matter where they cam in they were quickly installed rapt on a couch until the episode concluded.
That’s what it was all about, hilarious show for it’s time and for a while after

I ALMOST bought one of the Airwolf helicopters from the show off eBay about a decade ago for 5500.00, I was like HOLY SHIT!

Needed “some work” with some research found that it would cost me about 100k to get it flying again, then the expense of storing it when not flying it was too much.

I was thinking “I’ll buy this mofo, move out to the country on a lake and fly to fucking work!!”

Sadly I didn’t buy it, and fix it over time.

One of the biggest regrets of not buying something in my life.

That and the countach I almost bought years ago they are way fing more now.
ElRey network shows Airwolf reruns often.

When people watched real TV hour shows and not reality crap, there were shows with pretty decent plots. Someone mentioned Simon and Simon. Magnum PI could be entertaining. Remington Steel. Moonlighting first few seasons. Hart to Hart. So many mystery/crime shows. I guess that’s why I liked Longmire and Castle, but they don’t seem to be making too many of those types anymore. We live in world where the younger generation is entertained by banality like YouTube people filming themselves eating, or Kardashians arguing over fashion choices.

You Can’t Do That On Television

Black Irish? I think that’s what it was called. One season, real good.

Northern Exposure was mentioned, loved that show.

I enjoyed a Spencer Fisher show called Key West.

The ones that stand out most in my memory are the ones where they go through SERE training and the one where a the son of a former member interviews the team as a journalist.

Back