Best BJJ kimono

Kagi Gi is fantasic. So far i've had good luck and would Recomend Kagi or Atama.. here is the review i sent in for Joker's site:

I just recieved my Kagi sport armor. It arrived three days after order, and I have to say that I read a lot of bad things about customer service. I believe this has been completly worked out, as they have been 100% helpful with my order and many questions. The Gi itself is lighter than my Atama double weave (a very heavy Gi), and it has no seam in the back (not that i've ever had a problem with that in my Atama, but I do see people mention it). The Gi is strong and comfortable, soft inside, and Very tough collar. The sport armor has the two inch collar which is very formidable. Some people may call it "cheater" style, but it is a nice Gi for competition, and light and comfortable enough for training. Very sturdy pants and great overall construction (though the single loop in the front threw me at first, im used to it). The only "problem" was email questions, but that is okay, since they are VERY easy to get ahold of with the phone number on their website, and they're more than happy to talk you through everything, answering questions about size/patches/returns, ect. I wanted one without the shoulder patches, and they assured me the patches were designed to be easily removed, which is true. The writing on the leg is permanent, but its not bad, and i'm covering it with a patch from my school anyway. When I called to check the status (because i was anxious, not because it was late) they called UPS and tracked it for me, and called me back to check my order. They assured me that the size chart was after the wash and dry (only one time you machine dry), and though it looked huge when it arrived, it shrank to a perfect fit. It even came with a belt (although it'd be a bit small, and i'm a skinny guy). They also told me that if I had any problems with size after washing (which I did not) that it would be okay to exchange. I ordered this Gi by recomendation of my instructor, who has had his for 6 years. I must say, top of the line Gi, and any questions about customer service have been erased in my mind.

Newverse said:
Kagi Gi is fantasic. So far i've had good luck and would Recomend Kagi or Atama.. here is the review i sent in for Joker's site:

I just recieved my Kagi sport armor. It arrived three days after order, and I have to say that I read a lot of bad things about customer service. I believe this has been completly worked out, as they have been 100% helpful with my order and many questions. The Gi itself is lighter than my Atama double weave (a very heavy Gi), and it has no seam in the back (not that i've ever had a problem with that in my Atama, but I do see people mention it). The Gi is strong and comfortable, soft inside, and Very tough collar. The sport armor has the two inch collar which is very formidable. Some people may call it "cheater" style, but it is a nice Gi for competition, and light and comfortable enough for training. Very sturdy pants and great overall construction (though the single loop in the front threw me at first, im used to it). The only "problem" was email questions, but that is okay, since they are VERY easy to get ahold of with the phone number on their website, and they're more than happy to talk you through everything, answering questions about size/patches/returns, ect. I wanted one without the shoulder patches, and they assured me the patches were designed to be easily removed, which is true. The writing on the leg is permanent, but its not bad, and i'm covering it with a patch from my school anyway. When I called to check the status (because i was anxious, not because it was late) they called UPS and tracked it for me, and called me back to check my order. They assured me that the size chart was after the wash and dry (only one time you machine dry), and though it looked huge when it arrived, it shrank to a perfect fit. It even came with a belt (although it'd be a bit small, and i'm a skinny guy). They also told me that if I had any problems with size after washing (which I did not) that it would be okay to exchange. I ordered this Gi by recomendation of my instructor, who has had his for 6 years. I must say, top of the line Gi, and any questions about customer service have been erased in my mind.

whats the web site

t_633_01.jpg

This GI worth $200?

Fozzy said:
it would appear that BJ Penn uses the lucky gi.

Foz, I think that's a logo of a Buddha, not BJ Penn... he's not *that* little and chubby. :icon_chee

Newverse said:

Eh... extremely disappointed that they have links for judo gis and kurtkas but they don't work. Sigh...

H0m0Palata said:
This GI worth $200?

Apart from the fact that OTM sucks at responding to emails and has no idea that their gi runs gigantic... yeah, it's a great gi.

Worth $200? Maybe not... but it's certainly a unique product. I was disappointed that mine was completely the wrong size... I'll buy one again when they start producing it in green. (fingers crossed)

amphibious said:
Foz, I think that's a logo of a Buddha, not BJ Penn... he's not *that* little and chubby. :icon_chee

no he actually uses one in the latest episode of his tv show on bjpenn.com

~Foz

I ordered one of these for the look. I like it. I've only used Atama, so I can't really comment about other gis.

MDL5-W-front.jpg

I ordered the Atama Gold recently and just got it. The top seems a bit big though...does anyone else who has this knows if it shrinks a bit after you wash and dry it? I was concerned about getting the right fit before I ordered and talked to the csr at the atama website. I'm about 5'11 and 170 pounds and she recommended the A3 top and bottom.

Back