Best BJJ kimono

blanko said:
i thought everyone line dries..
I put mine in the machine drier...that way it looks like I have been training a long time. :icon_chee :rolleyes:

I went with the Kagi, literally minutes before they raised the pride 15$.. They said I can remove the patches on the shoulders pretty easily, and I can just cover the one on the leg up with a large patch for my school. They are tough gi's, by all acounts, with hell for a collar.. i'll try to let people know how it feels.. Or if anyone is ever reading this threadin the future, feel free to pm me.

I cant believe you passed on that deal for the Koral on ebay. It was a damn good deal! Good luck with the new gi.

i just bought a koral and its amazing.. and is 170 bones really that pricey for a top quality gi?

fatu said:
i just bought a koral and its amazing.. and is 170 bones really that pricey for a top quality gi?

It is when you could get an MKM for $100 on ebay.

I own a Koral, Atama, and a Lucky gi.

My favorite is the Lucky gi, its a little flashy, and pretty expensive. But I love the weeve. you can get them at onthemat.

I got a sirius and its great and all but there are 3 complaints

1) not really big but sometimes when i rub my face against it EVERY CLASS I have blue lint in my nose
2) pants are a bit tight
3) the collar can be pulled over my head REALLy easily and somtimes its just rediculous

sproggdawg said:
I cant believe you passed on that deal for the Koral on ebay. It was a damn good deal! Good luck with the new gi.

Heh, I didnt pass, it went up to about 120$ plus shipping.. I would have paid 50..

edit: thanks for the good luck wishes though, and I'm pretty sold on Koral, i'm sure i'll try one of those out before too long, maybe get a lighter one for the summer..

Still on my wish list are:

Koral
Mkimono
Torah
Sirius

Will just have to figure out which is best for what situation (hot weather, cold weather, tournement, different school, practice getting choked, ect.) If anyone has any insights about best for any of these conditions, im sure it wont be long before I or someone else needs another Gi.. Might as well keep the thread going with good advice.

mattmania843 said:
I got a sirius and its great and all but there are 3 complaints

1) not really big but sometimes when i rub my face against it EVERY CLASS I have blue lint in my nose
2) pants are a bit tight
3) the collar can be pulled over my head REALLy easily and somtimes its just rediculous

hm.. is it too big? or just loose? I dont get it? I guess not if the pants are tight.. I wanted to try a sirius as well.. The kagi just was recomended by my instructor (altough his is an older model and might be a little different), and I got it literally minutes before they raised the price..

Blake Bowman said:
learn to wrestle and play top game ;)

honestly, it's never bothered me before. I noticed it when i got the gi, but never wearing it. You shouldn't be flat on your back playing guard anyway.

I submit wrestlers all day long from my back :)

who has Yudan Gi? i hear its the old Machado Gi when they split. The newer Machado Gis are alright, still better than others IMO, but i like the older editions, If yudans are actually the older Machado Gis, that will be my new brand... someone please PM me if they had experience with Yudan

besides weight, what is the difference between single/double/gold/platinum

I've searched and I really can't find the clear answers.

All I know is that single is lightest, double is heavier and stronger

XJ3B said:
besides weight, what is the difference between single/double/gold/platinum

I've searched and I really can't find the clear answers.

All I know is that single is lightest, double is heavier and stronger

Weight and strength are the only differences. The more threads there are, the sturdier and heavier a gi becomes. In my opinion, anything more than a single is quite reliable.

Weight is primarily a factor for climate. Lighter fabrics won't contain heat like their heavier counterparts.

i live in a tropical climate so i want a cool Gi, but also one that is good for competition. im looking at

ATAMA summer gi

HCK single weave

orthe new GAMENESS pearl

Scott McWade said:
Weight and strength are the only differences. The more threads there are, the sturdier and heavier a gi becomes. In my opinion, anything more than a single is quite reliable.

Weight is primarily a factor for climate. Lighter fabrics won't contain heat like their heavier counterparts.

Well.. the obviouse difference is the weave.. Single is one stitch, double is two, gold is like a different beast all together..

Back