Ben Henderson pissed at UFC's offer to Alvarez

then you have no idea what you are talking about. Signing bonuses can be anywhere from 250-500,000 dollars and ppv bonuses can bring in millions. Jon JOnes discloses salary is 400k yet, according to him, he makes millions per fight.

Even in 2007 when Couture was making 250,000 in disclosed pay he was getting over 700,000 to 1 million per fight in ppv bonuses.

Alistair Overeem made 387,000 in disclosed pay for his fight with Brock yet brought in over 2 million dollars.

Over and over again fighters have disclosed their ppv bonuses and undisclosed paychecks and many times it's been far more than their actual pay.

The only people who still dispute this are the boxing fans and anti Zuffa tards because on literally every occasion a fighter has stepped up and provided us with what they get in undisclosed bonuses it's been quite a bit.

the guys who are talking about their money either have enough money so that they can comfortably walk away from the ufc and not have to worry about it. or they are trying to get in the ufc's good graces so that they can be brought back for another fight or maybe get a little better bonus the next time around. you never hear about guys who are making little complaining because they have no financial security. this provides a one-sided story on how well the ufc pays, when in fact, it is very doubtful that fighters making little in contracted pay are getting these supposedly lucrative deals.

you can reference the top guys in the sport, that's fine. it does not represent the majority of the ufc or the financial arrangements (bonus/ppv system) that most fighters have.

[QUOTE="Rush";78168579]Yeah, i could go on but you get the point...[/QUOTE]

You can provide your opinion and the opinion of others, who are pro-women's mma along with past event statistics. You ought to wait and see what the stats are for the upcoming fight card with Rousey.

precisely. until that time the locker room bonuses should be downplayed. i doubt that they are the lucrative amounts that people on here make them out to be.

The only amount I've ever heard was people were bitching about McCall only making $9,000 against MM in the first fight, so he came out and said he got a bunch of bonuses from the UFC and made $80,000 even before his sponsorship money

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/7/16/3162364/ufc-ian-mccall-fighter-pay-mma-news

But yeah, unless the fighter actually comes out and says how much they made, you can only guess

Last edited:
Kind of unfair though isn't it.

It's like that in many sports. You fulfill your contract that you signed, then when that's over. You sign a more lucrative contract if you have earned it, as is the case with Benson Henderson.

Also, Bendo gets paid less than Edgar, because Edgar beat him in the second match. Retarded judging is the only reason Bendo still has that title, I don't give a rats ass how much he gets paid.

This argument would be more valid if Edgar hasn't won the title in the first place thanks to "retarded judging."

A champion in a major sport he should be making more than that a fight.

Last edited:
The only amount I've ever heard was people were bitching about McCall only making $9,000 against MM in the first fight, so he came out and said he got a bunch of bonuses made $80,000 even before his sponsorship money

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/7/16/3162364/ufc-ian-mccall-fighter-pay-mma-news

But yeah, unless the fighter actually comes out and says how much they made, you can't really guess

Randy Couture made between 700-800k when he was the hw champ. Fabio Maldonado said he got paid more for losing his fight with Glover than he would of if he got his show/win bonus, Jon Jones says he makes millions per fight yet only has 400k listed, Anderson Silva reportedly made 7 million for his fight Sonnen and Sean McCorkle said he made 3 times his show/win for his fight with Struve.

There have been plenty of fighters who have commented on it and backed up the back room bonus pay.

I wouldn't be happy either if I was Ben Henderson.

[QUOTE="Rush";78167371]Ronda will earn the UFC more money than Henderson or Alvarez.[/QUOTE]

not really

You can provide your opinion and the opinion of others, who are pro-women's mma along with past event statistics. You ought to wait and see what the stats are for the upcoming fight card with Rousey.

I should just go ahead and delete my account now. I think the buys will be good. RR is in a lose/lose position as far as opinions go on here. If it sells well the doubters will say its because of Hendo/Machida. If it sells poorly the same people will say its because of RR/Carmouche.

[QUOTE="Rush";78169155]Can you elaborate?[/QUOTE]

women's mma is still very much considered a "gimmick" by the uneducated masses, women don't have drawing power in combat sports, if ben can continue to win then he will bring in more fans

And where is Mitrione now? Meanwhile, his ex agent is hooking up all his fighters, getting them title shots. Condit, Jones, Mir, and Bendo. Maybe if Hendricks had him has a manager he could get a shot.

I'm sorry, did you just say that Jones, Mir, Condit, and Bendo got hooked up title shots because of their shitty manager? As if they wouldn't have gotten those shots on their own merits? Mir was virtually the only available contender who made sense for his last title shot.

Condit was at the top of the WW division for finishing motherfuckers left and right, then he beat Diaz for the interm title.

Bendo got his title shot in one of the most exciting fights ever against Clay Guida.

They got themselves title shots. Their shyster manager is in there trying to get every red cent he can off of these guys hard work, and people like Bendo are paying the price, getting 39k to show and he's the fucking champ. Bwahaha.

the guys who are talking about their money either have enough money so that they can comfortably walk away from the ufc and not have to worry about it. or they are trying to get in the ufc's good graces so that they can be brought back for another fight or maybe get a little better bonus the next time around. you never hear about guys who are making little complaining because they have no financial security. this provides a one-sided story on how well the ufc pays, when in fact, it is very doubtful that fighters making little in contracted pay are getting these supposedly lucrative deals.

you can reference the top guys in the sport, that's fine. it does not represent the majority of the ufc or the financial arrangements (bonus/ppv system) that most fighters have.

where did I ever say it did? There have been multiple fighters who are on the lower end of the pay structure also make mention of these bonuses, Jared Papazian, Sean McCorkle, Ian McCall, Mike Easton, and Fabio Maldonado have also came out and say they have received anywhere from double to 5 times their fight payout in backstage bonuses.

[QUOTE="Rush";78168827]Sorry for coming off as a dick, it was more of a general post to get it out there as it annoys me that a big chunk of this forum think is really not popular, when the facts state otherwise.[/QUOTE]

No need to apologize, although it's respectable of you to do so. Yeah. It's difficult to determine how popular it is. Sherdog is only a sample of the mma community, but it's a large sample. I'm unsure if what you have posted are facts that confirm the degree of popularity of women's mma. You seem to be disregarding or overlooking some other factors for the numbers you've mentioned.

If I was him I'd be kinda pissed too. Bendo is better than Alavarez will ever be. He deserves more no doubt but at the same time the UFC is trying to take Bellators Main star.

That's why he needs a good agent. He needs Eddie Murphy's agent.

Back