Ben Askren.... what a wasted career | Page 4

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by joey gerbils, Sep 2, 2017.

1. DLX Athletic and Explosive Belt

DLX
    He's having the most lucrative career possible. Taking no damage, getting paid six figures, traveling the world, stating in good health. I get it, and I don't blame him at all.

But at some point, I wanna see how good this guy really is. It's disappointing as a fan watching someone as good as he is fight someone that literally covers up as soon as he gets taken down, no attempt to scramble back up what So ever.

I get he hates Dana, but go atleast go back to Bellator. Their WW division is pretty legit these days. His career has been a real disappointment to say the least.

barados and Meathead Jock like this.
  2. mjfan23 Red Belt

mjfan23
    UFC is no longer a legitimate measuring stick. It's all about revenue, ppv sales and freak show title shots

Fluffernutter and Meathead Jock like this.
  3. Fullmount Triangle Don't Let Them Force Feed You.

Fullmount Triangle
    considering he's financially stable and has taken no damage in his career, i'd say it's been pretty good.

As an Askren fan, i'm disappointed he hasn't fought better guys and embarrassed them, but Bellator doesn't want him ripping their new division apart and Dana White blatantly wants nothing to do with him because he won't be a company man, he'll make money, stink out the division and then leave.

barados and Meathead Jock like this.
  4. Snuc3315 avoiding the grave for a while

Snuc3315
    I have to disagree, I don't think Askren is unbeatable, or that he generally tests himself in matchmaking. Still he could beat many fighters in the UFC. If he was in the UFC he would be a title contender. His wrestling base is almost second to none.

5. Snuc3315 avoiding the grave for a while

Snuc3315
    It's not that Askren fights cans per se, he does sometimes, and the other guys he fights are a horrible style matchup .... for them. Askren doesn't fight guys he can't fairly easily dominate with wrestling. The closest fight to mind was a guy who kept getting up from the takedowns, and was owning Askren in the stand up. Still Askren had like 10 + takedowns. He could do that in the UFC, but even slightly weaker wrestlers who can also strike might KO him at some point.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  6. FKA IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!!

FKA
    Askren set his own time limit on his career and already extended it past what he wanted originally.

Plain and simple if he wanted to continue fighting he would but he's done.

Bellator wouldn't pay him what One is and woodley is the champ in the ufc .

Again if anyones to blame for him not being in the Ufc its the baldfather......

7. InfinityLens Brown Belt

InfinityLens
    Wonder if 1C will let him take 1 offs? Askren v Koreshkov 2 in Rizin (if 1C and Bellator are down) anybody?

8. StraightleftKO 2 belt champion

StraightleftKO
    People fight for different reasons.

Katsumi Yamada likes this.
  9. Katsumi Yamada blood belt

Katsumi Yamada
    ONE aren't cooperating with Rizin (yet), the exception being Aoki who's had a non-exclusive contract with ONE from the start.