Ben Askren UNLOADS on Dana White - "Dana is a bitter man with very thin skin. It's pathetic."

Askren wants no part of GSP, confirmed. Because, he just blew the last microscopic chance he still had of making it to the UFC.

Duckren is in...

tumblr_og300f01ee1spy7ono1_400.gif

Hesrightuknow.jpg

He is not wrong, but then again it does take one to know one.

well maybe if askren wanted to fight against the best and get paid properly he should have checked his fucking ego at the door.
So the one guy who can pretty much make or break your career, youre going to get into a pissing contest with?
Newsflash askren. your ego looks just as big and youre fighting in the minor leagues your entire career clutching to peanuts as pay. you have the gaul to attack dana when your ego is whats kept you out of the ufc all this time.

What an absolute stupid mother fucker. You know Ive always wanted to see askren in the ufc and always thought he got a raw deal from dana. But now I can see why dana cock blocked his career. if you shit where you eat, this is what happens. take a lesson folks, dont piss off the people who can make or break you.

what an absolute dumb fucker. You have as much if not bigger ego then dana and you dont have shit arent shit and now wont ever be shit. You played yourself funky. you have nobody to fault for your shit career but yourself at this point.

Considering ive been hearing rumblings of this getting sorta out, if this interview is recent, what an absolute stupid cunt.

I seem to remember Asskern loosing prety baddly to a brazilian in Asia until a serious eye gouge and the fight had to be coveniently stoped.hhhmmmmm undefeated. Lol

He's right. We all know that Dana is a habitual liar, and at least half of us know that he's a scumbag (see habitual liar for Exhibit A).
Just because Dana talks a bunch of shit to other people doesn't mean he isn't thin skinned/sensitive. The guy has a huge ego, that seems to go largely unchecked, and somebody not bowing down to him is more likely to cause him to hold a grudge than not.

On the other hand, from Askren's perspective, the only way to win probably seemed to be avoiding being a subject of Dana and his bosses, which means not caring about being in the UFC.
That's what happens sometimes with power struggles. Both sides potentially lose/miss out on something in order to stand their ground.

This is a solid take imo. One need not think anything good at all about Dana White to think that Ben Askren handled himself very poorly if his goal was to fight in a relevant organization.

I like Askren, but he is being a real idiot on this one.

Yes, Dana has an issue with him. Ben is highly confrontational in public to the point of insulting, demanding, and on top of it he IS a very unmarketable fighter with a style that doesn't sell well.

Why the living fuck would anyone invest a lot of money for someone who has every chance to be succesful in a division, become even more entitled and of a nuisance, while not generating high revenue in return?

Signing Askren would be a bad investment, and a headache. At least, if he was not trying to confront Dana publicly in every interview and make demands even before he has been signed he would have easiness to work with in his favor.

Geez, you'd think Askren would realise to shut up about Dana by now. There goes whatever chance he's got to fight against GSP. Genius.

Dana should run for the president of the US.

I don't like dana. Couldn't care less about askren

But I hope the irony of askren calling dana bitter is not lost on him.

Does Dana have anyone that overseas him?

At what point will the new bosses pull him aside and say:

"Listen, you have done great work for the UFC and it simply wouldn't be the same without you. However, you can't take this job so personally. Listen, we have invested a lot of money into this company and we have not seen the returns we have hoped for. There are some fights out there that could make us money. There are some athletes out there that could make us money. Just because you personally don't like the person is not a legitimate reason why he/she cannot be on our company's roster."

I see this working out well for Ben.

I was looking forward to Askren fighting the top guys in the WW division.
Like RDA vs Askren would be a good fight.

As usual in these threads some seem proud to have "will eat crap if douchebag in power ask me to" mentality lol

I kind of feel bad for Askren, with his recent resurgence on social media you can fell that he is dying for a call from the UFC. And he deserves one.

We all know Dana is a salty little man and habitual liar BUT ... Askren not being honest here either like nothing he says there is really all that someone would hold a grudge over "I said why not use USADA, Dana said no then used USADA later and I pointed that out" like really this is an 8 year gurdge, by a guy who hired back the likes of tito after Tito shit on dana name or didn't fire Hunt after his rants post 200. This is a bridge to far?

Back