Ben Askren UNLOADS on Dana White - "Dana is a bitter man with very thin skin. It's pathetic."

They just don't think much of you as a fighter. You may be great, but they don't agree. He's fought in a bunch of 2nd rate promotions, and not really excited too many with his fights. Dana has worked with tons of fighters he did not like. Hell most on the roster don't like him I would bet. From Tito, to Rampage, to Randy, to Hendo, on and on if you can fight, they usually sign you. But they don't think much of him. Maybe they had a kick at the can once, and he asked for too much money? So much for that..

I think there's a pot calling a kettle bitter here...... or something

sure, IF the ufc even gave him a "title shot" (quotes because let's be real, the titles don't mean a damn thing) - and that's a YUGE if.

the ufc seems more likely to give him a shit deal, with shit matchups... or just freeze him out and screw him over, like they've done to... you know, plenty of other fighters.

i don't think you understand what "negotiating power" is. with the ufc's contracts, the fighters generally have little to none.
Of course some fighters have negotiating power. What I'm saying, is that Askren has next to none AT THE MOMENT.

He can probably matched with the ONE FC purse. He has good management apparently. Take a 3 fight deal with a champ clause. Beat someone like Maia and Colby, then take on Woodley for a much, much bigger payday. If he gains momentum, he has far more negotiating power.

But he has to resign himself that being a very good wrestling based fighter in Asian orgs does not mean he carries a positive ROI for the UFC.

Let him wipe out Colby and BOOM. His worth goes up tenfold. GSP wants to fight him. I am 100% certain he'll earn much, much more with a short term loss for now.

Contender/champ in UFC > highest comodity ONE FC fighter

By a long margin. But I think it's all BS anyway as Ben has retired. He could fight GSP for a one deal fight and make more than 2 years of fighting in ONE FC. He'd be an idiot for ignoring such a lucrative fight, which is why he's probably slamming Dana publicly. If he wanted the big fight, he could just shut his mouth, take whatever offer and just sign the contract.

Which is why I think he has no more interest in fighting. Especially against elite comp.

He says it all stems back to a comment in 2012 where he called Dana out for being a liar, and White has held a huge grudge against him ever since.

well, Askren may be sugar-coating it a little bit...he also called Dana a "bald headed fat man" - LOL

don't really get him being THAT honest on the heels of him wanting this UFC fight after so many years being on the outside looking in and doing parody videos. he might finally have his chance to get signed and get the fight of his career against GSP but he's gonna risk it by taking a shot at the bald one? just shut the fuck up Ben and it might actually happen. he might have already shot himself in the foot for this.

Nothing to do with your post, but your taste in horror movies is outstanding.

Dude....just STFU. Your boring as hell and couldn't sell water in a desert. UFC has no interest.

Is he still bashing Dana publicly all these years later? Then at the same time, wonder why Dana won't give him a job?

He's not wrong, Dana's pettiness is keeping him out of the UFC however, if he was at all exciting he would have been in the UFC years ago

Askren... SMH. Dude just talks himself from never getting into the UFC more and more.

UFC weren't going to sign him after his contract disagreements with Bellator. They didn't want to be seen as signing someone Bellator cast off. Dana's shat on his record and accomplishments enough as well. He's obviously done well enough to be able to say what he thinks and not care about Dana's consequences. Many fighters have complaints about Dana and UFC management but are hamstrung in how much they can say without career repercussions. Pity so many fans are so invested in personalities they will just write off any criticism of Dana as 'whining'.

But you love khabib though right?

Fuckin hate Khablob. Hated GSP too with his "gotta work Georges" then he hops to the other side and continues patter punches to the body. Fuckin holdin down a dude forever and doing nothing...looking up at the clock.

He's not wrong. But this is also not going to help him into the UFC, which is the only place he'll ever have a "legacy fight" like he keeps talking about.

It's a solid plan. Talk shit about the GOAT (GSP) and then do everything possible to ensure you'll never have a chance to fight him. That way no one will ever see just how badly GSP would beat the ever-loving fuck out of you, and you can keep pretending like you're anywhere close to GSP's level.

Just found out Askren is running a wrestling camp at the local high school in my town this Sunday. Can't wait to be the only guy there without a kid in wrestling creeping in the corner.

Fuckin hate Khablob. Hated GSP too with his "gotta work Georges" then he hops to the other side and continues patter punches to the body. Fuckin holdin down a dude forever and doing nothing...looking up at the clock.

Well that’s fair then.

I’d like to see him get a fight vs gsp

I don't like dana. Couldn't care less about askren

But I hope the irony of askren calling dana bitter is not lost on him.

Back