Ben Askren UNLOADS on Dana White - "Dana is a bitter man with very thin skin. It's pathetic."

Arm Barbarian

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
He says it all stems back to a comment in 2012 where he called Dana out for being a liar, and White has held a huge grudge against him ever since.

Askren said he had mentioned that the UFC could do drug testing through USADA years ago, to which Dana supposedly said no to, then flip-flopped and brought in USADA a year later.

Ben says that he pointed it out publicly, and that is when the whole feud took off, and that Dana has had it out for him ever since.

Shame, I would have loved to see this guy compete against the UFCs best. But calling out Dana usually doesn't go well for fighters.

Thoughts?

Time-stamped :

giphy.gif

And there goes whatever 0.1% chance he had of being in the UFC

He ain't kidding !

3B32A7AC00000578-0-image-m-51_1481715350719.jpg

lol damn, he doesn't hold back ... doubt we'll ever see him now

don't really get him being THAT honest on the heels of him wanting this UFC fight after so many years being on the outside looking in and doing parody videos. he might finally have his chance to get signed and get the fight of his career against GSP but he's gonna risk it by taking a shot at the bald one? just shut the fuck up Ben and it might actually happen. he might have already shot himself in the foot for this.

Ten bucks says Arm Barbarian will like this post.

Askren is proclaiming that he is the mind behind the UFC-USADA testing partnership. Good lord. Just let it go. It's always the same bitter voices - Askren, Fitch, Quarry. I don't mean to imply that I refute the legitimacy of Askren's claim to be a handfull for any UFC welterweight, but his incessant bitching is just sad.

He's right. We all know that Dana is a habitual liar, and at least half of us know that he's a scumbag (see habitual liar for Exhibit A).
Just because Dana talks a bunch of shit to other people doesn't mean he isn't thin skinned/sensitive. The guy has a huge ego, that seems to go largely unchecked, and somebody not bowing down to him is more likely to cause him to hold a grudge than not.

On the other hand, from Askren's perspective, the only way to win probably seemed to be avoiding being a subject of Dana and his bosses, which means not caring about being in the UFC.
That's what happens sometimes with power struggles. Both sides potentially lose/miss out on something in order to stand their ground.

so Askren doesnt want to put it all behihnd and make peace with Dana to fight in UFC either

I don't know, Dana had a much worst relationship with Barnett or Ortiz and it was never an issue. He didn't even held a grudge against the guys that left the UFC for Affliction, I doubt Askren pissed him anything close to that.

If I were Ben, I wouldn't bow down to kiss Dana's arse either.

WAR BEN!

this is really a kettle pot situation, no offense to Askren. He seems bitter and salty every time he opens his mouth

Back