Ben Askren said he would destroy McGregor---New Roasted Podcast

lol man its embarrassing that you are being a 100 percent serious. just stop save yourself

And it was a weak ass basic 1-2 that hit conor and turned him into a panic wrestler, sucks but deal with it

Asskren gets his ass kicked by any decent sprawl and brawler in the UFC.

And sure Conor panic wrestled.
I never said he didn't.
I just said that pillow fisted Nate couldn't knock him down, which he didn't. Meanwhile Conor turned Nate into a butt scooter lol.

Conor gives Asskren head trauma in the first. He's not prepared to face an elite striker like Conor at all.

He'd look like a dad bod deer in headlights.

The fights start standing...every round starts standing...all it would take would be 1 or 2 shots from conor and the fight would be over...askren has never in his life faced anyone with even half of conor's fire power...he'd get killed...askren has had some controversial wins, which many thought he lost..and conor would have ran through those people.

styles make fights, ben would run through diaz 50-45

Askren is marginally more proven than Michael Page.

Agreed. And Conor didn't face a similar TD threat.

I'll argue that Chad was a greater TD threat due to his boxing skill, hand speed,foot work and explosiveness.
I'll also say that Chad is stronger than Asskren.
Chad is not a one trick pony at all.
Asskren is.
We can say that Chad didn't have a full camp but he stays in great shape and his "vitamins" would balance that out imo.
I'll say that Asskrens best chance would be to dive for an ankle pick before getting in range.

Ben askren would get rape charges if that fight happened

Prob should rephrase my comment n say that Askren has fought bigger men who punch hard as well. None as accurate as Conor, I give you that, but that doesn't mean he'd somehow succumb to Conor's punching.

I'd never favor Conor in this match-up

I don't really wanna see conor fight at WW...his cardio i feel is better at 155lbs...but if he's offered a fight against gsp...i'm sure he would go for it...he'd lose...a 5 round decision...

That's hilarious coming from the ultimate can crusher who, instead of dropping down to 155 and coming to the UFC, never tested himself.

I don't really wanna see conor fight at WW...his cardio i feel is better at 155lbs...but if he's offered a fight against gsp...i'm sure he would go for it...he'd lose...a 5 round decision...

He would quit on his stool if he made it to there, by the end of the 3rd. He can't keep up with the riddum.

He probably would, shame Askren screwed himself out of the chance to fight in the UFC.

Prob should rephrase my comment n say that Askren has fought bigger men who punch hard as well. None as accurate as Conor, I give you that, but that doesn't mean he'd somehow succumb to Conor's punching.

I'd never favor Conor in this match-up

askren might be just a tad too big for conor...

How do you want him to do that?

So much ignorance about his career. Clearly you have no clue what his background is and here you are with 18,000 posts...

I'll repeat it to refresh your memory.

When his Bellator contract was up, they chose not to renew Askren's contract. Dana stated publically that they had no interest in him. That has not changed. So where was he supposed to go? MMA fighters tend to make better money than wrestling coaches.

It was either One FC or one of the chump leagues like WSOF. I guarantee, Askren has made far more money fighting in One FC than he would anywhere else outside of Bellator or the UFC.

He wanted to get into the UFC, even offered to fight for free. Dana wasn't interested.

He has been talking trash for years to try to get some kind of offer from the UFC.
at the end of the day it's mma, if he doesn't want to test his skill against the best fighters then his mma career is a joke and irrelevant .no-one but a 100 people will remember askren .

at the end of the day it's mma, if he doesn't want to test his skill against the best fighters then his mma career is a joke and irrelevant .no-one but a 100 people will remember askren .

Well except for you know, the billion or so people that follow the Olympics.

And as everyone is aware except you, he didn't want to leave Bellator and he definitely wanted to get into the UFC.

You make he sound like he has chosen not to test himself against the best (in fact that is exactly what you said). I'd love to work for NASA but if they won't hire me, guess I am out of luck.

UFC should have signed Askren but I really feel he should have accepted the chump change and just went and won the title; made them pay him more and become a commodity, just like Conor went from 15k to 100 M in four years.

Well except for you know, the billion or so people that follow the Olympics.

And as everyone is aware except you, he didn't want to leave Bellator and he definitely wanted to get into the UFC.

You make he sound like he has chosen not to test himself against the best (in fact that is exactly what you said). I'd love to work for NASA but if they won't hire me, guess I am out of luck.
UFC offered 30k and One offered 100k. I guess he could have went to the UFC and started owning but I think the UFC would have tried to make an example out if him, given him a juiced Lombard or someone like Maia.

UFC offered 30k and One offered 100k. I guess he could have went to the UFC and started owning but I think the UFC would have tried to make an example out if him, given him a juiced Lombard or someone like Maia.

Dana certainly had a hate on for him. Not to mention the offer was a joke. He was a 12-0 WW that can speak english and a former medalled Olympian. How many bloody times has the UFC played up Rousey's bronze medal?

He may as well say he would destroy Brock Lesnar while he's at it.

Seriously, this.

Nothing against Askren specifically, but.. he's a 170lb'er

He fights for another org exclusively in Asia.

He's supposedly fighting Aoki and then retiring...

...so...who cares.

Dana certainly had a hate on for him. Not to mention the offer was a joke. He was a 12-0 WW that can speak english and a former medalled Olympian. How many bloody times has the UFC played up Rousey's bronze medal?
Yeah I totally agree. I compare him to a Chael that can fight. He has the talk but is super dominant - now that top UFC fighters have been to Bellator and been whipped, we see just how impressive his accomplishments are. He turned Koreshkov into a straight bitch.

I just think with his talent, he could have 'earned' his value by dominating fighters, getting the title, winning a huge fanbase and being like "Dana, 600 g's baby!!!"

i bilivit
4_Ben_Askren_vs._Andrey_Koreshkov.gif
Lol guys so oblivious.. No ones getting hyped for that shit.

Back