Bellator Signs Jiu-Jitsu Ace Dillon Danis

UFC drop the ball again. This is worse than hat leg kicker, rory, and bader not re-signing.

Dillon pablo danis has signed with bellator. The fighters are scared and the UFC fighters are praying he doesn't do well.

I'm excited.

Danis > Maia

giphy.gif

Good signing, he will bring a lot of attention to bellator being close to conor, he's a great prospect with his BJJ background.

On that note any idea where his striking is at, are there many videos about?

Good signing, he will bring a lot of attention to bellator being close to conor, he's a great prospect with his BJJ background.

On that note any idea where his striking is at, are there many videos about?

Curious about his striking as well. Seeing that he has been training at SBG, id say that he is at least competent on the feet. Is he well known in Ireland? Wonder if they will throw him on future Irish cards. I'm also curious to see how hard Bellator is going to press for Duffy. He is not only a much needed name for lw, but he is someone who can help with their Ireland cards

Danis is an amazing grappler and he has an aggressive style that should be suited to MMA.

I hope he doesn't train his striking in SBG though, that camp seems incapable of teaching beginners how to strike.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/3/1...partner-of-conor-mcgregor-signs-with-bellator

One of the top grapplers in the world — and a training partner of Conor McGregor — is headed to Bellator.

Dillon Danis inked a deal with the MMA promotion Monday, MMA Fighting confirmed with Bellator officials. Kevin Iole of Yahoo Sports was the first to break the news. Danis had pondered the idea of fighting in MMA for a while; now his first pro fight will be under the Bellator banner.

Danis has been a key training partner for McGregor, the UFC lightweight champion, since before McGregor’s second fight with Nate Diaz last year. Danis and McGregor have grown close.

“I want to fight the best, just like Conor does,” Danis told Yahoo. “We’re different people, though we’re very like-minded. We set high goals and we aren’t afraid to try to achieve. I feel he’s the best ever, in my opinion, and so if people want to compare us, well, how could it be bad if you’re a basketball player to be compared to Michael Jordan? That’s essentially what people would be saying if they compare us.

“I obviously respect what he has accomplished and will accomplish in the future. He’s incredible and the aura of confidence he has is amazing. He’s a champion for a reason. But I want to go down my own path and do it my way.”

Danis, a New York resident, is a Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt under the legendary Marcelo Garcia. He is an IBJJF world champion as a brown belt in both gi and no gi. Danis, 23, is regarded as one of the top grapplers at his weight in the world. He told Yahoo that he plans on fighting at welterweight initially and then maybe lightweight.

Bellator can add his name to its growing list of promising prospects from a specific martial art. The promotion has wrestling blue-chippers Aaron Pico, Ed Ruth, Jarod Trice, Tyrel Fortune, and Joey Davis under contract already.

Danis told Yahoo that his plan is to have his first fight toward the end of the year.
"Connor yummy wiener so tasty Connor yum yum Connor pp" is all i heard

Feed him to Rory. I cant stand this guy. Hope he gets ktfoed and fades into obscurity.

Full hater.

This dude was posting that Jon Jones should beg him to have grappling match lol

Curious about his striking as well. Seeing that he has been training at SBG, id say that he is at least competent on the feet. Is he well known in Ireland? Wonder if they will throw him on future Irish cards. I'm also curious to see how hard Bellator is going to press for Duffy. He is not only a much needed name for lw, but he is someone who can help with their Ireland cards

Lol. Dillon's from New Jersey.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/3/1...partner-of-conor-mcgregor-signs-with-bellator

One of the top grapplers in the world — and a training partner of Conor McGregor — is headed to Bellator.

Dillon Danis inked a deal with the MMA promotion Monday, MMA Fighting confirmed with Bellator officials. Kevin Iole of Yahoo Sports was the first to break the news. Danis had pondered the idea of fighting in MMA for a while; now his first pro fight will be under the Bellator banner.

Danis has been a key training partner for McGregor, the UFC lightweight champion, since before McGregor’s second fight with Nate Diaz last year. Danis and McGregor have grown close.

“I want to fight the best, just like Conor does,” Danis told Yahoo. “We’re different people, though we’re very like-minded. We set high goals and we aren’t afraid to try to achieve. I feel he’s the best ever, in my opinion, and so if people want to compare us, well, how could it be bad if you’re a basketball player to be compared to Michael Jordan? That’s essentially what people would be saying if they compare us.

“I obviously respect what he has accomplished and will accomplish in the future. He’s incredible and the aura of confidence he has is amazing. He’s a champion for a reason. But I want to go down my own path and do it my way.”

Danis, a New York resident, is a Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt under the legendary Marcelo Garcia. He is an IBJJF world champion as a brown belt in both gi and no gi. Danis, 23, is regarded as one of the top grapplers at his weight in the world. He told Yahoo that he plans on fighting at welterweight initially and then maybe lightweight.

Bellator can add his name to its growing list of promising prospects from a specific martial art. The promotion has wrestling blue-chippers Aaron Pico, Ed Ruth, Jarod Trice, Tyrel Fortune, and Joey Davis under contract already.

Danis told Yahoo that his plan is to have his first fight toward the end of the year.
Big signing. I dont think he becomes champ there though. Now there big time bjj guy at 185 can! My former bjj coach trained under him but cant think of his name right now.... damn oklahoman

Big signing. I dont think he becomes champ there though. Now there big time bjj guy at 185 can! My former bjj coach trained under him but cant think of his name right now.... damn oklahoman
Being from okc everyone in oklahoma has heard of lovato and yes he could for sure be champ

This is a great signing for Bellator. IMO they do a great job of signing these athletes outside of MMA before developing them for the sport.

They should have his opponent in Mayweathers corner when Mcgregor v Mayweather goes down (if Mayweather agrees to it).

Easy big time publicity.

Back