News Bellator LW GP confirmed for March

Jesus fucking christ did Bellator knock this out of the park. In a perfect world I would have preferred if they could have gotten Satoshi (and maybe Reznikov) in there, but fuck is this good. Patricky/Outlaw/Bendo all feel like they'll likely lose in the first round, but I have no idea who is going to win this tourney.

Damn that's so soon.. I'm going to be out of the country and not have fast internet.

<DCrying>

But I'll be able to catch it two days later.... so no live thread for me. :/

Im mostly surprised to see that Bellator is protecting Usman more than AJ. Usman's road to the final is as easy as Bellator could make it, they basically spoonfed hik the easiest opposition, where as AJ will have to fight either Tofiq or Shabliy to make it to the finals. Although, if AJ can somehow beat Tofiq/Shabliy the final Usman vs AJ is as big a fight as Bellator can put together.

Im mostly surprised to see that Bellator is protecting Usman more than AJ. Usman's road to the final is as easy as Bellator could make it, they basically spoonfed hik the easiest opposition, where as AJ will have to fight either Tofiq or Shabliy to make it to the finals. Although, if AJ can somehow beat Tofiq/Shabliy the final Usman vs AJ is as big a fight as Bellator can put together.
Usman is the meal ticket. He’s the golden heir to the Khabib team. He is their prized possession. Bellator will do anything for him and I don’t blame him. AJ is their guy but Usman is golden. He has megastar potential for Bellator standards. If he keeps winning eventually those guys in the UAE will start calling for events and that’s big money.

Barnaoui is in his bracket. That's not an easy out at all.

He 100% should of had spot over Outlaw, it's bizarre how bellator just left him in thr dark
I'm assuming it also because Outlaw was set for a title shot against Patricky and last minute took on the Tofiq bout instead

He 100% should of had spot over Outlaw, it's bizarre how bellator just left him in thr dark
Especially now knowing that Mansour Barnaoui turned him down and now got a place in the tourney.
Stay active, somebody will get hurt.
best case scenario for primus- he gets inserted after the first round and can continue on from there

Mansour isn't an easy fight, Usman, Shabliy, Tofiq, Mansour and McKee are the best guys in this tournament quite clearly. They're all pretty damn world class. If Usman gets through Mansour and then the winner of McKee and Tofiq/Shabliy....woof.

Primus discusses being left out of the tournament, who’s avoiding fighting him, and broken promises from the company here:
https://www.mmafighting.com/2023/1/...g-heartbroken-bellator-lightweight-tournament
Primus is very solid and has the level to be in the tournament, particularly instead of Outlaw. Back in the day (2014-2019) Bellator really wanted to push Primus as their next big thing, but Primus could never fight more than once a year, so he mever picked up any momentum. But things have changed around in Bellator, now they have other 5-6 fighters that they can also promote and have won more impressively recently. So, I can understand if Bellator doesnt trust him to commit to possibly fight 3 times in a year. I actually dont think he can cut to 155 that often.

Primus is very solid and has the level to be in the tournament, particularly instead of Outlaw. Back in the day (2014-2019) Bellator really wanted to push Primus as their next big thing, but Primus could never fight more than once a year, so he mever picked up any momentum. But things have changed around in Bellator, now they have other 5-6 fighters that they can also promote and have won more impressively recently. So, I can understand if Bellator doesnt trust him to commit to possibly fight 3 times in a year. I actually dont think he can cut to 155 that often.
Primus is comically ripped for LW, like made Chandler look undersized

Primus is comically ripped for LW, like made Chandler look undersized
He should move up to 170 and fight Yamauchi first. That or try PFL, I dont think he is a big enough name to fight in a PPV card, though but maybe he can try the WW tournament.

I could see Primus being an alternative. He's former champ and has some good wins. He's been pretty active lately too.

Back