Bellator 200 Ratings = 421k viewers

The worst thing is, IIRC, Pitbull is a guy who brings good ratings
Putting him in a tape delayed event is stupid as hell

that is true he has been a pretty good ratings draw for them but he hasnt fought since April 2017 and before that was Aug 2016. Bellator has taken a major trend down since then, the network change etc.

So even without tape delay there is no guarantee he'd be the same kind of draw he was then and with tape delay its probably another 400k show that night with a UFC fight night on.

Bellator 200 was still better overall than UFC Liverpool.

It's a UK show so that will be the ratings that matter most. Are those out yet?

It's a UK show so that will be the ratings that matter most. Are those out yet?
And Bellator is being broadcasted in South America too. So it is not a big deal. UFC is also.

People think that the world starts and finishes in USA when you have thousands and probably millions watching it in other countries.

I was predicting ratings to be in the toilet and this about right

Fedor is the only guy on the roster that can reverse this trend, Coker was an idiot to stop the freakshow fights..Coker is just a really bad promoter overall.

The people want to see Ken Shamrock, they don't care about the Mousasi's or the dancing fools (MVP). Today's MMA audience doesn't just want to watch MMA, they want to watch stars and personalities..North American fans are becoming more sophisticated and you can't just give them pure MMA and expect them to like it..that game is over. The market is saturated and the interest isn't there for regular MMA..the fans are now more demanding and both Dana and Coker are not adapting to these new higher standards...give us freakshows, give us stars, give us something new and something fresh and stop giving us the same shit we've been watching for a decade. Giving the fans what they want is what being a good promoter is all about and Coker is an idiot in this regard...
fedor has never been a draw so he will not help much.

And Bellator is being broadcasted in South America too. So it is not a big deal. UFC is also.

People think that the world starts and finishes in USA when you have thousands and probably millions watching it in other countries.
When most of your revenue is US based then the world does start and end in the US.

I don’t know what to think. It sounds low. That said, since Bellator 1 people have made threads to say “Look how low their ratings are!! Haha! They’re going under!!” Here we are a decade later and 199 events later and people are still making the same threads and prognosticating Bellators demise.

It’s hardly and impressive prediction at this point even if it proves to be true. “See!! Told you it would fail!!! It only lasted a decade!”

fedor has never been a draw so he will not help much.

Didn't the last Fedor event Peak at 1 Million ? I think he's a draw just not a Ken Shamrock or Kimbo level draw

At any rate who is a bigger draw on the Bellator roster ? IMO Fedor's the only guy with any kind of pull in Bellator and that's sad

Didn't the last Fedor event Peak at 1 Million ? I think he's a draw just not a Ken Shamrock or Kimbo level draw

At any rate who is a bigger draw on the Bellator roster ? IMO Fedor's the only guy with any kind of pull in Bellator and that's sad
Lord Chael.

When most of your revenue is US based then the world does start and end in the US.
And how do you know about that? You have access to Bellator and UFC books?

People have to realize that even if MMA peaked in the US it continues to grow at an exponential pace outside. Fox Sports is the #1 sports channel in Argentina and UFC is always live which is on prime time saturday night.

Hundreds of thousands of people watch the UFC and Bellator and that does not go to the ratings you all experts of nothing analyze.

People have to realize that even if MMA peaked in the US it continues to grow at an exponential pace outside. Fox Sports is the #1 sports channel in Argentina and UFC is always live which is on prime time saturday night.

Hundreds of thousands of people watch the UFC and Bellator and that does not go to the ratings you all experts of nothing analyze.
Common sense with a dash of business sense is how I know that.

Fedor vs Mir peaked at 1.5mil

OUCH...................I think what the ratings is showing since the re-branding of the network is that Spike use to attract a lot of static viewers or whatever you want to call them. Basically, just leaving your box on that channel with the TV off or on/just back ground noise and those viewers aren't invested in what they are watching. Now that the channel is gearing more towards dramas,movies, etc those people have moved on to another channel. In other words they weren't really fans of Bellator per say. This all explains the eerie similar ratings they had event after event with almost regardless of star power.

At some point Paramount/Viacom is going to have too spend money on real advertising if they want to grow this product. It can't all be spent on talent. Paramount is attracting a bigger viewership than Spike was and they aren't tuning into Bellator.

and UFC in Liverpool had 550K and they hyped the shit out of it.

It doesn't matter who's fighting who in Bellator their ratings will always be all over the place. Bellator will always be on the back burner to most "casual" fans lives and if they have time, they'll watch it.

That is great for Argentina. The problem is UFC is getting hundreds of millions from FOX and PPV's in the US market. What are they getting from the Argentina market? 2 million a year and giving them PPV events to go along with it? I don't know the amount but I do know its peanuts compared to the US market. Yes, WME has been increasing these international deals by a lot each time they come up. But all the international media deals still combined don't out weigh just the new ESPN TV/ESPN+ deal.

They are definitely focusing on the UK and in Europe with all these overseas cards and with the recent announcement of the new western Europe based series coming in 2019 it's pretty obvious they aren't overly concerned with the domestic market.

Any fool can see the declining viewership across the grid in the US market the UFC has seen some cards and ppvs see record lows this year.Along with rebranding the network and the decline in cable viewers Viacom can see this and is spreading out instead of helping further oversaturate things.

I'm sure no one at V iacom or bellator is happy with low numbers but with tape delaying events and just some of the lineups they have to know numbers in the US wont' be stellar.

I'm definently interested in the UK and Europe numbers.Bellator broadcasts to a ton of places cuz Viacom is a global entity and has channels across the globe.People see Bellator as just a US based mma company but it's owned by Viacom that has ties all over which will prove to be a resource in the near future with the announcement of further expansion.

The western Europe series will feature bellator vets as well as prospects so this will help keep some guys more busy too.

Back