Bellator 200 Ratings = 421k viewers

Same viewers as Bellator 196 , both tape delay, it's pretty bad to be honest

Seems the rename did crash theyre ratings, on the other hand mma is not doing well worldwide. Which in my oponion is just due to all the a new goat every week + the fighters that make it to the public are all coced out bums who made it just because they were protectes assets(jon jones and connor mcgregor comes to mind) and the majority of theyre fights are just painfull to watch. That said im pretty shure that this was expected and foreseable when the ronda rousey craze startes all the crazy stuff they talked with her being able to outstrike vladimir klitschko and prime mike tyson just make everyone cringe who saw a fight of her and her bad behaviour beliving this stuff alienatet a whole generation to watch mma.

They are putting on some great shows. If these ratings are concerning, then they are flying way under the radar. Lot of interesting propects in their pocket at the moment as well as good vets.

Seeing that kid's arm get folded in the wrong direction was shocking.

Last edited:
And the next three events wont help. Month till next event, two womens main events and a tape delayed Pitbull/Weichel fight. Pitbull/Weichel is a good fight but its tape delayed and airing the same time as a stacked UFC fight night.

I was predicting ratings to be in the toilet and this about right

Fedor is the only guy on the roster that can reverse this trend, Coker was an idiot to stop the freakshow fights..Coker is just a really bad promoter overall.

The people want to see Ken Shamrock, they don't care about the Mousasi's or the dancing fools (MVP). Today's MMA audience doesn't just want to watch MMA, they want to watch stars and personalities..North American fans are becoming more sophisticated and you can't just give them pure MMA and expect them to like it..that game is over. The market is saturated and the interest isn't there for regular MMA..the fans are now more demanding and both Dana and Coker are not adapting to these new higher standards...give us freakshows, give us stars, give us something new and something fresh and stop giving us the same shit we've been watching for a decade. Giving the fans what they want is what being a good promoter is all about and Coker is an idiot in this regard...

They tape delayed a tape delayed event on the westcoast....i bitch every event but its fucking terrible that I have to use the app.

No more tape delayed events please!

That is bad news, i was expecting at least 600k, hopefully they did good ratings in the UK..

And the next three events wont help. Month till next event, two womens main events and a tape delayed Pitbull/Weichel fight. Pitbull/Weichel is a good fight but its tape delayed and airing the same time as a stacked UFC fight night.

The worst thing is, IIRC, Pitbull is a guy who brings good ratings
Putting him in a tape delayed event is stupid as hell

they didnt simulcast it on CMT so you cant say cmt took away viewers. Actually it's pretty clear that cmt doesnt really take any viewers when they do simulcast because its around the same numbers on paramount regardless.

what the hell can they do to right this ship.

I was predicting ratings to be in the toilet and this about right

Fedor is the only guy on the roster that can reverse this trend, Coker was an idiot to stop the freakshow fights..Coker is just a really bad promoter overall.

The people want to see Ken Shamrock, they don't care about the Mousasi's or the dancing fools (MVP). Today's MMA audience doesn't just want to watch MMA, they want to watch stars and personalities..North American fans are becoming more sophisticated and you can't just give them pure MMA and expect them to like it..that game is over. The market is saturated and the interest isn't there for regular MMA..the fans are now more demanding and both Dana and Coker are not adapting to these new higher standards...give us freakshows, give us stars, give us something new and something fresh and stop giving us the same shit we've been watching for a decade. Giving the fans what they want is what being a good promoter is all about and Coker is an idiot in this regard...
The ratings started trending downward after the freak show fights. No one takes Bellator seriously after seeing Kimbo vs Dada. They'd tune in for Kimbo, but why would they watch a title fight from a circus league? Bjorn was able to pull big ratings with a fight like Chandler vs Alvarez because they were taken seriously. People would talk about how Pat Curran would do against Jose Aldo, or how Michael Chandler would do against Anthony Pettis. Now that never happens. Bellator was completely degraded by Coker's "fun fights." It's a joke now.

They need to come out with their own free streaming service and just load it with commercials and ads. Who has cable anymore ?? I mean, I watched on cable because I happened to be at a house with cable. I was shocked by this as well. ( someone having cable ).

<mma4> .

I lost access to Bellator when spike turned to Paramount. We stream through Sling tv and Paramount became an add on for us costing $5 per month. I’ll prob buy the channel one day but I’m in no rush to do it. It was better when part of the basic package of channels.

I wonder how many people like me stopped watching because they simply lost the channel and/or don’t know that spike turned to Paramount.

Back