Bellator 200 Ratings = 421k viewers

You do realize that Paramount on most cable systems is the exact same channel as Spike and Paramount has drawn much more viewers after the rebranding than Spike did. Bellator is one of the only shows that the ratings have gone down since the switch over.

Tape delay hurt some. But CroCop vs Nelson falling off probably hurt the most and we'll probably see that in a lower a Peak rating when that comes out. To me if your looking at results chances are you aren't going to watch it or your diehard and will watch it regardless. I think very few people come across the results and say to themselves, no need to watch it now.
Good points but it's 2018, sometimes even if you don't want spoilers, they show up on your phone, most people get given news through social media, hell even if this was live in the east coast, the west coast get the fight tape delayed for every event, so just following fighters or journalists you might get spoiled.

This very true.

I only question with the rebranding of the Spike to Paramount does Bellator really have a home with Paramount anymore??

Paramount is drawing in more viewers but the biggest spike is in female viewers which is expected. But even with more viewers seeing ads about an up coming Bellator event it isn't translating into better ratings for Bellator and that has to be concerning on some level. It's probably why they are messing around with some events also being shown on CMT at the same time. Won't surprise me one bit if by the end of the year or start of 2019 Bellator is on CMT. I've heard CMT is more or less be rebranded from a content stand point.

Well to be honst when it comes to Paramount CMT / Spike and what ever, I have no clue since I dont live in North American and never had any of this channels.

I see Bellator as nothing but content for Viacom and what ever channel they put it on.
As long as the content is some what cheap or profitable it will survive.
Viacom is not in mma for the good of the sport or love.

I would love to see Scott try and do something other than to over pay old UFC fighters.
Oh well...

Well to be honst when it comes to Paramount CMT / Spike and what ever, I have no clue since I dont live in North American and never had any of this channels.

I see Bellator as nothing but content for Viacom and what ever channel they put it on.
As long as the content is some what cheap or profitable it will survive.
Viacom is not in mma for the good of the sport or love.

I would love to see Scott try and do something other than to over pay old UFC fighters.
Oh well...

I've been ringing that bell for over a year now that Coker/Viacom need to do something different.

It just seems like very little thought is put into how they want to utilize the roster through out the year. It's almost like the they look at it from event to event or a month or two out and that is it. The peak ratings show they can grab UFC fans when they have names that people care about. The problem is no one is tuning into the rest of the card. If I had control I'd press the pause button for a few months and figure out my game plan for the future. I'd figure out who are my 20 or so best named/selling fighters and who are my 10-15 top prospects. With that I'd tell every one of them if your healthy and want to fight you get three matches in a 12 month period. I'd plan on about 8 big events with 5 fights each filled with those fighters. Then I'd have about 16 events a year center around leading up to these big events that are more or less proving grounds and using those events to promote the hell out of next big event. You could even do 8 man tournaments if you wanted at various weight classes on these 16 shows. But the whole goal would be to that these 8 events is what carries the promotion and hopefully raise the avg. ratings. Just throwing cards together and every once in awhile the stars align and the card looks stack doesn't work. Hardly anyone is clamoring for the next show or even cares right now and that is why the ratings are in the shitter. Average fan would rather just get their MMA fix from the UFC and the 500 shows they are doing yearly. For them Bellator doesn't give a good enough reason event after event to tune in.

P.S.: I honestly don't know if that would even help. In sports, fans usually only care about the pinnacle of the sport and any other form of it fights for the scraps. Maybe that is just where MMA as whole is at now and we expect too much out of the Bellator's of the world.

Back