Bellator 200 Ratings = 421k viewers

That is great for Argentina. The problem is UFC is getting hundreds of millions from FOX and PPV's in the US market. What are they getting from the Argentina market? 2 million a year and giving them PPV events to go along with it? I don't know the amount but I do know its peanuts compared to the US market. Yes, WME has been increasing these international deals by a lot each time they come up. But all the international media deals still combined don't out weigh just the new ESPN TV/ESPN+ deal.
Plus the average US person has much more disposable income than 90% of the world and more inclination to spend it on entertainment/advertised products.

OUCH...................I think what the ratings is showing since the re-branding of the network is that Spike use to attract a lot of static viewers or whatever you want to call them. Basically, just leaving your box on that channel with the TV off or on/just back ground noise and those viewers aren't invested in what they are watching. Now that the channel is gearing more towards dramas,movies, etc those people have moved on to another channel. In other words they weren't really fans of Bellator per say. This all explains the eerie similar ratings they had event after event with almost regardless of star power.

At some point Paramount/Viacom is going to have too spend money on real advertising if they want to grow this product. It can't all be spent on talent. Paramount is attracting a bigger viewership than Spike was and they aren't tuning into Bellator.

I think the people that watched Spike were a more MMA friendly audience. Bellator is getting a smaller peace of a bigger pie.

They are definitely focusing on the UK and in Europe with all these overseas cards and with the recent announcement of the new western Europe based series coming in 2019 it's pretty obvious they aren't overly concerned with the domestic market.

Any fool can see the declining viewership across the grid in the US market the UFC has seen some cards and ppvs see record lows this year.Along with rebranding the network and the decline in cable viewers Viacom can see this and is spreading out instead of helping further oversaturate things.

I'm sure no one at V iacom or bellator is happy with low numbers but with tape delaying events and just some of the lineups they have to know numbers in the US wont' be stellar.

I'm definently interested in the UK and Europe numbers.Bellator broadcasts to a ton of places cuz Viacom is a global entity and has channels across the globe.People see Bellator as just a US based mma company but it's owned by Viacom that has ties all over which will prove to be a resource in the near future with the announcement of further expansion.

The western Europe series will feature bellator vets as well as prospects so this will help keep some guys more busy too.

What western Europe series?

They need to throw Dillon Danis on the main card, he is Bellators biggest draw according to his words, not mine.

They used to have something fresh and sorta exciting with the weekly shows and tournaments. They built prospects and developed their own talent... it took a while and they pounded it down our throats but upon reflection that model was more desirable than UFC lite...

I think the people that watched Spike were a more MMA friendly audience. Bellator is getting a smaller peace of a bigger pie.

What western Europe series?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mmajun...western-europe-focused-mma-series-in-2019/amp

Coker said Bellator will continue to promote tentpole events such as this past Friday’s show, at which Gegard Mousasi (44-6-2 MMA, 2-0 BMMA) captured the middleweight title from Raphael Carvalho (15-2 MMA, 6-1 BMMA) in the headliner. But the new series will give U.K. fans more live MMA.

“The great thing is, Viacom is committed,” Coker said. “And when you have a big media mogul like that committed, it only means there will be great things ahead.”

I thought this will be about 500k to 600k?

Tape delay and the scrapped Crocop fight hurt them alot.

They used to have something fresh and sorta exciting with the weekly shows and tournaments. They built prospects and developed their own talent... it took a while and they pounded it down our throats but upon reflection that model was more desirable than UFC lite...

No it isnt.....its just been so long people forget that tourneys held champs out if action for way too long,and fighters didn' want to go through a whole tourney for a title shot.Plus the tourney format wasn't attractive to free agents overall it really hindered the progression the longer it went on.

No it isnt.....its just been so long people forget that tourneys held champs out if action for way too long,and fighters didn' want to go through a whole tourney for a title shot.Plus the tourney format wasn't attractive to free agents overall it really hindered the progression the longer it went on.

dont really give a shit about titles, whiny champs not fighting... prospects are hungry and put on exciting fights. Bellators old format grew on me and was a breath of fresh air in a world of formulaic UFC clones... not saying i don't enjoy UFC and the clones but different is good...

I lost access to Bellator when spike turned to Paramount. We stream through Sling tv and Paramount became an add on for us costing $5 per month. I’ll prob buy the channel one day but I’m in no rush to do it. It was better when part of the basic package of channels.

I wonder how many people like me stopped watching because they simply lost the channel and/or don’t know that spike turned to Paramount.

OMG has everyone been living under a rock the past couple years? Buy a firestick and load it with apk's you can watch Bellator ,UFC PPV's and just about every possible cable channel you can think about and more all for free besides paying for the firestick.

Maybe they should stop the tape delay bullshit then not as many people are going to be inclined to watch fights if the results have popped up on their fb news feed or whatever that day

I don’t know what to think. It sounds low. That said, since Bellator 1 people have made threads to say “Look how low their ratings are!! Haha! They’re going under!!” Here we are a decade later and 199 events later and people are still making the same threads and prognosticating Bellators demise.

It’s hardly and impressive prediction at this point even if it proves to be true. “See!! Told you it would fail!!! It only lasted a decade!”

Its pretty much like the HW forums "UFC is dying"
People have been saying that since I first joined.

The American Gangster topped the numbers at Bellator 192.

chael-sonnen-ufc-167.jpg

They couldn't expect great ratings- several hours tape delay (half mma- community knew results), Friday night- paramount (still a number people who don't know formerly spike)

How did gate/arena do ?

I think Bellator needs to read the writing on the wall, MMA in America belongs to the UFC. When a guy like Conor McGregor outdo your best events, your best cards while being PPV while you're free on tv it's time to pack it up. Best thing to do is Viacom disbanding the organization or selling the rights to another MMA promotion

I think Bellator needs to read the writing on the wall, MMA in America belongs to the UFC. When a guy like Conor McGregor outdo your best events, your best cards while being PPV while you're free on tv it's time to pack it up. Best thing to do is Viacom disbanding the organization or selling the rights to another MMA promotion

I dont think Viacom or even Bellator is about being bigger than the UFC.
Bellator is cheap content for Viacom. As long as they can continue to be that Bellator is some what safe.
Look at what FOX paid for UFC and now espn. I am pretty sure Bellator costs Viacom a lot less.

They couldn't expect great ratings- several hours tape delay (half mma- community knew results), Friday night- paramount (still a number people who don't know formerly spike)

How did gate/arena do ?

You do realize that Paramount on most cable systems is the exact same channel as Spike and Paramount has drawn much more viewers after the rebranding than Spike did. Bellator is one of the only shows that the ratings have gone down since the switch over.

Tape delay hurt some. But CroCop vs Nelson falling off probably hurt the most and we'll probably see that in a lower a Peak rating when that comes out. To me if your looking at results chances are you aren't going to watch it or your diehard and will watch it regardless. I think very few people come across the results and say to themselves, no need to watch it now.

Bellator is cheap content for Viacom. As long as they can continue to be that Bellator is some what safe.
Look at what FOX paid for UFC and now espn. I am pretty sure Bellator costs Viacom a lot less.

This very true.

I only question with the rebranding of the Spike to Paramount does Bellator really have a home with Paramount anymore??

Paramount is drawing in more viewers but the biggest spike is in female viewers which is expected. But even with more viewers seeing ads about an up coming Bellator event it isn't translating into better ratings for Bellator and that has to be concerning on some level. It's probably why they are messing around with some events also being shown on CMT at the same time. Won't surprise me one bit if by the end of the year or start of 2019 Bellator is on CMT. I've heard CMT is more or less be rebranded from a content stand point.

Well Viacom owns bellator so the only cost are employees, etc. Since they own them the true cost is what the difference they generate in advertisers are versus another show in the same time slot. Apparently Bellator lost money last year with the hiring bonanza and the PPV low buys. So its like a double loss in many ways because Viacom could have ran something else in its time slot, even reruns and generated a profit, as they were already paid for.

well espn just reported Yair went back to the UFC. Cub Swanson also went back after testing free agency. same for john dodson, etc...

This is not a good sign for bellator. They went from signing guys like rory and mousasi to now signing guys like tim johnson. Have they given up?

I wonder what will happen to Chandler?

They need to come out with their own free streaming service and just load it with commercials and ads. Who has cable anymore ?? I mean, I watched on cable because I happened to be at a house with cable. I was shocked by this as well. ( someone having cable ).

<mma4> .
LOL at being a fight fan or sports fan who does not have cable.

Back